24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pirre
nope. when i type that command, it says the same:

error: device not found.

and still no recovery menu.

edit -

when i get into the recovery mode, with the black screen and the "!" and press volume up and poer button together i get the following menu:

android system recovery <2e>

use volume key to highlight

click power key to select.

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

anyone?

I have the same your problem and report the same warning messages!

Anyway I think that even you received the message "FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)" during step1.

Perhaps it can depend on that problem..... :P

Guest Pentium10

Anyone for my issue?>

I am stucked at

sending 'zip' <121756 KB>... OKAY

writing 'zip' ...

(I left for 30 minutes, HTC logo on phone screen, win7 32bit, I even don't see that bunch of text between sending 'zip' and writing 'zip' as seen in previous posts)

I already tried the method described here but doesn't worked out http://android.modaco.com/content-page/307...0/#entry1263749 also tried restarting laptop

What shall I do?

Guest nayo_dahl

Same problem as @Pirre and @tursday, but I must add my Legend is 1.32.x (SFR).

Maybe you should wait until it's officially supported if you are on 1.32 too.

Guest tursday
Same problem as @Pirre and @tursday, but I must add my Legend is 1.32.x (SFR).

Maybe you should wait until it's officially supported if you are on 1.32 too.

I'm not on 1.32.

Guest Slagert
I have the same your problem and report the same warning messages!

Anyway I think that even you received the message "FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)" during step1.

Perhaps it can depend on that problem..... :P

No, I think everyone is getting that message, at least I did but could install all Roms. Maybe your sd-cards aren't correct formatted?

I'm on Vista Home Premium +64.

Edited by Slagert

Guest pirre
No, I think everyone is getting that message, at least I did but could install all Roms. Maybe your sd-cards aren't correct formatted?

I'm on Vista Home Premium +64.

I did both MacOsx than windows7. Wich sd card you mean? The GoldCard or the second one? The GC is a fat32 and the second one is the sd card present in stock with the Legend with all the datas on.

Guest starsonic777
I am stucked at

sending 'zip' <121756 KB>... OKAY

writing 'zip' ...

(I left for 30 minutes, HTC logo on phone screen, win7 32bit, I even don't see that bunch of text between sending 'zip' and writing 'zip' as seen in previous posts)

I already tried the method described here but doesn't worked out http://android.modaco.com/content-page/307...0/#entry1263749 also tried restarting laptop

What shall I do?

you should check if VM installed in your pc . After unintalled it and restart your pc ,you 'll sucess continuing rooting.

Guest tursday
hi guys,

I mad a goldcard and begun the whole procedure, step1 goes well, but when i replace the sd back to the non goldcard sd and go into recovery mode, all i get is a black screen with a "!" in a triangle. no options to choose, no nothing.

when i tyry running the step two file i get the following message (same as benny) :

C:\r3-legend-root>step2-windows.bat

Legend Root Step 2

Pushing required files to device...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

Pushing update file to device sdcard - this may take a few minutes...

I redone my goldcard. and it works. any idea how to whats the problem?

Now wipe and apply rootedupdate.zip from the recovery image menu.

I've already tried remaking my goldcard, it went well, and the goldcard works, but i still get the same message on step 2.

any help?

Come on guys, many of you have ecoutered this problem,

I've seen it on the previous pages as well as on this one.

Someone must have solved it.

Paul?

Guest pirre
Come on guys, many of you have ecoutered this problem,

I've seen it on the previous pages as well as on this one.

Someone must have solved it.

Paul?

QUOTE!!!! :)

Guest pirre
Nvm guys, re-did the whole thing and everything went smoothly. Thanks for this Paul!
I'll repeated at least five times ... it is enough?

Guest deadj

I have a big problem :)

I create the gold Card, OK!

On Step 1, i had this error : sending 'zip' (121756 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

I reboot my legend and since i block on this screen :

pict0029-Ce4.t.jpg

And if i plug the usb and unplug :

pict0030-Ee4.t.jpg

LEGEND UNKNOW SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-0-43.0001

MICROP-0016

TOUCH PANEL-SYN07_0103

RADIO-7.05.35.26L

Feb 18 2010, 16:29:10

There is a solution or it's dead ? ;)

Guest ilos
when i get into the recovery mode, with the black screen and the "!" and press volume up and poer button together i get the following menu:

when you are on the black screen just start step2 don't do anything more....the black screen with the "i" IS THE RECOVERY MODE ! step2 ( push all needed files for the root process ) will provide a alternatif recovery menu with more options and this menu is green . The original recovery menu ( VOL UP + POWER ) provide only 3 options and this menu is blue....

@deadj : do the root process again

here what i do each time i root my legend :

in english ( sorry i'm french so my english is not perfect... :))

- phone off

- VOL DOWN + POWER

- by default FASTBOOT is selected, just push POWER button to confirme selection and you will see FASTBOOT in red

- start step1-windows.bat ( in my case i get failed 42 version blablabla... but i don't care about it. coz it's not the first time i root it. )

- Step1 finished, phone back on initial menu ( FASTBOOT , RECOVERY , CLEAR STORAGE etc.... ) and select RECOVERY with VOL button and push POWER to confirme selection

- get a black screen with a phone and "!" red symbol

- start step2-windows.bat ( i see all pushing files process in msdos window )

- new recovery menu appear ( green menu )

- i select wipe with trackball

- i use all wipe menu to clear anything and get a proper installation

- i go back to previous menu with VOL UP button

- i select flash from SDCARD

- i choose rootupdate.zip

root in progress.......

Done.

- i select reboot ( first choice in the menu )with trackball

Legend Rooted

in French :

- Téléphone éteint

- Maintenir VOLUME BAS + LE BOUTON POWER

- Le menu bootloader apparait et par défaut FASTBOOT est sélectionné, validez le choix avec le bouton POWER, vous verrez alors FASTBOOT en ROUGE

- lancez step1-windows.bat ( vu que j'ai déjà fait plusieurs fois le process j'ai une erreur concernant la version 42 blablabla je m'en occupe pas... )

- Step1 finit, dans mon cas je retourne sur le menu de départ du bootloader, sélectionnez RECOVERY avec la touche volume puis valider la sélection avec le bouton POWER

- on arrive sur l'écran noir avec le téléphone et le symbole "!" rouge

- Lancez step2-windows.bat ( tout les fichiers nécessaire au root sont envoyés sur la SD )

- un nouveau menu de recovery apparait ( en vert )

- utilisez le trackball pour sélectionner le menu wipe , validez en appuyant sur le trackball ( si vous ne voulez pas wipe passez cette étape mais c'est conseillé pour un rooting propre )

- si vous ne voulez pas wipe , sélectionnez FLASH from SDCARD toujours avec le trackball et validez en appuyant sur le trackball

- choisissez rootupdate.zip et validez en appuyant sur le trackball, validez encore aux messages vous demandant de confirmer en bas de l'écran

- root en cours

Done.

- Vous pouvez reboot le tel en choisissant la première ligne avec le trackball

Legend Rooted

Initialement j'utilisais une GOLDCARD pour le premier root sans la retirer a aucun moment, mais mon legend étant déjà root, ma SD card est celle que j'utilise d'habitude avec tout mes fichiers dessus et ça n'a aucune incidence.

Tested under Win7 32Bits

Tester sous Win7 32Bits

Edited by ilos

Guest deadj

Why i can do the root process if i can't access to the menu for fastboot ?

@ Ilos : I can't access to the menu with Back Bouton + Power (not "Vol down + Power" for me o_O) since the error... you have see my picture ?

sorry for my bad english :)

Edited by deadj

Guest ilos

to access FASTBOOT menu, just put off your phone and use VOL DOWN + POWER, by default cursor will be on word FASTBOOT , just select it with POWER BUTTON after that start step1

Pour etre en fastboot, éteindre le téléphone, utiliser la touche volume bas + le bouton power, par défaut le curseur sera sur fastboot, il suffit de valider avec le bouton power, le téléphone indique alors FASTBOOT en rouge a partir de la démarrer par le step1

Guest ilos

just explain step by step what you do, coz all what i do is in #1 post

Explique moi exactement ce que tu fais, étape par étape, car ce que je fais à chaque root est indiqué dans le post #1

in english and french pls...

Edited by ilos

Guest deadj

My legend block on this screen :

pict0029-Ce4.t.jpg

And i can't access to the FASTBOOT menu with power on + back button or volume down.

En faite j'ai déja eu accès a ce menu, j'ai suivie le tutorial :

- phone off

- VOL DOWN + POWER

- by default FASTBOOT is selected, just push POWER button to confirme selection and you will see FASTBOOT in red

- start step1-windows.bat

Mais j'ai eu une erreur : sending 'zip' (121756 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

Depuis mon Legend est bloqué comme sur l'image et je ne peu plus accéder au menu Fastboot. Donc je me demande vraiment comment je vais pouvoir récupérer la situation :|

Edited by deadj

Guest ilos

tu éteins ton téléphone avant de faire la manip d'accès au bootloader ? cette manip doit être faite téléphone éteint.

Phone is off when you try to access bootloader menu ? phone must be off before use VOL DOWN + POWER to access bootloader menu

Edited by ilos

Guest deadj

Yes

Oui je fais bien la manipulation éteins, comme je l'ai dit, j'ai déjà réussi a le faire donc je me trompe pas. J'ai l'impression que les mise a jour RRU ont encore accès au téléphone, le problème c'est que la mise a jour voit mon Legend en 1.31 et il me dit qu'il y a une erreur de version avec le bootloader. Maintenant il faut que je recharge mon Legend avant de refaire d'autres tests.

en tout cas merci pour ton aide Ilos / Thank for your Help Ilos, je vais surement encore avoir besoin de ton aide pour me sortir de la :)

Guest KelevraLegend

It's possible to create a GoldCard with linux? There is some link with the Instructions? In particular i have some difficult at the step to use HxD Hex don't there is a link to download it for Linux or the instructions to use an alternative program as GHex.