nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest jmsmartins
Wich is the program ram available after rebooting?

i think it's the one u see in the screenshot in post #1

Guest Basil Daniel

well i followed the advice given ...

I removed all windows mobile device center softwares etc...

I reinstalled them but i still cannot sinc with my phone... It starts up and then it freezes my phone up...

Any other suggestions

Ps. I flashed my phone with eboot JD6 csc JD9 as suggested and phone JD1...

hasve i done something wrong?

regards Basil

Guest willis111
Wich is the program ram available after rebooting?

i think it's the one u see in the screenshot in post #1

Probably this one?

post-669058-1272841238_thumb.png

Edited by willis111

Guest manost

Thanks for this perfect rom.

I encounter this problem: Under Settings tab -> Data Services, i can't set my facebook account.

It always keep saying: 'There was a connection error while attempting to login'. The same time i can open any web site i want with any web browsers and get my location updated. By this i want to say that there is no internet problem.

Any tip?

Guest willis111
Thanks for this perfect rom.

I encounter this problem: Under Settings tab -> Data Services, i can't set my facebook account.

It always keep saying: 'There was a connection error while attempting to login'. The same time i can open any web site i want with any web browsers and get my location updated. By this i want to say that there is no internet problem.

Any tip?

I didn't try the facebook until you said you were having trouble. I went to the "facebook" tab (the one between twitter and settings tabs), entered my info and it downloaded my updates. Now when I go to the data services/facebook it's already got my account there. I'm too lazy to hard reset and try the method you described above to see if my data connection will fail but maybe you can try my method and see if your data connection will work. You might also want to check start menu -> settings -> connections -> connections -> advanced -> select networks and make sure that you have the correct networks selected where it says "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:". Only things I can think but it's working here.

Guest DarkShot

Looking forward to trying this rom out mate, and great job!

A general question, does anyone know if someone has extracted the HTC Sense SMS portion? I much prefer it and the HTC keyboard than the Samsung's, unless of course it IS still intact.

Guest skimexica

do you flash this rom like normal omnia 2 flashing

this is my first flash

seems to be different ways to flash

if anybody can provide a link to the instructions or steps

mucho appreciato comrades

from the comments this is a must have rom for the OM2

who needs snapdragon when good people are doing this work

cheers all

yeap i am a lame newbie

have flashed a jet but this is way different

Guest willis111
do you flash this rom like normal omnia 2 flashing

this is my first flash

seems to be different ways to flash

if anybody can provide a link to the instructions or steps

mucho appreciato comrades

from the comments this is a must have rom for the OM2

who needs snapdragon when good people are doing this work

cheers all

yeap i am a lame newbie

have flashed a jet but this is way different

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

I think that's what you were asking for.

A general question, does anyone know if someone has extracted the HTC Sense SMS portion? I much prefer it and the HTC keyboard than the Samsung's, unless of course it IS still intact.

It's there, the only way I can find to open it is to click directly on the message in the sense message tab. I imagine a few regedits or messing around with co0kies would change that though if you wanted to.

Edited by willis111

Guest Basil Daniel

I flashed a normal mst file (Original full rom)

then i reflashed the suggested...

again i get the phone freezing up on me...

gees I like this rom I hope i can overcome this problem....

Basil

Guest manost
I didn't try the facebook until you said you were having trouble. I went to the "facebook" tab (the one between twitter and settings tabs), entered my info and it downloaded my updates. Now when I go to the data services/facebook it's already got my account there. I'm too lazy to hard reset and try the method you described above to see if my data connection will fail but maybe you can try my method and see if your data connection will work. You might also want to check start menu -> settings -> connections -> connections -> advanced -> select networks and make sure that you have the correct networks selected where it says "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:". Only things I can think but it's working here.

Thanks but no luck here.

I connect to the internet through my wifi router. So i don't have to check start menu -> settings... etc, as you suggested. I'm not allowed to enter my info and download my updates to the "facebook" tab (the one between twitter and settings tabs)!!

Too bad. This rom is the fastest out there.

Guest willis111
Thanks but no luck here.

I connect to the internet through my wifi router.

Ahh, then it's "start menu -> settings -> connections -> wifi -> Network Adapters -> and check the value "My Network Card Connects to:" to make sure it's correct(Set to "The Internet"). It works no problem here but then I'm using my providers data connection

Guest dani_carrabba

hi rapid,

i want to install the separate sense 2.5 later and i have some questions

1. is it supporting landscape?? my previous install when goes to landscape sense crash and restarting.

2. is the sms tab can replying sms??

many thanks rapid

Guest NewForce

nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Last updated: 02/05/2010 (from NXXJD6 WM6.5)

Finally, we did it! Our Sense 2.5 is finished! 2 months hard work and we created the fastest Sense 2.5 ROM in the "market". Everything is working and everything is smooth. :huh: This ROM is great for the everyday usage.

This ROM is english.

Thank you very much Rapid81.

Below some of my finding,

1. After flashing your new Sense 2.5 rom, the phone freezed at Screen Align. Found the trouble was due to your rom unable to make ActiveSync connection.

So I suggest all to remove the USB cable, right after the phone completed this rom flashing and you saw the Samsung OmniaII start screen.

2. I've flashed your new rom XEUJD9 but having trouble with GPRS/3.5G access as it did not prompt me the "Data Connection" settings message at the initial boot-up screen, thus I could not connected to GPRS/3.5G as no network connection profile configured. Of course the network operator settings could be manually set-up or via sending sms to operator for netwotk profile auto download to phone.

3. I've then flashed with just XSOJA2 csc file (from Singapore official JA5 rom), it now prompt me the "Data Connection" settings message at the initial boot-up screen, and asked if I want ot automatic detect my network operator and ask "A new SIM card has been detected. Do you want to automaticslly configure network settings for Singtel SIN" SIM?". It now enable me access to GPRS/3.5G network right after clicking "Yes".

4. Chinese font display and input was ok with both XEUJD9 and XSoJA2 csc files flashed.

Edited by NewForce

Guest sioppao
Read the first post carefully. Ah, what the hell. I'm copy it here to you:

actually did that. i'll just reflash. thanks!!

Guest Faisal Rz
actually did that. i'll just reflash. thanks!!

ok

started downloading, hope for the best

you're so great rafid

Guest skimexica

advice on how to flash - tacchan23

thanks i have that info already just needed to check

going to use the octans mini to play it safe

cook n flash u all

cheers

Edited by skimexica

Guest Rapid81
Thank you very much Rapid81.

Below some of my finding,

1. After flashing your new Sense 2.5 rom, the phone freezed at Screen Align. Found the trouble was due to your rom unable to make ActiveSync connection.

So I suggest all to remove the USB cable, right after the phone completed this rom flashing and you saw the Samsung OmniaII start screen.

2. I've flashed your new rom XEUJD9 but having trouble with GPRS/3.5G access as it did not prompt me the "Data Connection" settings message at the initial boot-up screen, thus I could not connected to GPRS/3.5G as no network connection profile configured. Of course the network operator settings could be manually set-up or via sending sms to operator for netwotk profile auto download to phone.

1. Please no make any suggestion, because the Activesync (device center) problem is not with this ROM. The problem in the device center itself. I faced this problem 3 or 4 times now, but when I plugged it on a different PC, it workes fine. Then I reinstalled my device center and it worked fine. Someting not so perfect in the device center program.

2. If the datas not set from the SIM, try Settings\Network Settings\Restore Connections.

hi rapid,

i want to install the separate sense 2.5 later and i have some questions

1. is it supporting landscape?? my previous install when goes to landscape sense crash and restarting.

2. is the sms tab can replying sms??

many thanks rapid

The landscape mode was disabled in Sense.

In this ROm, the Samsung SMS stayed, just I mentioned in the first post.

will you build sense rom base on 6.5.3 (JD3) ?

Sorry, but I have to say no, becase I hate 6.5.X ROMs. I'm only cooking with 6.5.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest manost
Ahh, then it's "start menu -> settings -> connections -> wifi -> Network Adapters -> and check the value "My Network Card Connects to:" to make sure it's correct(Set to "The Internet"). It works no problem here but then I'm using my providers data connection

I'm getting the message shown in the attached picture. Phone has connection to the internet, so i don't think that there is a setting that i have to do.

The only thing that can't connect to the internet is both the facebook connection tab and youtube connection tab under the Settings -> Data Services or Sart -> Settings -> Connections -> Accound manager.

I had the same problem with Enrico's sense rom but after the fixing of the wifi button by editing the registry key (HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN

DeviceName: {several numbers}\SWLDM201) connection was granded.

In this new rom this isn't a problem as the 'SWLDM201' value exists!

post-592213-1272864228_thumb.jpg

Edited by manost

Guest Rapid81
I'm getting the message shown in the attached picture. Phone has connection to the internet, so i don't think that there is a setting that i have to do.

The only thing that can't connect to the internet is both the facebook connection tab and youtube connection tab under the Settings -> Data Services or Sart -> Settings -> Connections -> Accound manager.

I had the same problem with Enrico's sense rom but after the fixing of the wifi button by editing the registry key (HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN

DeviceName: {several numbers}\SWLDM201) connection was granded.

In this new rom this isn't a problem as the 'SWLDM201' value exists!

I did not tried the FaceBook, because I don't have FB account, but nOObody tried and it worked for him. He said about something like this, but when he tried to connect on the Settings tab/Data Services with Mobile Internet, it worked for him. After that, it worked for him through WiFi and AS too.

Guest manost
I did not tried the FaceBook, because I don't have FB account, but nOObody tried and it worked for him. He said about something like this, but when he tried to connect on the Settings tab/Data Services with Mobile Internet, it worked for him. After that, it worked for him through WiFi and AS too.

Thanks but didn't work for me.

I think i have to give up on this.