nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest skoda60
Nevermind. :)

Anyone who downloaded the ROM today or since midnight: Do you have internet connection problems or AS problems or anything?

Because I updated the ROM file on 4shared around midnight. I removed any kind of preinstalled internet connection settings.

Rapid81, I flashed all:

Eboot_I8000NXXJE2_HW_40.eb0

CSC_I8000NXXJE1.CSC

rapid_je2_sense_v4.2_eng.nb0

Phone_I8000XXJD1.bin

still no AS. Need manually setup modem. else it will tried T mobile. All program running smooth and Stable.

Thank for this excellence ROM.

Guest micmac
i`m using XSOJA2 csc now...but not testing the MMS function yet

i`m waiting for your NSOIJ2 csc...

could u tell me what setting are u using at the connections setting tab...

i`m using celcom here

sorry my bad, same as ur prob only can send but cant received mms...

ps. but jd6 with tf3d no mms prob

Guest Pablo88

Rapid I try all but my problem with update the weather by usb cabel.

I flashed all

CSC_I8000NXXJE1.CSC

And when i try update the weater i see communique:

"There was a connection error while attempting to download weather date "

Guest Rapid81
@Rapid81

Would you like to make a new Sense2.5 cab with fix as in your rom version 4.2?

Thx

Yeah, I will.

Rapid81, I flashed all:

CSC_I8000NXXJE1.CSC

Phone_I8000XXJD1.bin

still no AS. Need manually setup modem. else it will tried T mobile. All program running smooth and Stable.

Thank for this excellence ROM.

Try it with JD9 CSC. I'm using that. JE1 is for 6.5.3. Maybe that's your problem.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest kydkylin
Yeah, I will.

Thx,waiting for it :)

BTW, just unzip and use the files as attached in your new Sense cab will update the GoogleMaps to 4.1.But you'd better backup the original files in case.Hope it helps.

@All

unzip and raplace the files to windows folder would update your GoogleMaps to 4.1.But you'd better backup the original files in case.

GoogleMaps.zip

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Pablo88

I dont now what I doing bad .

I flashed with csc jd9 and it is the same.

i back to previous verion ypur rom which update weather by usb

Guest Laruku Jr.

Rapid,

I've just found that I have a problem with Calendar tab. It doesn't show my appointments. I can see them in Calendar app but not in Calendar Tab of Sense. Please suggest.

Guest Lex Sips

Same problem here. Just tried 4.20 and 4.20 is not supporting (just like 4.12) my provider (KPN).

Weather and stock not updating over the air, no internet in 4.20, 4.12 all works fine.

4.12 is connecting with the Orange modem settings (in ROM?), adding my KPN modem settings result in no network connectivity.

So 4.12 is my favorite ROM for the time being. Flashing it as we speak.

Edited by Lex Sips

Guest Rapid81
4.12 is connecting with the Orange modem settings (in ROM?), adding my KPN modem settings result in no network connectivity.

I realized, all kind of this connection error came from the CSC what you're using. I'm on T-Mobile, so Orange cannot be in the ROM.

Last chance to solve this problem. If this is not working, then the problem is in the original JE2 or something at you.

http://www.4shared.com/file/NcS2wJyX/Rapid...se_V42_ENG.html

Guest jmsmartins
I realized, all kind of this connection error came from the CSC what you're using. I'm on T-Mobile, so Orange cannot be in the ROM.

Last chance to solve this problem. If this is not working, then the problem is in the original JE2 or something at you.

i'm almost 100% sure that this is a csc related issue. i had it too with some csc but when i choose one that suits my operator everythink worked fine.. all u have to do is find the right csc, there's no problem with the rom itself

cheers

Guest drcarlos23

How can I active the landscape mode to work? everytime I go to screen settings and enable landscape the phone turns quickly to landscape view than automaticly goes to potrait mode back. It is not able to keep the landscape position. How do I enable the landscape mode to be kept for the time I wish to use the mobile in this position?

Guest jebise
How can I active the landscape mode to work? everytime I go to screen settings and enable landscape the phone turns quickly to landscape view than automaticly goes to potrait mode back. It is not able to keep the landscape position. How do I enable the landscape mode to be kept for the time I wish to use the mobile in this position?

thats because there is no landscape mode. Read the first post.

Guest Rapid81

Landscape mode only work with some programs. In the Sense is disabled, because the Sense is crashes when it goes to landscape.

Guest Aurangzeb
i'm almost 100% sure that this is a csc related issue. i had it too with some csc but when i choose one that suits my operator everythink worked fine.. all u have to do is find the right csc, there's no problem with the rom itself

cheers

how to find suitable csc for my operator...i`m from malaysia..now with XSOJA2,but seems trouble too

Guest zyberace
Rapid,

I've just found that I have a problem with Calendar tab. It doesn't show my appointments. I can see them in Calendar app but not in Calendar Tab of Sense. Please suggest.

Try changing calendar type in regional setting to "Buddhist era" if you set "Thai" region. If you don't set region to "Thai" ie. English(United State), the appointment will show properly in calendar tab.

Guest skoda60

I flashed with the full JE2 ROM, by choosing I8000xeuje1.csc which was a operator free csc. It have AS. From JD6 ROM there are JD9_csc and JDC scs when I used with the sense4.2 I downloaded yesterday. All without AS.

All the ROM I flashed before I had no problem on AS. But not big deal for me because I can manually entered the telco data for internet. If with this only one connection sure people will facing mms problem. If AS is working, I have three setting for Singapore M1: M1_world_GPRS, M1_MMS and M1_email.

Guest kkttt

Flashed the ROM and couldn't get any internet connection, through USB or wifi. Couldn't browse the net or update weather.

Problem solved after doing a Restore Network Settings, hope this helps :)

Guest Aurangzeb
I flashed with the full JE2 ROM, by choosing I8000xeuje1.csc which was a operator free csc. It have AS. From JD6 ROM there are JD9_csc and JDC scs when I used with the sense4.2 I downloaded yesterday. All without AS.

All the ROM I flashed before I had no problem on AS. But not big deal for me because I can manually entered the telco data for internet. If with this only one connection sure people will facing mms problem. If AS is working, I have three setting for Singapore M1: M1_world_GPRS, M1_MMS and M1_email.

that mean this xeuje1 can be use to malaysia?i`m using celcom telco in here

Guest Laruku Jr.
Try changing calendar type in regional setting to "Buddhist era" if you set "Thai" region. If you don't set region to "Thai" ie. English(United State), the appointment will show properly in calendar tab.

zyberace,

Strangely, I cannot change the calendar type in regional setting whether it is Thai or English(United State). :) Do you have any suggestions?

Guest zyberace
zyberace,

Strangely, I cannot change the calendar type in regional setting whether it is Thai or English(United State). :) Do you have any suggestions?

Strange. What CSC do you use? Currently I use I8000MOBIZ4 and Rapid's Sense rom v.4.11.

I have no time to try v.4.2 myself.

Guest Lex Sips

Rapid,

I'am using your CSC.

"Out of the box" So flashing nb0 4.12 and CSC_I8000NXXJD9 without entering any modem information I get Orange as internet connection.

Creating a new modem connection with the KPN settings result in no internet connectivity (both 4.12 and 4.20).

In short:

4.12 and CSC_I8000NXXJD9 provides internet connectivity via Orange (KPN settings do not work and kill all internet connectivity).

4.20 and CSC_I8000NXXJD9 provides no internet connectivity at all (KPN settings do not work and kill all internet connectivity).

Using other CSC's does not help either, so it seems something in the nb0 file is "blokking" other modem connections.

Perhaps you could have a look at this Rapid?

Might also solve the MMS problems other people experience.