Which ebbot need to the 159MB RAM?

Guest Rapid81

Guest plguzman

Rapid, I think is JD1 (that's the one I have flashed, 12MB PP, 155Mb RAM). According to twu2's post here:

LINK

The link for the eboot is in the first page of that thread, but a direct link is:

Eboot JD1

Cheers

Guest Rapid81
Rapid, I think is JD1 (that's the one I have flashed, 12MB PP, 155Mb RAM). According to twu2's post here:

LINK

The link for the eboot is in the first page of that thread, but a direct link is:

Eboot JD1

Cheers

Thanks!

I've done it, but this is what the Octans says:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2b3fb404&0&10#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[setup:0] Target Device BOOTLOADER version = 20090206

[Down] EBoot Image.

[Down] PDA Image.

[Down] CSC Image.

[EBoot:0] Download to 0x0

[EBoot:0] Size: 1179648 Bytes

[EBoot:0] Flash programming

[0]Reconnect Success!!

[setup:0] New EBOOT version = 20090206

[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

After the Octans wote the eboot to the flash, it asked for reconnect. I unplugged, replugged the phone and the flashing procedure gone to the end, but the available RAM didn't change. :huh: Why is the Octans wanted the reconnect and why the eboot version didn't change?

Edited by Rapid81

Guest sinancetinkaya
Thanks!

I've done it, but this is what the Octans says:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2b3fb404&0&10#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Down] EBoot Image.

[Down] PDA Image.

[Down] CSC Image.

[EBoot:0] Download to 0x0

[EBoot:0] Size: 1179648 Bytes

[EBoot:0] Flash programming

[0]Reconnect Success!!

[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

After the Octans wote the eboot to the flash, it asked for reconnect. I unplugged, replugged the phone and the flashing procedure gone to the end, but the available RAM didn't change. :huh: Why is the Octans wanted the reconnect and why the eboot version didn't change?

Which os/xip version are you using ?

You can access/have that free ram by only using new native kernel of jd1

Guest Rapid81
Which os/xip version are you using ?

You can access/have that free ram by only using new native kernel of jd1

I'm using 6.5. Xip? I dunno.

How to use that native kernel?

Guest sinancetinkaya
I'm using 6.5. Xip? I dunno.

How to use that native kernel?

Let me ask in another way, Are you using the wm6.5.3 of jd1 ?

Guest Rapid81
Let me ask in another way, Are you using the wm6.5.3 of jd1 ?

No. I said before, I'm using 6.5.

Anyway, I tried again, but the Octans said again:

Why the Eboot not changed? It is write protected? :huh:

BTW. I read this (the 159MB) before, maybe at JB3. Am I remember right?

Edited by Rapid81

Guest sinancetinkaya
No. I said before, I'm using 6.5.

Anyway, I tried again, but the Octans said again:

Why the Eboot not changed? It is write protected? :huh:

BTW. I read this (the 159MB) before, maybe at JB3. Am I remember right?

Look,

If you want to use the free ram of JDx eboot, you need to use OEMXIPKERNEL of JDx XIP. That means you need to do XIP porting. As far as I know, wes58's tool does this job well, take a look at his topic

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest Rapid81
Look,

If you want to use the free ram of JDx eboot, you need to use OEMXIPKERNEL of JDx XIP. That means you need to do XIP porting. As far as I know, wes58's tool does this job well, take a look at his topic

Thanks, but it didn't worked. I ported the XIP of the JD1, but now the OS does not start. It hangs at the Omnia logo. :huh: So, I'm leave it. Stay with 151MB RAM.

Guest sinancetinkaya
Thanks, but it didn't worked. I ported the XIP of the JD1, but now the OS does not start. It hangs at the Omnia logo. :P So, I'm leave it. Stay with 151MB RAM.

try to replace .ROM and .VM folders of SYS with JD1 ones :huh:

Guest jebise

the eboot dose not actually give you any memory its just the changes page pool size forcing the kernal to the lowered pp. I still have my bell stock eboot (to chicken to flash and as the saying goes why fix something that's not broken?) and i have 163MB of usable memory using tw2 JD1 ROM with 4MB pagepool. I get 98MB on boot with with no home screens and 85MB with WAD.

Edited by jebise

Guest Rapid81
the eboot dose not actually give you any memory its just the changes page pool size forcing the kernal to the lowered pp. I still have my bell stock eboot (to chicken to flash and as the saying goes why fix something that's not broken?) and i have 163MB of usable memory using tw2 JD1 ROM with 4MB pagepool. I get 98MB on boot with with no home screens and 85MB with WAD.

I'm using JD4 with 8MB PP, but the available memory still 151,20MB. So, I need to port that XIP somehow. :huh: I will try the .WM and .ROM today night.

Guest ra6o74
I'm using JD4 with 8MB PP, but the available memory still 151,20MB. So, I need to port that XIP somehow. :huh: I will try the .WM and .ROM today night.

Hi Rapid!

You should ask GarryCrusher about extra MB RAM.

Guest WebReaper21

Well, if you flash all 4 parts of the JD1 ROM (.mst,phone,eb0,csc) you should get the 159 MB RAM, at least this worked for me. Afterwards I just flashed the .nb0 file of my favourite PDA version together with the appropriate csc file and checked "skip OS updating by MOVINAND" in Octans.

Works like a charm with the increased RAM :huh:

Edited by WebReaper21

Guest jebise

The reason why you are having a issue is because the ROM you are using. You are not using JDx so the available memory will be different. What i suggest you try is change the pp of your ROM to 8MB by using either tw2 or gary pagepool editor.

P.S why not just use a JDx ROM they are so much better.

Guest Rapid81
P.S why not just use a JDx ROM they are so much better.

Better?? I never saw so many bugs like in the 6.5.X roms. That OS is a real cr@p. And that ugly big buttons. So useless. That's why I'm not using 6.5.3 ROM. BTW, I'm using JDx ROM. I'm using JD4 with 6.5 inside. :huh:

Guest skoda60
Better?? I never saw so many bugs like in the 6.5.X roms. That OS is a real cr@p. And that ugly big buttons. So useless. That's why I'm not using 6.5.3 ROM. BTW, I'm using JDx ROM. I'm using JD4 with 6.5 inside. :P

During flashing of JD6 ROM, I tried with JD1, JD3 and JD6 eBoot but still can't get the extra 5mb of program memory. Any one can advice me on which eBoot can get this extra 5mb. Thank!

Guest wes58
During flashing of JD6 ROM, I tried with JD1, JD3 and JD6 eBoot but still can't get the extra 5mb of program memory. Any one can advice me on which eBoot can get this extra 5mb. Thank!

It's not the eboot you need. If you are into 'rom cooking', you need to build the rom using xip.bin from JD3 (it worked for me!), otherwise you stuck with what is in JD6 (or JD4).