Samsung lost my phone!

Guest colinmillar

Guest colinmillar

Hi,

I went to post this in the "Dust behind screen" topic only to see it closed thanks to certain individuals who don't understand the spirit of these forums. We have people from all corners of the globe here, with varying degrees of experience and abilities and unfortunately some people can't understand this.

Anyway, what I was going to post was that after sending my phone back to Samsung for repair, I waited patiently for it's return. After 2 weeks I had heard nothing so I called Samsung, only to be given a right runaround, calling different phone numbers and departments all day. Finally, I got through to a nice lady who made lots of enquiries and in fact actually admitted that they can't find my phone! Fortunately, I had posted the phone back by recorded delivery which has the advantage of online tracking and it shows the signature upon delivery, and so I was able to prove that they had in fact received the phone.

Finding my phone might be a problem as this company is so massive, it will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I just hope that they decide quickly that it is gone for good and either replace or refund so that I can get another one!

Beware if you are in the UK and you have a fault with your phone. Send it by recorded delivery and not by the freepost option that Samsung give you because that option is not insured and nor will it prove that they actually did receive the phone if they lose it.

Regards.

Guest kenpachi_zaraki

I did not know the dust issue was a biggi, I also sent my phone back about a month ago for the same problem only i thought it was a fault of my own (as you do) Anyway i got it back a week later which was nice n quick i thought. I live in the UK and got the phone on day of release with all the nice apps (swype, samsung app store ect) but the phone i got back had its natural language set to belgium and i have no swype nor samsung apps store or a few other things, i tried a factory reset but it reverted to belgium again and still with no default apps.. Most dissapointing and to top it off i had to send it back for the dust issue again and got the same one back and to top it off its collecting dust again but im gonna let this one byde.

I just want a british rom with all the original apps but i dont know how best to go about doing that.

I really love Samsung and it is a most excellent phone and i cant wait to see what it can do with the new 9000 series TV's

Guest colinmillar
I did not know the dust issue was a biggi, I also sent my phone back about a month ago for the same problem only i thought it was a fault of my own (as you do) Anyway i got it back a week later which was nice n quick i thought. I live in the UK and got the phone on day of release with all the nice apps (swype, samsung app store ect) but the phone i got back had its natural language set to belgium and i have no swype nor samsung apps store or a few other things, i tried a factory reset but it reverted to belgium again and still with no default apps.. Most dissapointing and to top it off i had to send it back for the dust issue again and got the same one back and to top it off its collecting dust again but im gonna let this one byde.

I just want a british rom with all the original apps but i dont know how best to go about doing that.

I really love Samsung and it is a most excellent phone and i cant wait to see what it can do with the new 9000 series TV's

How strange, are you sure it was actually your phone you got back? The dust issue seems to be growing the more people have an Omnia II and the longer they have it the worse this situation is going to get I am sure. Regarding the rom, you should be fine installing any of the custom english rom's on this site. Just follow the instructions and all should be well.

Regards all.