What to do with my Omnia 2?

Guest compnird

Guest compnird

So I placed the pre-order for the HTC Incredible and it shipped today, as soon as it arrives I will no longer need my Omnia 2. I am looking for suggestions on what I should do with the i920? It has been a really great phone and the only real complaint I have is the lack of directional key or navigation device of any kind other than touch screen.

1. Keep it as a media device?

2. Sell it, if so how much?

3. ?

What does my favorite community suggest?

Guest kdkinc
So I placed the pre-order for the HTC Incredible and it shipped today, as soon as it arrives I will no longer need my Omnia 2. I am looking for suggestions on what I should do with the i920? It has been a really great phone and the only real complaint I have is the lack of directional key or navigation device of any kind other than touch screen.

1. Keep it as a media device?

2. Sell it, if so how much?

3. ?

What does my favorite community suggest?

Congrats on the Incredible. :huh:

If you would please give us a report back on the Incredible in about a week. I guess their is a learning curve going from WM to Robot.

What to do with the O2 wait a few weeks then Ebay or MoDaCo has a Ebay type thread.

I think BW has a i910 & Android still, He's pops in on the i910 page once in awhile...

:P :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest compnird
Congrats on the Incredible. :P

If you would please give us a report back on the Incredible in about a week. I guess their is a learning curve going from WM to Robot.

What to do with the O2 wait a few weeks then Ebay or MoDaCo has a Ebay type thread.

I think BW has a i910 & Android still, He's pops in on the i910 page once in awhile...

:D :P

Once I got an Android Version of SWYPE I am a very happy camper. It's about half as thick as the i920 but otherwise has about the same functions. Camera works pretty well but I am so used to having a two stage shutter release, half to focus and full to click. This one uses the front facing main button and you tap the screen where you want to focus... kind of awkward at times. Otherwise the photos turn out pretty decent.

The only lame thing is the battery life. It sucks power like none other! I have to have it plugged in constantly.

I am happy to have some form of a navigation key in the way of an optical trackpad, similar to the Omnia 1. This was a huge oversight in the design of the Omnia2 and was the ultimate factor that drove me into the arms of another phone.

Edited by compnird

Guest amdzero
Once I got an Android Version of SWYPE I am a very happy camper. It's about half as thick as the i920 but otherwise has about the same functions. Camera works pretty well but I am so used to having a two stage shutter release, half to focus and full to click. This one uses the front facing main button and you tap the screen where you want to focus... kind of awkward at times. Otherwise the photos turn out pretty decent.

The only lame thing is the battery life. It sucks power like none other! I have to have it plugged in constantly.

I am happy to have some form of a navigation key in the way of an optical trackpad, similar to the Omnia 1. This was a huge oversight in the design of the Omnia2 and was the ultimate factor that drove me into the arms of another phone.

How much for your old O2?

Guest nmayer79

I agree with you. Still holding on to my omnia 1 but have been going to big v store frequently playing with omnia 2 just trying to get used to it before i (maybe) make the switch. well 2 days ago i see the incredible and D*mn.... that phone is.............. Incredible.

would love to hear your thoughs on it and anything else can think of about the 2.... from you too kdkinc, what you think of the 2. Dont really want to leave WM... not sure what to do... my two years with the omnia was up in dec and still using it, by far the best phone i've ever owned.

where you find swype for android? didnt know they had it... if thats something were not supposed to talk about on here (swype) then i apologize in advance

btw what you want for the omnia 2????

Edited by nmayer79