nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Lex Sips
i'm almost 100% sure that this is a csc related issue. i had it too with some csc but when i choose one that suits my operator everythink worked fine.. all u have to do is find the right csc, there's no problem with the rom itself

cheers

Tried the Secani CSC_I8000NXXIJ8 which works with my provider (reconises it even) with 4.20 but did not work.

I guess it's hidden in the ROM but who am I to say? I'am no cook just a happy user.

Guest DJAviator
Same problem here. Just tried 4.20 and 4.20 is not supporting (just like 4.12) my provider (KPN).

Weather and stock not updating over the air, no internet in 4.20, 4.12 all works fine.

4.12 is connecting with the Orange modem settings (in ROM?), adding my KPN modem settings result in no network connectivity.

So 4.12 is my favorite ROM for the time being. Flashing it as we speak.

http://qelp.kpn.com/Samsung/I8000-Omnia-II...stellen-WM-6.5/

This is what I used flashing JE1.csc with 4.2 to get my Internet settings to work.

-Geert

Guest Rapid81

I triple-checked the entire ROM in the last 2 days, but I did not found anything related to the internet connection settings (orange, tmobile or any provider). The nb0 just contains blank settings. But when I remove that, the AS internet connection does not works. This problems caused by the CSC.

Guest Lex Sips
Flashed the ROM and couldn't get any internet connection, through USB or wifi. Couldn't browse the net or update weather.

Problem solved after doing a Restore Network Settings, hope this helps :)

;) Not for me.

Did the Restore Network Settings, Orange settings all of the sudden visible.

Added KPN settings, selected them.

Tried to update weather but got Connection Error.

Guest Lex Sips
I triple-checked the entire ROM in the last 2 days, but I did not found anything related to the internet connection settings (orange, tmobile or any provider). The nb0 just contains blank settings. But when I remove that, the AS internet connection does not works. This problems caused by the CSC.

Rapid, thanks for your reply.

Will try a number of CSC's and see what works for me.

I don't know if the provider settings (Sekani's ROM's reconise your provider) are in the CSC or in the nb0 file though.

If they are in the nb0 file there is no use in trying different CSC files...

Guest Rapid81
Rapid, thanks for your reply.

Will try a number of CSC's and see what works for me.

I don't know if the provider settings (Sekani's ROM's reconise your provider) are in the CSC or in the nb0 file though.

If they are in the nb0 file there is no use in trying different CSC files...

The provider settings are in the CSC. I dumped some CSC, and found the provider settings in all.

If you dump a CSC, you'll see. The provider settings are in the Imei<yourcountryname>.pfg file.

Guest Lex Sips
The provider settings are in the CSC. I dumped some CSC, and found the provider settings in all.

If you dump a CSC, you'll see. The provider settings are in the Imei<yourcountryname>.pfg file.

Time for me to start using the dump tools and try to cook a ROM sometime Rapid.

That way I start understanding more of the innerworkings of WinMo and feel less dumb :)

Thanks for the info, learning a lot.

Guest willis111

Like Rapid said, the connection settings are stored in the CSC file. A quick workaround for this is to erase your csc/flash with no csc. To do this you need to flash with your original csc, go to your settings/connections/connections, open your internet and tethering connections (at least, if not the rest but it's up to you, just setting up the internet connection will connect you to 3g) and write down the data. Then flash with X rom and erase csc in octans. Once booted open settings/connections/connections and set up your connections using the values provided from your original csc. Also, I flashed this rom 2 weeks ago with my original bell csc (ik3?) because I got lazy and didn't want to manually set up my connection every time I hard reset and I've had no problems at all. Not exactly sure what's provided in the jd9+ csc but it doesn't seem to be needed here.

Guest Lex Sips
Hi Geert,

Thanks for your information.

Can you tell me where you downloaded the JE1 please?

I tried these setting with 4.12 and JD9 but did not work.

Will try again after flashing JE1 CSC and 4.2.

Geert,

Did the job.

Needed to delete the immer present Orange settings after doing a Restore Networks and added the KPN settings.

Will see if the weather is also changing city tomorrow going to work.

Thanks again!

Edited by Lex Sips

Guest Lex Sips
Geert,

Did the job.

Needed to delete the immer present Orange settings after doing a Restore Networks and added the KPN settings.

Will see if the weather is also changing city tomorrow going to work.

Thanks again!

My happiness was short lived.

After a soft reset the local weather update didn't work anymore.

The added city under weather are updating.

Back to 4.12 and JD9.

Guest skoda60
that mean this xeuje1 can be use to malaysia?i`m using celcom telco in here

All the while I was using it on different CSC.

Guest skoda60

No too worry about it. Your ROM was great and I like it. I flashed many version of your ROM, all have the same no AS problem. I used your standalone sensev4.12 to many lean ROM like twu2, Gary without this problem.

Interesting was by ussing Restore connections -> All the networks setting was wipe out. Mean time manual setup is the only way. Let put the minus problem away and enjoy the great performance from this ROM.

Edited by skoda60

Guest serverxeon

the htc messaging appears squashed when the keypad appears.

is there any way around it?

or make it launch the samsung messaging app instead?

Guest serverxeon

i am having problems with the version 4.2 rom when accesing internet on gprs.

the internet explorer is fine, but opera and other things dont work.

i tried other roms and all work perfectly.

(gprs config settings installed correctly)

anyone similar problems?

Guest sakku
Big recommand you to use Background 4 All Tabs, CookieHomeTap 1.6.1 then the CHTEditor 1.6.1(Don't use their 1.7.x version as there may be some bugs) to make the Sense2.5 easier to use, and the best install order should be like belows:

1)Background 4 All Tabs:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...bodys-sense2-5/

2)CookieHomeTap 1.6.1:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=55421

3)CHTEditor 1.6.1

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=55422

Wish it help

@Rapid81

Would you like to make a new Sense2.5 cab with fix as in your rom version 4.2?

Thx

great, mate...!!

now i can place all my shortcut link ater using cookie home tap 1.6.1 from u..

is it possible to change the digital clock on sense into analog one ? i remember, on maxmanila there's analog clock inside it.. is it possible if i install maxmanila on rapid81's sense 2.5 rom ?

rapid81,

i found a little bugs when i tried to switch off data connection using the setting tab, wireless controls. the gprs connection actually stop, but the slider control still cannot off. need to switch some times, until the slider is off..

many thanks for your support..

Guest kydkylin
is it possible to change the digital clock on sense into analog one ? i remember, on maxmanila there's analog clock inside it.. is it possible if i install maxmanila on rapid81's sense 2.5 rom ?

many thanks for your support..

I haven't tried maxmanila yet .But as far as I know, it couldn't live with the CookieHomeTap 1.6.1...Correct me if I'm wrong and wish someone tried the maxmanila could tell you the result.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jhlee_0722
I haven't tried maxmanila yet .But as far as I know, it couldn't live with the CookieHomeTap 1.6.1...Correct me if I'm wrong and wish someone tried the maxmanila could tell you the result.

is ther any battery leakage using CookieHomeTap? i mean like drainin the battery even when the phone is screenlocked and not runnin any programs.

thanks for this. i have a problem: the weather tab can find my location thru wifi, but the next time it thinks i am in a different location. if i update again, it goes back to my correct location. it just swings between the two. how to fix this? also, is there a way to not use location service but a fixed location? thanks a lot again!

Guest takeuchie

great rom by rapid..thanks mate..currently on v4.12..goin for 4.2

- fast sense 2.5

- battery last longer than expected

a few things dat i would like to figure it out..

- is it just me or the sense 2.5 with cookies tab crashes/freeze every time when i wanna change the layout..?

is der any work-around/ways for me the change the home layout..? mind point me 2 the rite directions..

- did anyone got an error when launching garmin-xt..? i got this error saying "misalignment blabla.." help me out anyone..

- any universal csc to be use for malaysian users..? or point the rite direction..

thanks.. ^^

Guest kydkylin
is ther any battery leakage using CookieHomeTap? i mean like drainin the battery even when the phone is screenlocked and not runnin any programs.

I havn't noticed any.Or maybe it's not that obvious.

Guest jhlee_0722
I havn't noticed any.Or maybe it's not that obvious.

K thx. i ill try it now. hopefully it wont drain my battery even if im not using the phone.. battery is my only concern for the time being. ill let u know if thers any battery leakage. :)

Guest Rapid81
- is it just me or the sense 2.5 with cookies tab crashes/freeze every time when i wanna change the layout..?

is der any work-around/ways for me the change the home layout..? mind point me 2 the rite directions..

Use the "Search Topic" button, damn!

I wrote it down in posts:

And not just me. Others wrote it down too!

I'll not answer this question again, ever! Search and read!

post-624700-1274084555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapid81

Guest micmac
great rom by rapid..thanks mate..currently on v4.12..goin for 4.2

- fast sense 2.5

- battery last longer than expected

a few things dat i would like to figure it out..

- did anyone got an error when launching garmin-xt..? i got this error saying "misalignment blabla.." help me out anyone..

- any universal csc to be use for malaysian users..? or point the rite direction..

thanks.. ^^

would like u to try the mms maybe cant received but can send mms...pls verify this fren...