nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest turnado1979

do you plan to make a lite rom with the sense i would prefer it if not contains the unnecessary samsung app just the basics

if you accept my suggestion i want to you keep only (Samsung dialer phone book call log, java, touch player, clock, calculator, photo album) whic it is necessary

thanks

Guest insane73
Seems I can't get this area to appear in english, trying w/no csc and original ij6 csc as well as the one provided in the original post.

post-669058-1272825283.png

After reflashing w/out a csc I have no problems with the text there, trying again w/my original csc, then going back to none to see if any other errors pop up. Maybe I was having trouble w/octanes/flashing the wrong csc. Looks like chteditor is semi-working. Crashes sense when I try to change the home layout.

I read over 300 posts and did a search.

Maybe it is right in front of my eyes, but can someone tell me how to correct this to english instead of flashing with no csc, as it states that is not recommended.

I did select english in the dropdown menu also. The only option for english was "english(uk)"

Thank you.

I flashed JD9 csc along with

JD6 4.2 nbo

with Octans 2.14

Solved...

It was in fact right under my nose. I went into regional settings and changed to english Canada. Voila.

I am a newbie, so maybe this helps another.

Funny that this is the issue I had and all of the ones I have read about I was able to conquer.

Thanks for this great release.

Much better than the other one that people had told me is the best....not even close to this.

Edited by insane73

Dear all,

PArdon me if someone had asked before. I just bought a I8000 few days ago and immediately after that I loaded my unit with the V4.2 JJ rom, with all other parts (Eboot / CSC / Phone) all from JJ series firmware.

The biggest problem I encountered so far, GarminXT. No matter how hard I tried, with or without Gpsgate, it does not work ! Mine is 5.0.30 version. Anyone can shed some light here ?

All others no problem, Igo8, Igo Primo, Papago, Sygic, Mapking 2007 (with gpsgate). I never tried out Tomtom as it's not my favourite.

Thanks in advance.

Edit :

-----------------------

My current settings.

Program : COM4

Hardware : COM9, baud 9600

Access : enable [Manage GPS automatically]

gpsgate settings (only for mapking 2007) :

----------------------

Incoming : COM4 baud 9600 => running ok

Outgoing : Virtual Com / NEMA => COM6

Edited by amdxp

Hi guys

I have a question, i8000 with custom ROM version n00bodiho Rapid_JJ1 (21,916) _Sense_ENG -------- good ROM THX --------------

but i have problem with automatic turn off the backlights.

I tried all possible settings but only after defined time in seconds for example 10,30,60 sec the display dims a little but when display have to go completely backlight off this not working!!! (still ON)

I was tried on batt or on ext power .

only working if I push button on the side backlight goes OFF and when I hold side button phone is lock and backlight goes after off as well,

........... any ideas?

THX Vladimir

Guest 10chrissi10

Hi,

I'm happy with your rom.

But I have a problem. If I select the german keyboard and I want to do a softreset , it stucks after your windows 7 start-animation. (black screen)

I've flashed with the csc from JF4, in other lite-roms i could only change the language and everything is working well, even after a soft reset.

Do I have to install german keyboard.

Thanks

Guest Rapid81
Hi,

I'm happy with your rom.

But I have a problem. If I select the german keyboard and I want to do a softreset , it stucks after your windows 7 start-animation. (black screen)

I've flashed with the csc from JF4, in other lite-roms i could only change the language and everything is working well, even after a soft reset.

Do I have to install german keyboard.

Thanks

Yes, you need to install the allkeyboardlayout.cab. You'll found it in the 3rd post.

Guest Welll84

Hello Rapid & no0b...

Thanks for ur gr8 works on this release...

got a noob question here :P

I used to hv s8000 b4,but changed to i8000 recently :D ....bought a 2nd hand unit i8000 with (custom ROM) but flashed to the latest F/Ware

Question :

1- how / can i flash my omnia 2 GT i8000 using ur ROM...?

2- what's the different between your Sense 2.5 / ROMs TF3D 1.3 ROMs...?

This is my current ROM details :

1. Device : PDA - I8000NXXJJ1

CSC - I8000PROJJ1

PHONE - I8000XXJJ1

2. Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21895 (build 21895.5.0.90)

*** Sorry for my poor English :P ***

***EDIT / UPDATE***

Flashed with ur new ROM <So Far So GooD B) >

Device : PDA - RAPIDNXXJJ1

CSC - I8000PROJJ1

PHONE - I8000XXJJ1

Edited by Welll84

Rapid: Can I humbly ask for a rom based on some version of WinMO that has a dithering issue fixed? Your rom is almost perfect for me aside from that little glitch.

Guest Rapid81
Rapid: Can I humbly ask for a rom based on some version of WinMO that has a dithering issue fixed? Your rom is almost perfect for me aside from that little glitch.

What kind of dithering issue?

Well I suppose it may not be a dithering issue. But it looks like a banding on colors that closely resemble each other.

Look here for what I mean The effect is present on any bitmap on the screen, regardless whether it is a wallpaper or some element of a skin or... anything really

One WinMO version that don't have that problem is 29007.

Thank you for any help you can give :D

Edited by mat9v

Guest Rapid81
Well I suppose it may not be a dithering issue. But it looks like a banding on colors that closely resemble each other.

Look here for what I mean The effect is present on any bitmap on the screen, regardless whether it is a wallpaper or some element of a skin or... anything really

One WinMO version that don't have that problem is 29007.

Thank you for any help you can give :D

Ah. I see.

The only problem is, the 29007 is 6.5.3 and the Sense is goes to white squares on 6.5.X ROMs.

Nice work with ROM.

Can somebody tell me, what is the contact-list application inside ROM. It's really great, I have never seen it before. Thank you for reply.

Seems I have to give up. No 6.5.0 rom has the problem fixed, tried a lot of them. As to white squares on 6.5.3, I'm currently using Energy rom based on 29007 (his default rom) and have not seen that problem yet. Even when overclocking. Now it does not mean that it won't happen but maybe the problem is fixed in that version? Might I ask for you to check that out?

Guest Rapid81
Seems I have to give up. No 6.5.0 rom has the problem fixed, tried a lot of them. As to white squares on 6.5.3, I'm currently using Energy rom based on 29007 (his default rom) and have not seen that problem yet. Even when overclocking. Now it does not mean that it won't happen but maybe the problem is fixed in that version? Might I ask for you to check that out?

I have a 29007 version naked ROM, and I'm thinking about to create the TF3D and Sense version too, but I'm not decided yet.

Guest honming
I have a 29007 version naked ROM, and I'm thinking about to create the TF3D and Sense version too, but I'm not decided yet.

hi rapid,

i am using your JJI TF3D rom and very satisfactory, it is happy that if you create the TF3D and Sense 29007 version too ;)

Can somebody tell me, what is the contact-list application inside ROM. It's really great, I have never seen it before. Thank you for reply.

Nobody knows ??

Hi guys

I have a question, i8000 with custom ROM version n00bodiho Rapid_JJ1 (21,916) _Sense_ENG -------- good ROM THX --------------

but i have problem with automatic turn off the backlights.

I tried all possible settings but only after defined time in seconds for example 10,30,60 sec the display dims a little but when display have to go completely backlight off this not working!!! (still ON)

I was tried on batt or on ext power .

only working if I push button on the side backlight goes OFF and when I hold side button phone is lock and backlight goes after off as well,

........... any ideas?

THX Vladimir

fix founded

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BacklightOff]

“bkl1:”=dword:00000003

“Flags”=dword:10010000

@=dword:00000000

after 30 sec off backlight and when touch the screen is back, side button works normaly

;)