nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Basil Daniel

Hello Rapid

I have found your rom to be one of the nicest so far appart from the active sync problem which I cannot resolve sadly.

Following your advice I uninstaled all mobile device centers and also flashed full mst roms twice!

The outcome is always the same... all works great appart from the fact that the active sync cannot connect. It freezes my device.

I hope you can resolve this.

I will reinstall a working rom till this is fixed.

Looking forward to your update.

Basil

Guest kydkylin

So nobody installed the cab successfully?

What a pity... :blink:

Wish there'll be new cab soon, as it's more convient.

I'll wait patientely, as good things deserve a good wait :huh:

Now I'm using your rom, and it runs perfectly :P

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Rapid81
Rapid, I have a question about flashing... It is OK, that I flash just PDA and CSC files or I must flash also the newer Phone part (my current phone part is JB2)? Thanks in advance!

You can flash only the PDA and CSC part.

So nobody installed the cab successfully?

What a pity... :P

Wish there'll be new cab soon, as it's more convient.

I'll wait patientely, as good things deserve a good wait :huh:

I'll look into it. I don't now what the problem is, but I'll try it on my Naked ROM this afternoon.

Until that, I removed the cab from the 4shared.

About mirrors:

Why is the 4shared not working for someone? If it's because a timeout problem, then try again later. I want to keep on eye on the download counts. If someone cannot reach the 4shared because it's blocked in their countries, then maybe we can talk about the mirrors.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Asgardi

Now when I have used the ROM a little longer there is a minor but annoying problem. HTC setting tab is _very_ laggy. It takes seconds to get response from that view. Also sliding away from settings tab is very laggy, and if your phone locks to setting tab and you unlock your phone, it takes ages for the locksreen to appear. If you use your phone before lockscreen appears, it stays behind the Sense and reboot is only option then...

EDIT: Oh, and i forgot... those who have activesync problems try uninstalling everything releated to phone:

- mobile center

- samsung cable driver

- samsung new pc studio

- samsung kies

- delete this folder: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ActiveSync

When everything is removed, connect your phone and it shoud work. If you find out more precisily what causes the problem, then please tell others. It might be that for example only removing ActiveSync folder fixes the problem.

Edited by Asgardi

Guest Rapid81
Now when I have used the ROM a little longer there is a minor but annoying problem. HTC setting tab is _very_ laggy. It takes seconds to get response from that view. Also sliding away from settings tab is very laggy, and if your phone locks to setting tab and you unlock your phone, it takes ages for the locksreen to appear. If you use your phone before lockscreen appears, it stays behind the Sense and reboot is only option then...

I'm using this ROM (the english one, what you're using too) since 3 days now without SR and I never faced this problem. I don't know what can be the problem.

Guest kydkylin
You can flash only the PDA and CSC part.

I'll look into it. I don't now what the problem is, but I'll try it on my Naked ROM this afternoon.

Until that, I removed the cab from the 4shared.

About mirrors:

Why is the 4shared not working for someone? If it's because a timeout problem, then try again later. I want to keep on eye on the download counts. If someone cannot reach the 4shared because it's blocked in their country, then maybe we can talk about the mirrors.

Thx Rapid81!

Just take your time.We'll all wait for you patiently, as we can enjoy your fantastic rom at the same time.So you needn't hurry :blink:

As for me, as a Chinese, 4shared isn't blocked in China, but only need do a little trick.

For example, if the download link is

http://www.4shared.com/file/ghid-XMB/Rapid...nse_V4_ENG.html

just add "-china" behind the "4shared" as

http://www.4shared-china.com/file/ghid-XMB/Rapid_JD6_Sense_V4_ENG.html

May this solution would help some people in China who don't know how to download it. :huh:

P.S

Maybe there's some alike trick in other 4shared.com blocked country ?

Just a guess :P

Edited by kydkylin

Guest avantgarde280
Thanks for ur nice ROM..,.:-P

btw..can u provide cab for restore back original slider(not the transparent one) and upper curtain..searching but didnt find cab to restore back...

so nobody want to help me????

Guest Jeffrey.S

I haven't tried Rapid's rom yet, but since most of the ppl who already flashed the rom reported "no such error/problem", I am assuming that you could try some ram cleaning tools first.

For example, http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-cleanram.html

---

To Rapid81,

Sense 2.5 cab doesn't work for me either.

Looking forward to the new update.

Thanks for your hard work and contribution!

-Jeff

Guest Rapid81
so nobody want to help me????

You asked this question and what time is left since that? One and a half? Maybe you can a little more patiente. I have it, but I have a bigger problem right now. Especially, the cab problem. I'm working on that right now. After that, I'll look into it and try to find that files to you. And don't use hundreds of "?". :huh:

Guest avantgarde280
You asked this question and what time is left since that? One and a half? Maybe you can a little more patiente. I have it, but I have a bigger problem right now. Especially, the cab problem. I'm working on that right now. After that, I'll look into it and try to find that files to you. And don't use hundreds of "?". :huh:

Sorry if i being rude to u..forgive me sir..:-P

thnx for the reply..ok..i'll wait until u finished regarding that cab problem..

btw..i like ur rom very much..most stable sense ROM in my opinion..

Gudluck Rapid,, :P

Guest Rapid81
I'm from Italy. When i flash the csc, can I use the italian language? Or what language I have to chose?

The ROM only contains the 409 mui files and that means, only shows properly in english. But you can use an italian CSC with english language.

Guest Rapid81
yep the cab does not work

Maybe I found the problem. It was a pity if I'm not mistaken. :huh: Creating the new cab now and testing on my JD6 Naked ROM.

Guest Rapid81
Sorry if i being rude to u..forgive me sir..:-P

thnx for the reply..ok..i'll wait until u finished regarding that cab problem..

btw..i like ur rom very much..most stable sense ROM in my opinion..

Gudluck Rapid,, :huh:

You found it in the 3rd post. Your welcome! I did not tried, but it needs to work.

Guest NewForce
1. Please no make any suggestion, because the Activesync (device center) problem is not with this ROM. The problem in the device center itself. I faced this problem 3 or 4 times now, but when I plugged it on a different PC, it workes fine. Then I reinstalled my device center and it worked fine. Someting not so perfect in the device center program.

Oh really? Please, I am only providing my experience info, not making any suggestion, and it's not ground less.

I have been using WMDC/AS for years. I've flashes many different rom, for many different Omnia2 and many other WM devices,

your rom was the first ever ROM that hang on them.

Is too bad that you did not want to review your rom to see if there's any way you could solve this phenomenon issue, at least for me.

Am going back to Samsung official or other lite WM6.5/6.5.x rom which is fast and more responsive in comparison.

Bye!

Guest Basil Daniel

Rapid

With all due respect the rom you have provided is stable, fast, attractive and has good tweaks all over but, the fact that I have tried everything you have suggested, (I deleted all settings and windows Mobile center I even installed a fresh copy of vista!) The outcome is always the same... I cannot Sync my phone. As I use my phone for business too i cannot keep this rom even though I love the work you have done.

If this issue is solved somehow then I will immediately install it again!

For the record I also installed official roms so that i can debug the device as you suggested. They connected and synced without any problem...

Till then...

Warmest regards

Basil

Guest Rapid81
Oh really? Please, I am only providing my experience info, not making any suggestion, and it's not ground less.

I have been using WMDC/AS for years. I've flashes many different rom, for many different Omnia2 and many other WM devices,

your rom was the first ever ROM that hang on them.

Is too bad that you did not want to review your rom to see if there's any way you could solve this phenomenon issue, at least for me.

Am going back to Samsung official or other lite WM6.5/6.5.x rom which is fast and more responsive in comparison.

Bye!

Oh. So you angry to me. So be it. My ROMs downloaded more than 1000 times now (all versions) and only just a few users reported this problem. The problem is not in the ROM. The MS Mobile Device Center "create" this problem, not the ROM. I was faced with this problem even with official ROMs! Then I reinstalled the Device Center, replug my phone, the windows recognized it, installed the driver and it worked perfectly. I have 2 different computer (all with Win7) and there was a time when my notebook made the phone to hang, and my PC didn't. There was a time when the PC made the hanging and the notebook didn't. Every time the MDC reinstall worked for me. And there was a time when the notebook did it, I did not do anything and the next time it didn't do it! I'll not review my ROM because I did not even touched the AS part of it! And I know, this is not the ROM's problem.

And it only happens under Win7. Windows XP does not do anything like that.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jclarel

nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Last updated: 02/05/2010 (from NXXJD6 WM6.5)

Finally, we did it! Our Sense 2.5 is finished! 2 months hard work and we created the fastest Sense 2.5 ROM in the "market". Everything is working and everything is smooth. :huh: This ROM is great for the everyday usage.

This ROM is english.

The ROM has a hungarian version, what you can found at the PDAFanClub.com.

Special gifts in the ROM

• Fully working Documents Tab
  • Fully working FaceBook Tab
  • Samsung Dialer, SMS/MMS stayed
  • Samsung Video Call stayed
  • The default CPU speed is Auto
  • Lanscape mode is disabled in Sense
    • Smart Sync
    • Cube
    • Smart Reader
    • Samsung Main Menu
    • Other languages and keyboards than english
    • Application Store
    • Games
    • Backgrounds
    • Youtube
    • QIK
    • Opera 9.5
    • Google Maps
    • Podcast
    • Samsung FunClub
    • i8000 handbook
    • Widgets
    • MSN Weather
    • MSN Money
    • Live Search
    • SkyBox
    • SkyMarket
    • Marketplace
    • Outlook Live Updater
    • Today Selector
    • MS My Phone
      • Sense 2.5.2011.3030
      • m6 Color TaskBar Vista Theme (with my waitcursor)
      • O2Flash 1.1 (on Button1)
      • SDKCerts 2010
      • Samsung SDK 2.2
      • HTC TaskManager 2.1
      • Opera Mobile 10 Final
      • Total Commander
      • SoftReset program
      • Topaz CommManager
        • Page Pool Size changed to 8MB
        • Task manager on Button1 hold
        • WinMo Settings on by default
        • GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)
        • Changed icons and some new (pl.: "New SMS")
        • 4 rows Start Menu
        • My own Lockscreen
        • My own call screen with bigger caller picture
        • My own Win7 Boot/Shutdown screens/sounds
        • Front Camera support
        • Black Theme by default
        • Registry entry to the photoalbum filter added

Recommendations:

[*]Flash with Octans 2.14

[*]You can flash it with any CSC and you need to, because if you do not flash CSC, you may run into some troubles. :P

CSC

[*]To this JD6 ROM, you need the JD9 CSC

Big thanx to who's appriciated our work 'till now!

[*]5€ Kosturica

[*]10€ Moco22

[*]10€ + 10€ Ramy

[*]10€ Winform

[*]5000 HUF Imhotep

Hi Rapid!

Great work! Unfortunately, am having difficulties downloading from 4shared!

Pls pm me a rapidshare link. Thx.

10€ coming ur way. (Confirmation number: 7X862291K96437309).

Enjoy ur beer!

Cheers

Guest Rapid81
Hi Rapid!

Great work! Unfortunately, am having difficulties downloading from 4shared!

Pls pm me a rapidshare link. Thx.

10€ coming ur way. (Confirmation number: 7X862291K96437309).

Enjoy ur beer!

Cheers

Thank you very much! :huh: I added you to the donors list in the first post.

Guest Basil Daniel

Separate Sense 2.5 Installer

We provide you a separate installer of the Sense 2.5

Steps of the install:

1. You need a light (naked) ROM with at least 100MB free space on the Device
  2. Disable any UI in "Items on Today"
  3. Install the CAB to the Device (do not let the phone to sleep in the meantime)
  4. Soft Reset
  5. Enjoy!

The cab removed from the storage, because the reset problem during the installation. I'll put back when I found the problem and fixed.

Rapid

Maybe I can solve my problem if I install the 2.5 cab on a lite version that does sync...

I am looking forward to getting this soon.

Warmest regards

Basil

Guest NewForce
Oh. So you angry to me. So be it. I have 2 different computer (all with Win7) and there was a time when my notebook made the phone to hang, and my PC didn't.

Too bad ... you've choose this approach when there's issue.

I'm having quite a number of server and desktop, 2 laptops and 2 BladeCenter H Chassis with many HS22 Blade servers in both.

Some of them running on WinXP, Win2003, Win2008, Vista, Win7 Ultimate and some of them on Linux Redhat and some CentOS.

Your rom hang on 1 of my laptop on Vista, which I'm using it to flash many WM devices without a single hiccup.

If I had time I'll try on the other server and desktop, well forget about try on my BladeCenter/BladeServer as they running on Linux/CentOS.

Guest onderduiker
Thanks but didn't work for me.

I think i have to give up on this.

:huh:

Same problem here. Every connection is working ok. So no problems with twitter, internet or e-mail.

The only thing that doesn't work is the facebook tab.

Everytime the same error: "There was a connection error while attempting to login.

Anyone got the sollution ?

And wooouuw .....it is a great rom, thanks for this one.