installing resco explorer

Guest nokiak

hi, i just bought my i8000 2weeks ago, so i got question about cab file. i download the resco explorer with a rar file,so how can get the cab files from it and how to install in my omnia2, can anyone guide me step by step, thanks alot,because i wan to install the camera mute sound cab but totally no idea how to install the rescoexplorer to my phone

Guest Ceed19

You must extract the rar file. It is a compressed archive file that may contain one or several files inside. You need to download a program to extract the archive. A program such as winrar, 7zip, winzip, etc. many if not all are freely available online. Just do a search for one of them on google. Open the rar with your program and it will show you the files inside. then you can extract them or simply drag them to the desktop. One of the files will be either an exe file or a cab file.

if you have an exe file then you must:

1. go into setteings on your phone, thn general, then usb, make sure its set to active sync and not storage.

2. connect your phone via the usb cable to your pc.

3. run the resco exe

4 run active sync(if it did not already auto start)

if you have a cab file you must:

1. get the cab onto your phone

A: connect via usb and copy the cab file to your phone

or

B: email the cab file to your phone

once the cab is on your phone, navigate to the fil using myfiles or whatever program your phone has to access files

click the cab file and run it

the cab file will install

if you already have a cab file for the mute then you just need to email it or copy it to the phone and then use myfiles (i920) or whatever your built in file explorer is called to navigate to the file and run it