nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest avantgarde280
You found it in the 3rd post. Your welcome! I did not tried, but it needs to work.

thnx rapid...it work..:-P

Guest anpho
I just browse the CSC_I8000NXXJD9.CSC to the Octans. I selected the EUR, and these are the available languages:

Thx man... now it's fixed... :huh: I was using octans mini before and it kept showing me portuguese only as the available language... I flashed with octans 2.14 now and it's working great. :P

The only little problem now i still have is that i can't install the original bootscreen cab. It keeps saying installation unsuccesful.

Guest bluhound
The rom is great but i have a strange problem. When i put my sim in the phone, it doesn't recognise that there is a new sim in the phone so i can get the mms, wap and internet from my carrier, and when i go to the connections all i can see is the Orange connections that u are using i suppose... Is there a way so I can fix this?

Other than that great rom.

Thanks

The ROM automatically sets Vodaphone on my mobile. I am not able to use GPRS. Please suggest a solution that works in Pakistan.

Try this. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\UAsetting. If Activate is set to 1, change it to 0 and soft reset. The 'Data Connection' setting should pop up. It worked for me. Using EIJD5 CSC. Was browsing through several CSCs and found this key to be interesting.

Edited by bluhound

Guest Rapid81

I uploaded an MS My Phone installer made by me and it's contains the livelocation too. You found it in the 3rd post.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest ahillies

Hi, Rapid, Thks for the excellent ROM.

Had the same problem with some of the pple. ie., phone hanged when attempting to activesyn using Vista (had the same prblem with your TF3D 1.3)

However, i do not have any issue when using WinXP or WM7 64 bits. :huh:

Thks again for the great ROM . :P

Hun

Edited by ahillies

Guest Rapid81

CAB:

I removed the 2 files what caused the problem, but now the installer says, the files does not digitally signed. :huh:

Now I'm signing the files one-by-one, then try again.

Guest onderduiker
:huh:

Same problem here. Every connection is working ok. So no problems with twitter, internet or e-mail.

The only thing that doesn't work is the facebook tab.

Everytime the same error: "There was a connection error while attempting to login.

Anyone got the sollution ?

And wooouuw .....it is a great rom, thanks for this one.

eh... don't know wich one was the solution, but I did two things:

I made a the registery change where "bluhound" was talking about. No Data connection pop up, but whatever......

and I played a bit with the register and changed HKLM software HTC FacebookSDK FirstUse from 1 to 0

After that I rebooted and it is working !

Edited by onderduiker

Guest willis111
Can't wait to get a Sense UI cab that works!!

Man you work so hard! :huh:

I would perfer oems myself. There is a sense cab that works ... http://www.modaco.com/content-page/301769/...0/#entry1223945 bugs I had were unable to change wallpaper without a registry editor and nothing in the settings panel seemed to work. I imagine google would shed a little light (probably through xda developers) but some fully functional oems would be sweet. When I convert the needed cabs to oems it errors out in buildOS constantly. I tried a few times using the oems from ppckitchen.org but same thing with erroring out in buildOS :P

Guest Rapid81

Now the CAB install properly, and the Sense starts, but I signed every dll, exe and mui, and now some things doesn't works. How the hell am I able to identify which files signed and which not? :huh:

292 files needs to check are signed or not. I think this will take a while.

Needs to create separate installers to every files to determine the sign status. I don't know any other way to do this.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest manost

Has anyone tried to install the 05. fi. Phone Canvas 3.40.1920.1930.cab so to change the dialer from samsung's to htc's?

I want to give it a try and reflash the rom, so to make the registry changes that onderduiker and bluhound did, to see if i will be able to finally connect to facebook tab. At my first time i installed Phone Canvas, but after rebooting phone froze. I had to reflash and i didn't try to install Canvas again.

Guest muchospesos

Can I add custom weather locations same as with TF 1.3? Thanks Rapid. This is so goodlooking, fast and stable!

I'm also having problems with activesync. I removed everything linking to O2 including drivers and MDC. Still hangs. What the heck is wrong?

Well anyway. I have so similiar taste with you that this rom is still superb. If someone only could solve the problem with activesync..

EDIT: Found this tool for adding custom weather locations: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141 and tried without success. Any suggestions?

EDIT2: This tool is working. I don't know if it really matters but I deleted 1 city from my own country (Finland) which I don't use and the added my own city. I recommend everyone to use this tool even though it has some font issues aka white on white.

Edited by muchospesos

Guest Rapid81

Who has the AS problem, try this:

Go to Settings\USB connection settings on the phone and disable the advanced networking, then plug the phone to PC.

Guest Shadowy
Who has the AS problem, try this:

Go to Settings\USB connection settings on the phone and disable the advanced networking, then plug the phone to PC.

Still the same hanging unfortunately. I flashed with the JD9 CSC. When I connect to my Vista laptop, a USB connection dialogue which I've never seen before appears on the phone. It says 'connecting to host' then 'connection authenticated'. WMDC tries to start but then the phone hangs.

Guest Du5aN
Still the same hanging unfortunately. I flashed with the JD9 CSC. When I connect to my Vista laptop, a USB connection dialogue which I've never seen before appears on the phone. It says 'connecting to host' then 'connection authenticated'. WMDC tries to start but then the phone hangs.

Rapid81, unfortunately I have the same problem with phone freeze via ActiveSync in Windows 7 32-bit. :P

Otherwise, the rom is great, fast and stable! :huh:

Guest JezzyJeff

Hi everybody,

I've go a strange problem nobody else reports so far. flashing the rom including the mentioned csc works just finde, but after flashing is done, the phone boots, i see the windows 7 startup screen, but after this the screen just remains black.

since i've read about the issues occured with active x i tried to unplug the phone right after flashing is complete, but screen still remains black after the startup screen. also tried several hard resets before and after flashing, waiting for 10 - 15 minutes but nothing happened so far.

anybody got a solution? i'd really love to try this rom since it's something i've been waiting for since day 1^^

ty in advance and greetings from germany

JJ

Guest redzone321

I have the AS problem. I have not had a change to investigate yet. i did set up active sync via the phone and not the pc. When i get home i will try plugging it in while in USB mode to see if that works.

Guest willis111
Please who has the AS problem!

Do you use Outlook?

As works fine here, I had to re-install drivers the first time I plugged the phone in but I've noticed it with a few roms.

Been using the rom a day now and it seem pretty stable though trying to overclock it fixes that most of the time, crashes as soon as I open gpio settings. Seems like a pretty good rom though, if I can give a little constructive criticism I would say this rom has a bit of "bloatware" kicking around in there. A few things could be ripped out to make it an optimized rom, there are a few media players (windows media player, touch player etc) which are pretty nice in their own ways but 1 superior player might be better, same thing with the today screens, file explorers etc. This is just my humble opinion and don't get me wrong, the rom is great just the way it is.

Edited by willis111

Guest Du5aN
Please who has the AS problem!

Do you use Outlook?

I use Outlook, but not for sync contacts with phone.

For that I use Samsung Kies, but now the program does not detect my phone.

Guest jmsmartins

today i teste the rom during all day and i must say it's faster than the other versions of sense2.5 i´ve tryed. not as fast as other interfaces but still ok.

i think everything is working as it should, just didn't test gps..

congrats guys