Video Auto Focus

Guest Solar257

Guest Solar257

I just got an Omnia II and tried making a video using the camera app for the first time. In the process of using the app I noticed that the video portion of the app has no auto focus function. I tried first at 720 and then tried all resolutions down to 176. None of the resolutions focused on their own. Has that always been the case? If so, of what use is making video recordings if everything is blurry. Also why was it removed when the Omnia I was able to focus before recording videos? Or is this an simply issue with the most recent VZW firmware upgrade (DC23)? I just tried hard resetting my phone to see if something I changed caused the issue and unfortunately the problem still remains even after resetting and reinstalling my apps.

The camera works fine.

Guest amdzero
I just got an Omnia II and tried making a video using the camera app for the first time. In the process of using the app I noticed that the video portion of the app has no auto focus function. I tried first at 720 and then tried all resolutions down to 176. None of the resolutions focused on their own. Has that always been the case? If so, of what use is making video recordings if everything is blurry. Also why was it removed when the Omnia I was able to focus before recording videos? Or is this an simply issue with the most recent VZW firmware upgrade (DC23)? I just tried hard resetting my phone to see if something I changed caused the issue and unfortunately the problem still remains even after resetting and reinstalling my apps.

The camera works fine.

I guess I never noticed this but I don't think the video focuses at all. It goes to infinity always. When I should video it's usually outside or far off.

• 1 month later...
Guest dalid2

Hi, I have the same problem. More over my camera does not focus too. I heve tried all possible settings.. Only in macro mode are pictures acceptable.

I have version PDA I8000NXXIJC, CSC - I8000XCSIJC, Phone - I8000XXIJ3. Do you think it could be a problem of this ROM???

Guest amdzero
Hi, I have the same problem. More over my camera does not focus too. I heve tried all possible settings.. Only in macro mode are pictures acceptable.

I have version PDA I8000NXXIJC, CSC - I8000XCSIJC, Phone - I8000XXIJ3. Do you think it could be a problem of this ROM???

Well those are GSM O2 ROMs, this is the CDMA O2 (Verizon Wireless) ROM section.

I would not be able to test that theory. if you press half way in picture mode it will focus, but I don't think it has video "auto" focus.

Guest kdkinc
Well those are GSM O2 ROMs, this is the CDMA O2 (Verizon Wireless) ROM section.

I would not be able to test that theory. if you press half way in picture mode it will focus, but I don't think it has video "auto" focus.

i agree... I think someone asked the same question a few months ago and the short answer is "no"

Only the camera photo portion has auto focus the video only has manual adjustment. :(

:( :o