Why upgrade to WinMo 6.5 from 6.1?

Guest msra6la2
I heard so many people complain about WinMo 6.5 being worse than 6.1, is that true?

And What happens to multitasking in 6.5?

Comparing the best Windows Mobile 6.1 (HZHIH6) and 6.5 (HZHJC2) roms I have used:

Speed:

JC2 > IH6 (I mean JC2 is much quicker than IH6)

free RAM at start-up:

IH6 (83MB/256mb) > JC2 (71mb/256mb) => IH6 is a better rom for multi-tasking. Not that it means much to me as I am not a heavy multi-tasker (my previous Omnia i-900 didn't offer that much ram - around 50mb at start-up - for multi-tasking.)

initial free ROM storage:

IH6 (168mb) > JC2 (119mb) => but that isn't too much of a great deal becos 119mb is well enough for me

internet speed (both HSDPA and Wifi):

JC2 > IH6

Games performance:

JC2 > IH6

Overall, I find that WM6.5 is much better than WM6.1 overall. It is just annoying that I now have to re-boot my phone once every 2 days or so just to refresh memory (and use CleanRAM alot more frequently than I used to)

Guest abdelrahim

I havn't used 6.1 as my Samsung I8000 was originally 6.5 and with a very stable ROM which is the old II9....Iam still reluctant to upgrade to 6.5 .3 or 6.5.5 while only watching the new ROMS everyday....May be I will only upgrade when I feel 6.5 x is going to add more to my device....

Guest robertjm

Comparing WM 6.1 with WM 6.5 is like comparing a VW Bug with a Porsche Boxster.

Ferdinand may have had his hand in building both, but the Boxster is gonna beat the Bug EVERYTIME to the finish line.

WM 6.5 is faster, better interface, and with custom ROMS you can get rid of a lot of the bloatware that's added, which you're never going to use in a zillion years, allowing you more elbow room to install what you want!

Guest msra6la2
Comparing WM 6.1 with WM 6.5 is like comparing a VW Bug with a Porsche Boxster.

Ferdinand may have had his hand in building both, but the Boxster is gonna beat the Bug EVERYTIME to the finish line.

WM 6.5 is faster, better interface, and with custom ROMS you can get rid of a lot of the bloatware that's added, which you're never going to use in a zillion years, allowing you more elbow room to install what you want!

the only useless app I find is the Media cube, it is just a novelty Samsung actually included it in Touchwiz 2.0 (Omnia II and Jet version of Touchwiz 2.0). I firmly believe the reason why Samsung put it in as part of the UI at the first place was becos they wanted to tell people "hey, our phones can do 3D graphics".