nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
I have flashed JH1 rom and I want to flash this sense rom(JG5 based). Does it cause a problem?Will JH1 based sense come out soon?

The JH1 is already here? Is it 6.5 or 6.5.x?

Guest pulak861

Hi rapid.... first of all thanks for your roms.... i've been using it for 2 days ( the TF3D version JG5)..... seems to be great and non lagging.... all is going well except i have two issues...

1. If i change the alarm, there is no change shown in the home screen. it says alarm off.. any solution

2. Sometimes my end key does not respond to soft press.... during this time if i press it hard for long time the device turns off.... any solution????

my EBOOT : I8000 NXX JG5

Phone : I8000 XX JF1

CSC : I8000 HEX JG5

PDA : Rapid JG5 TF3d_ENG

any solution will be appreciated... thanks again for making my O2's graphics eyecandy... Im lovin It.....

Guest Audi2Audi

Good Evening!

I am wondering if there is a setting to change to use the original call notification screen with the ability to automatically send a pre-generated SMS to the caller?

Thanks, Audi2Audi.

Guest xkill3rprox

70 plus pages, i can't possibly read all of the comments.

Will someone help me instead?

I'm using a JH2 lite ROM, will there be a problem having 2 Today Screens in my phone?

I.E this Sense 2.5 and Samsung Widget Plus? I'm sure there's enough space.

Or anybody had tried what i am about to? What problems are you guys facing?

why not JH2?

Will it include the fix for tweeter tab?

Will it include sense 2018?

Will it fix titanium?

Will you cook pure JH2 with sense?

Edited by chokia

I want to thank all of you, for your perfect work done in this rom, your support, and your answers to our questions (stupid or not).

Following your post, i managed to have a phone (O2) that works according to my needs, with a beautifull interface (sense 2.5) and not a phone that tries to satisfy the general demands.

Once again thank you :lol:

Greetings from Greece....

"why not JH2?"

I deny to answer this question.

"Will it include the fix for tweeter tab?"

The twitter tab is working fine. What's the problem with it at you?

"Will it include sense 2018?"

No. Still 2011, because no any significant improvments in 2016 or 2018.

"Will it fix titanium?"

I write it down before: If someone can fix it, I can put it into the ROM. I tried, but I cannot make it work.

"Will you cook pure JH2 with sense?"

Same as first.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest bobfrantic

Hello one and all... I spent most of today working on things on the JF5 sense rom. First of all thanks to nOObody and Rapid for all the work done to make Sense 2.5 work on our beloved Omnia II phones. I started off with the basic Sense, and was a little disappointed that it had less places for shortcuts than the TouchFlo 1.3. So I look around the internet and discovered Cookies Hometap software. Sadly the only CHT editor that worked with this rom was the 1.6.1 so I did more searching. What I found were some nice edits in the registry that can change things on all four of Sense's Home Screens making the need for CHT no longer needed.

I use PHM Regedit to go into my registry. Its good and free.

Download it here: regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

First of all you can have the notification show on the main screen with this edit in the registry:

----------------------------------------

- Disable Sense in Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

- Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.visible. When it opens,change the Value Data from 0 to 1

- Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.posY. If you want the Notification Icons in between the Calendar button and the QuickLinks,type -95 in the Value Data box.

Note:

- You can position it where ever you want,the negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posX moves it to the Left,the positive (Just the number) to the Right

The negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posY moves it down and the positive(Just the number,no - in front of it) up.

--------------------------------------

Next you can change your clock on the homepage (and the other levels too btw) with this edit:

-----------------------------------

- Disable Sense on Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

- Now,in the bottom screen you should see a lot of files labeled with a blue icon. If you have done it right,it should look a long list of files in the lower pat of the screen.

Now scroll down (In the lower screen) a bit until you see a file named Clock.layout. Tap on it.

You should get a screen where you can type the Value Data in.

- Type in one of the options (From 0 to 5) in the Value Data box

The Value Data 0 gives you a standard Digital Clock and the Weather in the normal position.

The Value Data 1 gives you a standard Digital Clock,but without the Weather.

The Value Data 2 gives you a small Digital Clock,with the Weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 3 gives you a small Analog Clock with the weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 4 gives you a big Analog Clock without the Weather.

The Value Data 5 gives you both the Analog and the Digital Clock (Digital on the left,analog on the right) And the Weather positioned just below them.

When you are done choosing,click OK and Enable HTC Sense.

-----------------------------------------

And if you don't want the weather animations on the main screen you can use this registry edit:

----------------------------------------

- Disable Sense on Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software>HTC>Manila

Look for Home.WallpaperMode and change the value from 1 to 2

Close the regeditor and restart Sense and your good to go.

In the the cOOkie folder, you have homelevel0, HomeLevel2, and HomeLevel3 also. Before you can add things to those screens you have to swipe up and down to all of them so the settings will be in the folders. They are all the same settings as you have seen in HomeLevel1.

You can have the music player show on homelevel0 the screen that comes up when you swipe to it. HomeLevel2 is where all the short cuts are located, I wouldn't play around there though. ( i did and lost most of my shortcuts and had to reinstall cOOkies HomeTab and start over LOL) If you are daring and can find where to remove the text and the background squares of the shortscuts let us know in a post please. In each level look for the things you want to show like appointments, notify, music, and the clock settings and make the changes to each level you want. they will look like NotifyIcons.Visible or Clock.visible and such.

I now have my phone how I want it, mostly in thanks to nOObody and Rapid for the great rom. I did not have trouble with Active sync freezing my phone, or any of the other troubles people have had with their phones. Lucky me LOL.

Here are some screen shots of the four HomeLevels from 0 -3:

post-746506-1284664386_thumb.jpgpost-746506-1284664424_thumb.jpg

post-746506-1284664468_thumb.jpgpost-746506-1284664625_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest virtualman

Hi nOObody & Rapid, i installed the stand alone sense 2.5 and generally works great but, My Location weather does not found a city, is there something i missed up?

Guest bobfrantic
JH1 uploaded. Sorry for the late, but the 4shared played with me. :lol:

looking for the link, sucks to be old LOL...

great rom!!!!! can't wait to upgrade from JF5

:) found it, thanks for the great stuff!!! What are the chances of CHT 1.8 working in the future without freezing the phone, not a big deal, can edit registry and get what I want, but I am basically lazy and if there is something to do the work for me, i'll use it LOL...

Edited by bobfrantic

looking for the link, sucks to be old LOL...

great rom!!!!! can't wait to upgrade from JF5

:) found it, thanks for the great stuff!!! What are the chances of CHT 1.8 working in the future without freezing the phone, not a big deal, can edit registry and get what I want, but I am basically lazy and if there is something to do the work for me, i'll use it LOL...

The CHT basically made for HTC devices and that's why the "edit layout" part freeze.

thanks man :lol: how free ram haves???

It's the same as always, ~70MB after SR, but the JH1 is not eats as many memory as the older ones.

Hi nOObody & Rapid, i installed the stand alone sense 2.5 and generally works great but, My Location weather does not found a city, is there something i missed up?

Like I mentioned in the 2nd post, the installed version has problems. Only the cooked is working properly.

Guest bobfrantic
The CHT basically made for HTC devices and that's why the "edit layout" part freeze.

Thanks for the response, will just use the regedit way then, appreciate your answer. Enjoying the JH1 for sure!!!

Have played with this new rom for a while now. I do like the HTC tack manager but I miss the samsung task "switcher" for when I am working on more than one thing. Is it possible to have a cab of the task switcher from the JH1 rom please :lol:

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest Arcobaleno

Hello all,,

i STILL have problems with my keyboard layout...

could some1 explain how i can change my keyboard layout?

de FN buttons arent completely on the right buttons

Its making me mad...

Thanks for the response, will just use the regedit way then, appreciate your answer. Enjoying the JH1 for sure!!!

Have played with this new rom for a while now. I do like the HTC tack manager but I miss the samsung task "switcher" for when I am working on more than one thing. Is it possible to have a cab of the task switcher from the JH1 rom please :)

Check the 3rd post. :lol: It's already there since the topic's made.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hello, I have a problem with this rom, whenever I try to call somebody it fails. in example 06-12345678 <--- dutch way of typing a number but it recognizes it as 061-234-5678 so does anyone know how to solve this? When flashing the rom I chose english, so does that mean it thinks i'm from the UK while i'm in a dutch network?? I'm a bit confused since sending an sms works and calling somebody doesn't.

That's the only con, might be my own fault since it was my first time flashing a rom (used the stickie'd guide, step-by-step)

The pro's; everything is good, really fast, battery endurance is fine, still lasts 5 days so that's good =-)

Greetings, John