nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Hello one and all... I spent most of today working on things on the JF5 sense rom. First of all thanks to nOObody and Rapid for all the work done to make Sense 2.5 work on our beloved Omnia II phones. I started off with the basic Sense, and was a little disappointed that it had less places for shortcuts than the TouchFlo 1.3. So I look around the internet and discovered Cookies Hometap software. Sadly the only CHT editor that worked with this rom was the 1.6.1 so I did more searching. What I found were some nice edits in the registry that can change things on all four of Sense's Home Screens making the need for CHT no longer needed.

I use PHM Regedit to go into my registry. Its good and free.

Download it here: regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

First of all you can have the notification show on the main screen with this edit in the registry:

----------------------------------------

- Disable Sense in Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

- Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.visible. When it opens,change the Value Data from 0 to 1

- Tap on a file named: NotifyIcons.posY. If you want the Notification Icons in between the Calendar button and the QuickLinks,type -95 in the Value Data box.

Note:

- You can position it where ever you want,the negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posX moves it to the Left,the positive (Just the number) to the Right

The negative (-) in NotifyIcons.posY moves it down and the positive(Just the number,no - in front of it) up.

--------------------------------------

Next you can change your clock on the homepage (and the other levels too btw) with this edit:

-----------------------------------

- Disable Sense on Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> HomeLevel1

- Now,in the bottom screen you should see a lot of files labeled with a blue icon. If you have done it right,it should look a long list of files in the lower pat of the screen.

Now scroll down (In the lower screen) a bit until you see a file named Clock.layout. Tap on it.

You should get a screen where you can type the Value Data in.

- Type in one of the options (From 0 to 5) in the Value Data box

The Value Data 0 gives you a standard Digital Clock and the Weather in the normal position.

The Value Data 1 gives you a standard Digital Clock,but without the Weather.

The Value Data 2 gives you a small Digital Clock,with the Weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 3 gives you a small Analog Clock with the weather positioned just right of it.

The Value Data 4 gives you a big Analog Clock without the Weather.

The Value Data 5 gives you both the Analog and the Digital Clock (Digital on the left,analog on the right) And the Weather positioned just below them.

When you are done choosing,click OK and Enable HTC Sense.

-----------------------------------------

And if you don't want the weather animations on the main screen you can use this registry edit:

----------------------------------------

- Disable Sense on Items on Today

- Open PHM Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software>HTC>Manila

Look for Home.WallpaperMode and change the value from 1 to 2

Close the regeditor and restart Sense and your good to go.

In the the cOOkie folder, you have homelevel0, HomeLevel2, and HomeLevel3 also. Before you can add things to those screens you have to swipe up and down to all of them so the settings will be in the folders. They are all the same settings as you have seen in HomeLevel1.

You can have the music player show on homelevel0 the screen that comes up when you swipe to it. HomeLevel2 is where all the short cuts are located, I wouldn't play around there though. ( i did and lost most of my shortcuts and had to reinstall cOOkies HomeTab and start over LOL) If you are daring and can find where to remove the text and the background squares of the shortscuts let us know in a post please. In each level look for the things you want to show like appointments, notify, music, and the clock settings and make the changes to each level you want. they will look like NotifyIcons.Visible or Clock.visible and such.

I now have my phone how I want it, mostly in thanks to nOObody and Rapid for the great rom. I did not have trouble with Active sync freezing my phone, or any of the other troubles people have had with their phones. Lucky me LOL.

Here are some screen shots of the four HomeLevels from 0 -3:

post-746506-1284664386_thumb.jpgpost-746506-1284664424_thumb.jpg

post-746506-1284664468_thumb.jpgpost-746506-1284664625_thumb.jpg

@bobfrantic

Im using JG5, and cannot find with regedit, the "cOOkie" folder, to try your twicks

Guest wanttobuylaptop

among all the roms, which is the most stable by now?

i installed JH1 and it hang quite a lot of time, when i adjusting the setting...

also, i got only 60mb after a fresh boot, and i didnt run any program..

yet, this is really a nice rom, thank you for the sharing~

Edited by wanttobuylaptop

Guest bobfrantic
@bobfrantic

Im using JG5, and cannot find with regedit, the "cOOkie" folder, to try your twicks

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> HTC -> Manila -> C00kie -> this is where to go with the regedit :lol:

Edited by bobfrantic

hi...just want to know. i'am using omnia i8000..i have installed this naked rom. like it sooo much :lol: However, i got problem with my GPS. iam using Garmin mobile xt. the first time i installed, my GPS working properly. however, after few days, its not working because THE PHONE CAN"T DETECT GPS DEVICE.

my question:

is it i have the problem with device drivers??

do i need to reinstall garmin??

Help please.. :) :(

Screen.bmp

Edited by ijan_47

Try reinstall GMXT

I have problem receiving MMS, can you help? I can send but cannot receive.

Im using Celcom

You can read back and you'll found the answer you seek.

among all the roms, which is the most stable by now?

i installed JH1 and it hang quite a lot of time, when i adjusting the setting...

also, i got only 60mb after a fresh boot, and i didnt run any program..

yet, this is really a nice rom, thank you for the sharing~

I can run every program (iGO8, Opera 10...) when I have only 20MB RAM available...

You can read back and you'll found the answer you seek.

Yeah after i read 74 pages i found your solution

That problem can fixable with the installation of the HTC Messaging Client. :lol: It was discussed a few times.

Ok here is the thing about any version of HTC messaging client once installed in your ROM ( ive tried all the avaiable versions and these are what i found:-

1. Messaging (sms) will be dissapeared from messaging list (Start>E-Mail>Messaging will be gone)

screenshot2ju.jpg

The picture shows without HTC Messaging Client installed. If you install HTC messaging you cannot see "messaging"

2. Microsoft Voice Command is UNABLE to announce and read any incoming sms because of that.

screenshot3kx.jpg

The picture shows the settings to enable MVC to announce incoming sms and email. Your incoming sms will just beep if you installed HTC messaging client

3. If anyone disabled sense (i can see you provide the Sense On/Off app) for whatever reason, sms will not be listed on std today screen.

screenshot1aq.jpg

Standard Today screen with Messaging (sms) being listed (without HTC mesaging client installed). If you installed hTC messaging client, sms will not appear in that list

The abovementioned 3 reasons are good for me NOT to install any HTC messaging client.

So I need other solution to enable MMS Receiving without installing any HTC Messaging Client.

Anyone?

Edited by chokia

Try reinstall GMXT

I have problem receiving MMS, can you help? I can send but cannot receive.

Im using Celcom

HI,

still can't detect the gps device even i reinstall. tried to test using GPStest, but still can't detect the built in gps device B) tried using GPSModDriver, but stil fail so frustated B)

did i need to flash back to other rom? this rom might not compatible with my device... :lol:

Guest amor1987

guys, sorry to bother you, but is it possible for anyone to upload with zshare, cause i tried four times to download the file Rapid_JE2_Sense_V4.2_ENG.7z, but it estimates 6 hours to completion. after half an hour it drops me out. thanks a lot please help me i need this rom

thanks agene

:lol: B) B) :lol: :lol: :) :o :o ;) ;) :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D

Guest wanttobuylaptop
I can run every program (iGO8, Opera 10...) when I have only 20MB RAM available...

becos of ur words mate, this is gonna be my permanent sense UI ~~

thanks ya!!!!

Guest bobfrantic

Well I am yet another trying to find a solution to the MMS situation. I have been through the entire thread and did not find a fix that works. I have tried HTC messaging 2016, and 2018 to no avail. I tried another rom from NRGZ who has MMS working, and has cookie hometab and editors working with the new release of CHT 2.0 beta. Only problem with his rom is it is a ram hog and phone ends up being non responsive until it requires a reboot. So I am wondering how is it he can get MMS and CHT editor working on his roms, yet I can't get MMS working on Rapid's. I know I know this has been bantered about until it is an inch from death in this thread. It is the only thing in RapidXXJH1 that doesn't work for me. Everything else works great and it doesn't eat as much ram. So... I will stick with this, and hope that one day (s00n) someone will have a working fix for MMS. Thanks to n00body and Rapid for all the hard work to bring Sense to our O2 phones. Beats the heck out of the stock software Samsung provide on a great phone...

Guest emptyara
Well I am yet another trying to find a solution to the MMS situation. I have been through the entire thread and did not find a fix that works. I have tried HTC messaging 2016, and 2018 to no avail. I tried another rom from NRGZ who has MMS working, and has cookie hometab and editors working with the new release of CHT 2.0 beta. Only problem with his rom is it is a ram hog and phone ends up being non responsive until it requires a reboot. So I am wondering how is it he can get MMS and CHT editor working on his roms, yet I can't get MMS working on Rapid's. I know I know this has been bantered about until it is an inch from death in this thread. It is the only thing in RapidXXJH1 that doesn't work for me. Everything else works great and it doesn't eat as much ram. So... I will stick with this, and hope that one day (s00n) someone will have a working fix for MMS. Thanks to n00body and Rapid for all the hard work to bring Sense to our O2 phones. Beats the heck out of the stock software Samsung provide on a great phone...

MMS working flawlessly... just need to install samsung's my file (file manager's cab from twu's JH2) :lol: ,

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nium-sense-2-1/

Guest becosemsaida

After trying nrg's roms (sorry force of habit from my former htc devices) and untill now having a lot of problems with it i decided to give this one another try.

Flashed and configured my device as i need, still after s.r about 70mb free and after 3 day without doing a soft reset about 50mb of free memory, just enough to use it on a daily basis without crashing.

I only have a HUGE problem with this rom and can't find out why: if i loose my carrier signal it doesn't re-connect with my carrier. Since gsm covering is a bit deficient here wher i work i have to restart (flight mode and start phone again) every time i loose my signal. Any solution. I flashed with the recomended parts...

Great rom and keep it up.......

MMS working flawlessly... just need to install samsung's my file (file manager's cab from twu's JH2) :lol: ,

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nium-sense-2-1/

You mean you 're using Rapid JH1 ROM but you installed twu's JH2 file manager cab and you are able to receive MMS without installing HTC Messaging Client?

If yes can you attach just the cab here, since TWU JH2 cab are all in one in 3 parts big files 45+45+28MB.

Please attach the file manager JH2 cab here will do.

Thanks,

Edited by chokia

ive tried to use your rom and it works great..

but when i tried to use the windows mobile device center it cant be detected ( previously it was detected)

has anyone experienced this kind of problem?

does it have something to do with the jd6, je2 etc version? coz i used the jd6 version,,

and last question, what's the difference with the tf3d and sense..

hehe thanks again dude

Guest becosemsaida
After trying nrg's roms (sorry force of habit from my former htc devices) and untill now having a lot of problems with it i decided to give this one another try.

Flashed and configured my device as i need, still after s.r about 70mb free and after 3 day without doing a soft reset about 50mb of free memory, just enough to use it on a daily basis without crashing.

I only have a HUGE problem with this rom and can't find out why: if i loose my carrier signal it doesn't re-connect with my carrier. Since gsm covering is a bit deficient here wher i work i have to restart (flight mode and start phone again) every time i loose my signal. Any solution. I flashed with the recomended parts...

Great rom and keep it up.......

Re-flashed with recomended parts and still have the same problem. Anyone can help me out with this?????

Guest cls1976

Hi,

the default GPS COM is COM4. i am using Garmin.

for those who failed to detect GPS device and Satelite signal,

you can change the COM to COM7 instead of COM4.

it should works.

Thanks,

Edited by cls1976