How to install font after rooting?

Guest kiedamrong

Guest kiedamrong

Hello, i've successfully rooted my legend following Paul's method. Thank you very much for that Paul!! you really are the man! :P

Now i'm a Thai language user and i was trying install Thai fonts following the steps i used previously with Hero by using Terminal Emulator with this command below:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cp /sdcard/fonts/* /system/fonts

However it doesn't seem to work, it just kept saying "cp not found" in Terminal Emulator after I enter this command above. Paul or anyone can you please advise how can i install Thai fonts please? thank you in advance. :D

Guest Tantamount
Hello, i've successfully rooted my legend following Paul's method. Thank you very much for that Paul!! you really are the man! :)

Now i'm a Thai language user and i was trying install Thai fonts following the steps i used previously with Hero by using Terminal Emulator with this command below:

mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cp /sdcard/fonts/* /system/fonts

However it doesn't seem to work, it just kept saying "cp not found" in Terminal Emulator after I enter this command above. Paul or anyone can you please advise how can i install Thai fonts please? thank you in advance. ;)

I'm trying to do the same (Thai fonts). Its the main reason I came to this site to find out how to root the HTC Desire. I followed the excellent tutorial on rooting and eventually got that sorted. I went about installing the fonts it in a slightly different way (remotely using the SDK) and am stuck in a different place.

But to answer your question; I think the reason you don't have the cp command is because busybox isn't installed. There is an easy way of installing it by downloading "Titanium Backup" from the "Market" and once that is installed, press the "Problem" button. It will detect that busybox isn't installed, download and install it.

• 1 month later...