i8000 Album Art

Guest wick220

Hi All,

I'm having a weird problem. I have over 100 albums loaded into my media player (default samsung player), each album is in it's own directory (\My storage\Documents\Music\). Each album is then in a folder inside \music\. Along with all the songs in each folder I have the Album Art. However, when I loaded all the songs into Media Player I noticed that only about 10% of the album art was recognized. All of the album art files are in the .JPG format, and all of them are at least 200x200 in size.

I've tried deleting all the .bmp files that Media Player creates for the albums, I've tried updating the media files...what the hell is going on? I spent a decent amount of time getting all the album art together just to have Media Player not recognize most of it.

Any idea what's going on? Oh, one last piece of information, I got the majority of the album art from amazon.com (right click->save picture as).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guest ED2O9

How is the album art named? I've found that most media players will see the artwork if it's saved in the correct album folder and it's named "folder.jpg".

Guest wick220

I've named each album art after the name of the album. E.G. Metallica's Black album is named "Black_Album.jpg". I find it weird that even though I have this naming convention, some of it appears and some if it doesn't.

I will rename some of them to 'folder.jpg' and post results.

AWESOME!!! I renamed 4 of the album arts to 'folder.jpg' and it WORKED!!!! Thanks so much for your help!!

Edited by wick220

Guest muchospesos

You can also modify the mp3 tags to include album arts with many programs. (Itunes, Mp3tag...) Then you don't need to keep the .jpg files with your music. I like it that way because then I don't get tons of album art pictures using photoalbum. I have noticed that even 1024x1024 photos are working with O2 touch player

This program is also free: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Hope this helps.

Guest cool_fhatz86
You can also modify the mp3 tags to include album arts with many programs. (Itunes, Mp3tag...) Then you don't need to keep the .jpg files with your music. I like it that way because then I don't get tons of album art pictures using photoalbum. I have noticed that even 1024x1024 photos are working with O2 touch player

This program is also free: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing. This is a useful tool.