No Contact ID (Name) with SMS???? Only the number appears..

Guest pauloz!

Hi everyone!!

Just today i updated my phone from 6.5 to 6.5.3 JD1 ROM using the latest ROM via the Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader. However now with any SMS messages i receive, the sender's contact ID (their name) is missing!!! Only their number is displayed and NOT their name =( Pretty annoying and it happens in threaded or non-threaded view. Also in the Call Log their name is displayed and it's all good. On 6.5 it was all sweet...

Does anybody know why this could have happened?? How can i fix it??

Thanks for your replies!! =)

Edited by pauloz!

Guest dgmorland
Hi everyone!!

Just today i updated my phone from 6.5 to 6.5.3 JD1 ROM using the latest ROM via the Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader. However now with any SMS messages i receive, the sender's contact ID (their name) is missing!!! Only their number is displayed and NOT their name =( Pretty annoying and it happens in threaded or non-threaded view...on 6.5 it was all sweet.

Does anybody know why this could have happened??

Thanks for your replies!! =)

What is HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\CallIdMatch set to? It varies in different ROMs. This is the number of digits it expects to match against to identify the contact. If it is more than 8, change it to 8 then soft reset.

Guest pauloz!
What is HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\CallIdMatch set to? It varies in different ROMs. This is the number of digits it expects to match against to identify the contact. If it is more than 8, change it to 8 then soft reset.

Woah it worked..Awesome!! Thanks heaps! Surely i wasn't the only one with that problem...good stuff!