Windows Mobile expired, cant use phone

Guest buffpatel

Hey guys, I'm an idiot. I've been busy at work and so never got around to removing the timebomb from most recent Windows Mobile version. Now that it's May 1st, my phone has a screen that just says this beta version of software is done and I cannot use phone. I can't even connect to my computer to flash to another ROM. Any ideas on what I can do to get my phone useable again?

I tried hard reset with no luck. A quick google search showed me that others who have had this problem with other phones in the past simply went into some bootloader mode to then upload another ROM. Is this possible with the i920?

Thanks in advance!

Guest thrawn72
I can't even connect to my computer to flash to another ROM.

Thanks in advance!

First, have you tried connecting your phone with usb cable when it is off? It should connect and charge. If it dose then you should be able to flash to a new ROM using Octans.

Guest buffpatel
First, have you tried connecting your phone with usb cable when it is off? It should connect and charge. If it dose then you should be able to flash to a new ROM using Octans.

Dude, thanks man! I flashed a new ROM and so far it appears to be working again!

Guest Harleyrk99
Dude, thanks man! I flashed a new ROM and so far it appears to be working again!

I also did the same thing, I unfortunately am unable to flash the ROM. I am using OCTANS, but it will not detect my device....

Guest amdzero
I also did the same thing, I unfortunately am unable to flash the ROM. I am using OCTANS, but it will not detect my device....

using what version of windows?

Guest Harleyrk99

I am using WIN 7, I flashed my ROM a while back and really liked it, but when I tried to update while on vacation in Asia, I ignored the expires on 5/1 message. I am using the files and following the directions from Madco, but not working.

Guest amdzero
I am using WIN 7, I flashed my ROM a while back and really liked it, but when I tried to update while on vacation in Asia, I ignored the expires on 5/1 message. I am using the files and following the directions from Madco, but not working.

The expiration has nothing to do with the bootloader. The bootloader is run before windows mobile, and you can see this if you turn off your phone and plug it into a power source. The battery icon will be displayed indicating that the bootloader is running, and the CSC is correct.

When you plug your phone in open up your "Devices and Printers" from the start menu and check the icon. If it has an exclamation icon on it then your drivers are bad. You may need to try a new USB port or try reseting your phone/reinstalling the drivers.

Guest Harleyrk99
The expiration has nothing to do with the bootloader. The bootloader is run before windows mobile, and you can see this if you turn off your phone and plug it into a power source. The battery icon will be displayed indicating that the bootloader is running, and the CSC is correct.

When you plug your phone in open up your "Devices and Printers" from the start menu and check the icon. If it has an exclamation icon on it then your drivers are bad. You may need to try a new USB port or try reseting your phone/reinstalling the drivers.

I open the "Devices and Printers" when I first plug in the phone via usb it shows it in there with no exclamation icons, but it only stays on for a few seconds, then it disappears.

Guest kdkinc
I open the "Devices and Printers" when I first plug in the phone via usb it shows it in there with no exclamation icons, but it only stays on for a few seconds, then it disappears.

as SOON as it appears RIGHT click it then go to driver details .

:huh: :P

Guest Harleyrk99
as SOON as it appears RIGHT click it then go to driver details .

:huh: :P

You my friend are a GENIUS! I updated the bad driver then switched USB ports and it worked like a charm.... Thank you so much over here!!!!!