Octan error, can't flash rom. Please help.

Guest x2h

Hi I was trying to flash a new rom to get rid of the time bomb. My last flash was successful, so today I didn't do anything differently.

After I choose the .nb0 file in Octan 2.14 and click detect, and connect the I8000, the computer installed the driver, but didn't go further. I then clicked the log of "Device 0", and there's an error message in the log:

[Error:0] USB no ack. Check ActiveSync. TimeOut:-1

What does this mean? My activesync is working since I just synced the device before hardresetting it minutes ago. How can I fix it? Thanks for helping!

Edit: here's the text in the bottom window of Octan:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2843332d&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

The exact problem is, the "Start download" button is greyed out, I can't click it.

Thanks for helping!

Eidt: the ROM is gc_jd3_23563_lite.nb0

Edited by x2h

Guest andel90
Hi I was trying to flash a new rom to get rid of the time bomb. My last flash was successful, so today I didn't do anything differently.

After I choose the .nb0 file in Octan 2.14 and click detect, and connect the I8000, the computer installed the driver, but didn't go further. I then clicked the log of "Device 0", and there's an error message in the log:

What does this mean? My activesync is working since I just synced the device before hardresetting it minutes ago. How can I fix it? Thanks for helping!

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2843332d&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

The exact problem is, the "Start download" button is greyed out, I can't click it.

Thanks for helping!

If your using windows 7 then make sure u are running octan as administrator and make sure u have the coorect drives for the i8000 installed and also run the program under win xp.

ur right. I installed the driver again and this time it works, or so I think. the screen of my device says it's in download mode and is doing something at the moment...fingers crossed....

If your using windows 7 then make sure u are running octan as administrator and make sure u have the coorect drives for the i8000 installed and also run the program under win xp.

update: takes about 3 minutes to download then the device restarted, after about 2 minutes it asked me to tap the screen to start, which I did. then it becomes white screen for about 3 minutes now, nothing further is happening. is this normal? what can I do? Thanks!

Guest quique75

Hi !!! I ve been having the same issue for months, untill I realize, I wasn`t updating the driver properly, and It works fine. Flash the phone correctly and happy. :huh:

[setup] Windows XP

Thanks for helping!