24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nieldk
I cant root my HTC Legend...

- I made goldcard with command ''adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid' instead of 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' because it could find dirtectory on HTC Legend.

- I turn off and on with 'back' button.

- Run step1-window.bat.

- And wait few hours :P about 3-4 hours.

- After that i received the message :

- And i turn on my Legend , its wi-fi is not working .... sad

Anyone could give me a suggest for my issue? Thanks alot.

A few suggestions:

1. Are you using the original USB cable, this has been the cause in some situations with fastboot for Windows.

2. Are you using direct USB port on the computer, and NOT some USB hub?

3. Try another USB port on the computer (without a USB hub still).

Guest huangxuling

hi, Paul.

When i rooting in step 1, it showed:

INFOchecking custom ID...

FAILED <remote: 42 custom id check fail>

and then i cannot go through......

Can you tell me why? Thanks!!!

Edited by huangxuling

Guest chinana

hey all, how can i select to input chinese word.

b4 root i can input but after root only english ...

pls help...

Guest poba

Thanks for your reply.

1. I'm using original USB cable. It's part of charge too.

2. Yes i connect direct to my USB port on my laptop.

3. The usb port im using , it's working good. I use it for copy data from pc - legend too.

Any opinions form any else? Paul. Could you help me?

Some info:

HBoot: 0.43.00001

RUU: 1.31.707.2

A few suggestions:

1. Are you using the original USB cable, this has been the cause in some situations with fastboot for Windows.

2. Are you using direct USB port on the computer, and NOT some USB hub?

3. Try another USB port on the computer (without a USB hub still).

Edited by poba

Guest bBarou
Thanks for your reply.

1. I'm using original USB cable. It's part of charge too.

2. Yes i connect direct to my USB port on my laptop.

3. The usb port im using , it's working good. I use it for copy data from pc - legend too.

Any opinions form any else? Paul. Could you help me?

Some info:

HBoot: 0.43.00001

RUU: 1.31.707.2

You should read previous posts.

We we're at least two with the same problem. We used Linux and it works. Download a Ubuntu iso, stick it in a VM and there you go.

Guest bBarou
I have new download locations online for the root files... feedback appreciated! :P

P

Hi Paul,

You said you don't have the 1.32 rom so obviously you can cannot work on it, is there a way I can dump it from my phone?

I don't wanna be breathing down your neck, but I (and lots of others) "can't" wait for removing the damn SFR rom from my phone.

By the way it's seems it's only us french SFR users who have this version, or are they any others?

thanks.

Guest Tim80
hey all, how can i select to input chinese word.

b4 root i can input but after root only english ...

pls help...

Ya I having the same priblem. Can someone's help pls

Guest Hoopstroops

Hi anyone stuck at Goldcard stage? I have followed the guide with multiple cards including a Kingston 2gb to no avail, I always get the 'not found' reply after $ 'cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' no quotes! I have tried both mmc1 and mmc0 lines and debugging is selected and I do pick up the adb device yet still no joy! Can someone tell me at what stage in the process you become aware if the sd card is not suited for goldcard creation? Also just so i'm sure at the pop up screen on the handset when usb connects which of the 4 options if any need to be selected? I also tried Terminal Emulator this also results in a 'not found' reply!

Guest nieldk
Hi anyone stuck at Goldcard stage? I have followed the guide with multiple cards including a Kingston 2gb to no avail, I always get the 'not found' reply after $ 'cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' no quotes! I have tried both mmc1 and mmc0 lines and debugging is selected and I do pick up the adb device yet still no joy! Can someone tell me at what stage in the process you become aware if the sd card is not suited for goldcard creation? Also just so i'm sure at the pop up screen on the handset when usb connects which of the 4 options if any need to be selected? I also tried Terminal Emulator this also results in a 'not found' reply!

I noticed you didnt provide a space after the cat command, you enter this to get the CID on the Legend:

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid

Guest Hoopstroops
I noticed you didnt provide a space after the cat command, you enter this to get the CID on the Legend:

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid

Yes you are quite right! I have spent 2 days messing with this and now I am now in a state of panic as I have now got stuck on black screen with red triangle! Device appears to have diconnected from pc at stage 2 and I'm not sure how I should progress the power button is inactive and I am not sure if it is safe to remove battery at this stage!

Please help !

Guest Slagert

I made a goldcard for my Legend last week so i could unbrand it. Can I use this coldgard also in this procedure or do I'll have to make another one?

Guest Nimmo
I made a goldcard for my Legend last week so i could unbrand it. Can I use this coldgard also in this procedure or do I'll have to make another one?

From what I understand, once the phone is rooted you don't need to worry about using a goldcard, but either way, once you have made the goldcard for your phone, it doesn't matter what you want to install with it, it's good to go.

Guest Hoopstroops
Yes you are quite right! I have spent 2 days messing with this and now I am now in a state of panic as I have now got stuck on black screen with red triangle! Device appears to have diconnected from pc at stage 2 and I'm not sure how I should progress the power button is inactive and I am not sure if it is safe to remove battery at this stage!

Please help !

I have managed to reboot to previous state after pushing up and the power button! Now what should I do to succeed with step '2' It appears as if a driver is missing thus connection with phone is lost in recovery mode is this a typical situation? I am afraid to wipe the phone at this point! so have reverted back with reboot option!

HELP!

Guest Hoopstroops
I have managed to reboot to previous state after pushing up and the power button! Now what should I do to succeed with step '2' It appears as if a driver is missing thus connection with phone is lost in recovery mode is this a typical situation? I am afraid to wipe the phone at this point! so have reverted back with reboot option!

HELP!

Here is a copy !

Legend Root Step 2

Pushing required files to device...

* server not running *

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

Pushing update file to device sdcard - this may take a few minutes...

Now wipe and apply rootedupdate.zip from the recovery image menu.

Guest Hoopstroops
Check Device Manager to ensure you have your device installed. Are you on Windows or another OS?

P

Windows! Before I begin process Android usb device-My HTC shows up in device manager! though i expect that since no prob's at step1! Will try again with another goldcard!

Guest Hoopstroops
Windows! Before I begin process Android usb device-My HTC shows up in device manager! though i expect that since no prob's at step1! Will try again with another goldcard!

HELP!

Can someone please tell me which of the wipe options to choose?

Edited by Hoopstroops

Guest Liquid211

Can anyone tell me what to do now?

About to start flash...

< waiting for device >

sending 'zip' (121756 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'...

Tried rebooting phone and windows. Always stuck at writing zip.

Any suggestions?

I'm using win7 32bit.

Best Regards Liquid211

EDIT

Found that the .bat for windows contained the same line two times. The line is fastboot-windows.exe flash zip testimage.zip when I deleted the second line it worked.

Edited by Liquid211

Guest zoanthropy

Please help!!

After i rooted my phone, my phone become no service.

I try with both O2 and 3 sims already. Could you help me solve this issue.

Thank you very much

Guest jakontil
Check Device Manager to ensure you have your device installed. Are you on Windows or another OS?

P

hi paul

i got the same problem and im on mac OS, has been the last couple of days, and it seems the adb no longer working, as if the driver in the device is missing... any suggestion?

Guest Liquid211

Anyone got wifi tethering working? I get 4 errors when starting it. I'm running with the r1 legend custom rom from modaco. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Regards Liquid211