nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest rperezlo

I have a problem with this ROM. Sometimes it just doesn't start. After the W7 'stars', instead of the starting picture the screen just goes blank and nothing happens. It's somehow alive, because I can turn the phone off but when I turn it on again I have the same problem. But WMDC doesn't detect it.

The only solution I've found is to hard reset.

This has happened once per day since I installed 4.20, and it didn't happen to me with 4.12.

Excellent ROM, anyway. I'm going back to 4.12 and will wait for the next release to see if the problem has disappeared.

Guest rperezlo
I have a problem with this ROM. Sometimes it just doesn't start. After the W7 'stars', instead of the starting picture the screen just goes blank and nothing happens. It's somehow alive, because I can turn the phone off but when I turn it on again I have the same problem. But WMDC doesn't detect it.

This has happened once per day since I installed 4.20, and it didn't happen to me with 4.12.

Excellent ROM, anyway. I'm going back to 4.12 and will wait for the next release to see if the problem has disappeared.

Well, I've read some other messages in this topic and I'm not the only one with this problem. Also there is some information at xda that relates this issue to the languages not being installed properly. With 4.20 I set the Spanish XT9 dictionary without installing the dictionary package of the third post, but I did install it when I tried 4.11 and 4.12.

Besides that, once I had selected the Spanish dictionary I couldn't get into the XT9 properties page and it reported a missing functionality error. The Spanish XT9 dictionary, however, worked properly without the language pack, but clearly there is something missing.

So, I'm going to hard reset 4.20 and install the language pack before changing the XT9 language. I'll report back if the problem happens again.

Guest Rapid81
Well, I've read some other messages in this topic and I'm not the only one with this problem. Also there is some information at xda that relates this issue to the languages not being installed properly. With 4.20 I set the Spanish XT9 dictionary without installing the dictionary package of the third post, but I did install it when I tried 4.11 and 4.12.

Besides that, once I had selected the Spanish dictionary I couldn't get into the XT9 properties page and it reported a missing functionality error. The Spanish XT9 dictionary, however, worked properly without the language pack, but clearly there is something missing.

So, I'm going to hard reset 4.20 and install the language pack before changing the XT9 language. I'll report back if the problem happens again.

Who said there is a dictionary package in the 3rd post? That's a keyboard layout installer, not XT9 dictionary.

If you mess up the ROM with changing the language specified things (not the keyboard and region settings) do not wonder if the ROM does not want to start anymore.

Anyway, I said before, I'll create a JD6 V4.2 version, because this JE2 is a s**t.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest rperezlo
Who said there is a dictionary package in the 3rd post? That's a keyboard layout installer, not XT9 dictionary.

If you mess up the ROM with changing the language specified things (not the keyboard and region settings) do not wonder if the ROM does not want to start anymore.

Anyway, I said before, I'll create a JD6 V4.2 version, because this JE2 is a s**t.

Hi rapid, don't be upset. Ignorance is not a sin...

Of course you're right, the description of the file in 3rd post is "All Keyboard Layouts". I run into the problem when changing the XT9 without installing the "All Keyboard Layouts" and that's how things got mixed in my tongue. Regarding messing up the ROM, maybe I did, but it was just by touching menus in the configuration page (Samsung Settings -> Input Method -> Options -> XT9 Settings), it didn't seem to be so risky when I did it... Besides that, it worked with 4.11 and 4.12 with "All Keyboard Layouts" installed, it's just that this time I tried without installing it and run into this problem.

In any case I'm sorry if I offended you. My only intention was to help those who may run into the same issue. For now I can say that I followed the process outlined above (Hard Reset -> All Keyboard Layouts -> Change XT9 language) and I've been able to restart the phone after changing XT9, so for me that seems to be the solution. I'll let the forum know if I run into more problems.

And BTW, I'm enjoying this ROM a lot. It's the first one I try after being for 6 months with the Samsung Wizard and I think that HTC's solution is a lot better, and you've done a superb job porting it to the O2.

Guest Aurangzeb
I'm from malaysia with Celcom and, flashed with 4.2 and XSOJA2 csc. Receives MMS is not working but I can live with it. Try a couple of cscs, finally with the right csc I have got my Data Connection automatically configure by my network operator. I'm using XP and no AS problem.

But everytime I soft reset my phone, it always tell me to get my network auto configure. After soft reset, some settings like assign a program under button setting will go back to defaulf rom setting.

Beside all that, overall this is a great rom with Sense 2.5 running in my O2.

Thank you Rapid and nOObody, you guys have done a great job. Cheers!

what csc that u used now...

Guest Aurangzeb

waiting for it...

Guest Basil Daniel

Hello Rapid & nOObody

Is there a way of getting your hands on the swipe keyboard ?

This is one of the hottest keyboards out there and the Omnia 2 broke the world record in speed typing using it.

Since you have the best rom out there maybe we can incorporate this in one of your future roms or get a cab added on your 3rd post....

Just a humble thought.

Basil

Guest Terry666

VERY NICE!!! Thank you guys.

Windows 7 Ult 64bit

Eboot= JE2

CSC= JE1 (XEU English UK)

Phone= JD1

Flashing= OK :(

Sinc= OK :D

Internet / MMS= Had to set manualy (Only hick-up till now) :rolleyes:

All smooth, if any problem I'll report back

Thanks again

Guest Rapid81
Hi rapid, don't be upset. Ignorance is not a sin...

Of course you're right, the description of the file in 3rd post is "All Keyboard Layouts". I run into the problem when changing the XT9 without installing the "All Keyboard Layouts" and that's how things got mixed in my tongue. Regarding messing up the ROM, maybe I did, but it was just by touching menus in the configuration page (Samsung Settings -> Input Method -> Options -> XT9 Settings), it didn't seem to be so risky when I did it... Besides that, it worked with 4.11 and 4.12 with "All Keyboard Layouts" installed, it's just that this time I tried without installing it and run into this problem.

In any case I'm sorry if I offended you. My only intention was to help those who may run into the same issue. For now I can say that I followed the process outlined above (Hard Reset -> All Keyboard Layouts -> Change XT9 language) and I've been able to restart the phone after changing XT9, so for me that seems to be the solution. I'll let the forum know if I run into more problems.

And BTW, I'm enjoying this ROM a lot. It's the first one I try after being for 6 months with the Samsung Wizard and I think that HTC's solution is a lot better, and you've done a superb job porting it to the O2.

No problem at all. Sorry, if I was drew my post in the way I offended you.

That's why I want to go back to JD6, because 4.12 with JD6 has not a lots a problems like this JE2.

Hello Rapid & nOObody

Is there a way of getting your hands on the swipe keyboard ?

This is one of the hottest keyboards out there and the Omnia 2 broke the world record in speed typing using it.

Since you have the best rom out there maybe we can incorporate this in one of your future roms or get a cab added on your 3rd post....

Just a humble thought.

Basil

The swype is not freeware and is forbidden for cooking.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...n-rom-releases/

HELLO AND THANKSSSSSSS

CAN i ask you something ???

Do we have i it with E1 rom ???

Thanksssssss

You can use the CAB for JE1, beause I'm not cooking with 6.5.3, until a decent version not comes out.

Guest jebise

been doing some reading at work and came across this thread. It has 2 Manila 2.5.2012 so i'm wondering if this may help give us better performance and even solve white square issues maybe? Are you using a CFC LOCALIZED version or just LOCALIZED ? might help giving us a boost if this has not been done. I would love it if i could get the omnia dependencies as i want to learn to cook and mess around with sence as great it is now it still very slow with some of the menus.

Edited by jebise

Guest naxos

i have the same problem to

Guest Rapid81
been doing some reading at work and came across this thread. It has 2 Manila 2.5.2012 so i'm wondering if this may help give us better performance and even solve white square issues maybe? Are you using a CFC LOCALIZED version or just LOCALIZED ? might help giving us a boost if this has not been done. I would love it if i could get the omnia dependencies as i want to learn to cook and mess around with sence as great it is now it still very slow with some of the menus.

That's the Sense what you're using. :rolleyes:

The white squares caused by an uncompatibility between the 6.5.X OpenGL ES driver and GK's OGL wrapper.

Guest jebise
That's the Sense what you're using. :rolleyes:

The white squares caused by an uncompatibility between the 6.5.X OpenGL ES driver and GK's OGL wrapper.

yeah i throught so, i know white squares is caused my drivers. but is it CFC compressed or not?

Guest Terry666
VERY NICE!!! Thank you guys.

Windows 7 Ult 64bit

Eboot= JE2

CSC= JE1 (XEU English UK)

Phone= JD1

Flashing= OK :(

Sinc= OK :D

Internet / MMS= Had to set manualy (Only hick-up till now) :rolleyes:

All smooth, if any problem I'll report back

Thanks again

First MAJOR problem for me... My GPS (Garmin) DOESN'T work, plenty of activity with satellites but NO LOCKING! I changed settings install/uninstall Fixes but nothing I tried worked...

PLEASE people anybody have the same problem?

ANY solution?

Please I really like this ROM but I need the GPS...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, after few more install/uninstall fixes changing ports and speeds and few more restarts AND MORE waiting to lock... It fixed itself and I'm saying ITSELF because is working now with the defaults 7/9/4800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took couple minutes to lock the first time but now locking within a minute or so...

Edited by Terry666

Guest chokia

my garmin can lock but like 10-20 minutes, this is very long compare previous rom. i cant download xtra too (where is it?)

This happen to Google Map and Bing too seems forever to lock the position.

Guest Rapid81
my garmin can lock but like 10-20 minutes, this is very long compare previous rom. i cant download xtra too (where is it?)

This happen to Google Map and Bing too seems forever to lock the position.

GPS is working fine for me. XTRA settings in the place where in any other ROMs.

Guest JasonMa
GPS is working fine for me. XTRA settings in the place where in any other ROMs.

Hi Rapid, the GPS is working fine to me too. but there is a small problem, when navigating, the screen will auto power off, although i have set the garmin to keep screen on.