Phone book not displaying some contacts

Guest thebass

I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue when you hit dial button and search for a contact with the keypad sometimes the contact does not show up. If you click on the phone book then the magnifying glass to search it finds the contact no problem. Is this because of the size of my contacts or any way I can rebuild my contacts?

Guest hkwildboy
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue when you hit dial button and search for a contact with the keypad sometimes the contact does not show up. If you click on the phone book then the magnifying glass to search it finds the contact no problem. Is this because of the size of my contacts or any way I can rebuild my contacts?

i had that problem once, it was when i just dropped the pim.vol file one phone to another.

When i sync to Outlook, then doesnt have such problem. Dont know if the pim.vol was corrupted or not compatible.

Anyways, did you try to sync with outlook?

Edited by hkwildboy

Guest thebass
i had that problem once, it was when i just dropped the pim.vol file one phone to another.

When i sync to Outlook, then doesnt have such problem. Dont know if the pim.vol was corrupted or not compatible.

Anyways, did you try to sync with outlook?

I sync with outlook everyday. How do we rebuild the pim.vol file? I think your on to something dude

Guest hkwildboy
I sync with outlook everyday. How do we rebuild the pim.vol file? I think your on to something dude

what i did was rename the pim.vol to pim.vol.bak

after reboot, it will create a new pim.vol, which is of coures fresh, i.e no contacts on your pda.

Then delete the partnerhsip from active sync,

when you plug in usb, it will ask you if yo u want to establish a new partnership

say yes, and then you will be asked to sync contact , choose replacing pda contacts with contacts in your outlook.