nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
hey Rapid

my location dont work in the cab file, do you have any solutions?

I have no solution for issues with the cab. I mentioned in the second post there may will have problems. The Sense only works properly when cooked. Sorry!

Guest speedfrog
I have no solution for issues with the cab. I mentioned in the second post there may will have problems. The Sense only works properly when cooked. Sorry!

ok

Guest dgmorland

I have installed Cookie's Home Tab mod v1.8 and it is working nicely aside from the Edit Home Layout menu item (same problem as with previous version). Editing the registry directly to change layout is the alternative. I hadnt tried turning off the weather wallpaper - this sure makes a difference to the performance of Sense on our phone. It is available here

Guest jkgtan
Thanks for the help man.

I'm downloading Rapid_JD6_Sense_V4.2_ENG

How do i free up space on my O2? my main storage says i got 63MB free, but reserved is 448MB, how do i delete apps to free up the storage? and my ram has only 39 MB free but i got around 700mb free in my storage...cant i flash with rapids JD6 ROM rather than kingmobile's JE2? and is octans 2.14 the csc i need to flash with? thanks in advance to any1 who can help! :)

The ROM cooked by Rapid81 is complete.

Amount of storage is fixed you cannot change.

You can use any csc to flash as mentioned by Rapid81.

I am not a cooker and cannot give you any adv.

I just follow the instruction faithfully.

Sorry for not being able to help you.

Guest Rapid81
Thanks for the help man.

I'm downloading Rapid_JD6_Sense_V4.2_ENG

How do i free up space on my O2? my main storage says i got 63MB free, but reserved is 448MB, how do i delete apps to free up the storage? and my ram has only 39 MB free but i got around 700mb free in my storage...cant i flash with rapids JD6 ROM rather than kingmobile's JE2? and is octans 2.14 the csc i need to flash with? thanks in advance to any1 who can help! :)

When you'll flash this ROM, you'll have ~120-130MB free storage on the device. You don't need to install the Sense separately, because it's cooked into the ROM.

Guest nyleon26

Hi i'm new to this and i just flashed this rom. I got a couple of questions though:

1. Is there a way to change the background wallpaper for all the tabs?

2. When the keyboard is up, the whole layout of the page in the background gets messed up. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks a bunch, this rom is really fast!

Guest igorbr

i try use bluetooth headset to listen music in music tab and it works but the bluetooth controls don't work(play/pause, next/previous music)...but if i use S2P player bluetooth controls work very well...should i enable this function in some place in settings???

sorry my english....

thx

Guest avantgarde280
Ok,it works when you simply install C0okie's HomeTab 1.7.1.2 and GTX Sense theme. 2 bad that some of you don't like the GTX Sense theme... I simply love it :)

which GTX version you used..uncompressed or compressed one..

Guest chokia
in cookie home tab why cant we edit the home screen layout?

I thought all versions of CHT, the phone will freeze whenever you attempt to "Edit Home Layout".

Have you tried CHT1.8? I love it it makes your sense screen so much faster than before, but it will bring the free RAM to the alarming below 50MB to 25MB. And of cause the phone will freeze whenever you try to change something under "Edit Home Layout". You can just play with Cookie's Home Tab Editor only.

post-423790-1276045094_thumb.jpgpost-423790-1276045110_thumb.jpg

post-423790-1276045122_thumb.jpgpost-423790-1276045131_thumb.jpg

post-423790-1276045142_thumb.jpg

Edited by chokia

Guest speedfrog
Have you tried CHT1.8? I love it it makes your sense screen so much faster than before, but it will bring the free RAM to the alarming below 25MB.

yea, i know that you can edit the home screen layout, but its not working on our omnia 2.

are you using the cab file?

maybe its just in the cab file its not working?

this is whats happening to me:

post-608080-1276045623_thumb.jpg post-608080-1276045626_thumb.jpg post-608080-1276045631_thumb.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------it just crash here, i cant do nothing i have to take out the battery.

Edited by speedfrog

Guest chokia

But i took both cab files directly from its creator in xda. Even the video guide by pocketnow that uses htc touchpro also mentioned some of the functions are just best for HD2 instead of other phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On different note, i wonder how people using this ROM cope with memory issues.

post-423790-1276049932_thumb.jpg

My Store free memory left only 12MB with 99% apps installed in My storage, even after my temporary internet files and opera cache were relocated to my storage.

Program free RAM left 44MB with nothing running in the background. CHT1.8 definitely took around 10MB of free RAM. .

SKTools FreeRAM definitely not working. So most of the time i disable sense and back to Standard todays screen to get 75+MB.

Please share your solution.

Guest nyleon26

Hi there, I've been using this Rom for the past few days and i'm pretty happy with it.

I've only got 1 problem though, whenever i wanna update anything that requires an internet connection (wifi/3g) like twitter or my email or the weather, sense freezes on me and i cant do anything except remove the battery to restart the phone. Is this normal? or am i doing something wrong?

Guest JohnJayJrV
Did you have problem with send and receive mms with this rom??? because i install this rom and mms can't be received...

Are you still not able to receive MMS? Having the same issue with a different ROM but using the same version of Sense....

jv

Guest Aurangzeb
Are you still not able to receive MMS? Having the same issue with a different ROM but using the same version of Sense....

jv

the solution is in page 49 n 51.u will found the way how n why we said the mms is solved

Guest xaznxplaya

Mehh..Is it only me or sometimes when I plug my device to the computer it has like 50% of crashing. The first time when it happened, I restarted my computer and the issue got solved, I think it has something to do with the mobile device center/active sync... PDA: JD6 CSC IJ6 ( I'm with Bell) Phone: JD1

Guest Ordinary
the solution is in page 49 n 51.u will found the way how n why we said the mms is solved

The MMS problem is only solved with another messaging method which is the HTC messaging .

if you dont like to use HTC messaging , so yes , the MMS problem still there .

and everyone , please stop saying that MMS problem is solved .

it is not called solved , its just using another method to MMS .

thanks .

Guest dgmorland

I wanted to use Thumbcal as my main calendar application and access it from tapping the next appointment on the home screen in Sense. I think Cookies Home Tab can do this but it eats up precious RAM.

I found a solution for doing this here. There was one small problem in that after generating the CAB and installing it on Rapid's ROM, it moved the weather details down the screen so that they overlapped with the next appointment on the homescreen. I solved this by replacing the 652ae0f4_manila_Original file in the Tools folder with the one of the same name that was installed in our ROMm then generated the CAB. I have attached a copy of the file in our ROM in case it helps you.

So now I can tap the next appointment icon to open my full calendar app and the Calendar tab in Sense still shows me appointments in the standard Sense calendar app. Just what I wanted.

This link also describes how you can link to an alternative Alarm application rather than the Sense one but I havent tried this.

652ae0f4_manila_Original.zip

Guest Aurangzeb
The MMS problem is only solved with another messaging method which is the HTC messaging .

if you dont like to use HTC messaging , so yes , the MMS problem still there .

and everyone , please stop saying that MMS problem is solved .

it is not called solved , its just using another method to MMS .

thanks .

if u want to play with the MMS...so u must use this method unless u did not want the MMS function

that`s why we said it is solved rather than not functional

we are still waiting for rapid to update this MMS method,but before the update out,u can use this method of HTC messaging 1st for the MMS get function

that`s all...nothing more nothing less

Guest avantgarde280
for those who complaint that the HTC messaging client is slow n lagy..u may install the new once...just go to here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495 n follow the instruction given.

p/s : dont angry mr rapid,just want to make the community n users happy

thnx for pointing it up! :)

no more lag n run perfectly with secure inbox... :)

p/s: im happy user now...nice... :)