Problem with calling only in Movistar

Guest choloxinzo

Guest choloxinzo

Hi! Sorry my english.

This is the current status of my phone

Pda: I8000NXXJD1

CSC: I8000EURJD4

phone: I8000XXJD1

The phone is released by IMEI and works perfectly with Orange and Vodafone, but with Movistar I cant send or receive calls. 3G network picks up perfectly and I can surf the Internet but not make calls or receive them.

What do you recommend? Thanks

Guest MenosOcho
Hi! Sorry my english.

This is the current status of my phone

Pda: I8000NXXJD1

CSC: I8000EURJD4

phone: I8000XXJD1

The phone is released by IMEI and works perfectly with Orange and Vodafone, but with Movistar I cant send or receive calls. 3G network picks up perfectly and I can surf the Internet but not make calls or receive them.

What do you recommend? Thanks

you should provide more info like, where are you located (spain, argentina, chile, etc) because Movistar is on many countries, what happen when you dial?, can you dial some carrier number like *555 or 911? did you veirfy if you IMEI was changed to 0000000000000 (all zeros)?

are you tried with another chip from Movistar? (your chip can be FW to another number or restricted, like 3G modems)

Guest choloxinzo

Thank you! Im located in spain, i flash to JD7 csc ( I select FOP for my country) today with some results. When a friend callme he ear "The operation is not available". Also i cant send or recive sms. The imei in my phone is correct, i cant call with another carrier card( vodafone, orange) but not with Movistar.

I open secret menu with #1546792*# and set the password *#81230*# in preconfiguration, i can choose "Vodafone" "Orange" "BBVA" "Yoigo" and.... "TELEFONICA(Its movistar). If I choose Telefonica nothing happens but If I choose anothers carriers configuration the phone restarts.

I have this configuration today

CSC_I8000NXXJD7.CSC

PDA_I8000NXXJD4_HW_40.MST

Phone_I8000XXJD1.bin

-Yes, I tried another chips Movistar and the results some =.

The only that i didnt flash was the EBOOT JD7.

Thank you :)

you should provide more info like, where are you located (spain, argentina, chile, etc) because Movistar is on many countries, what happen when you dial?, can you dial some carrier number like *555 or 911? did you veirfy if you IMEI was changed to 0000000000000 (all zeros)?

are you tried with another chip from Movistar? (your chip can be FW to another number or restricted, like 3G modems)

Edited by choloxinzo

Guest MenosOcho
The only that i didnt flash was the EBOOT JD7.

Thank you :)

Flash eboot isn't a problem if you already flashed another part. flash eboot is dangerous the first time, because if something fail because wrong config or PC problem, you'll get a broken phone.

In fact, i've a i8000L and i flashed all parts, but not the Phone. If you have a i8000, i think that you can flash all parts, using an open market rom.

FOP choice is ok.

The "The operation is not available" is odd, it sound like your chip is rejecting the call (remember that autom.forward, enable conference, etc, are store in the chip, not on your phone), have you tried use your chip with other phone? or have you tried use a different Movistar's chip ?

try keep synchronized the CSC and PDA version, different eboot should not affect your phone, except if you are upgrading from to WM6.1 to 6.5

Edited by MenosOcho