Opera Rotation Fix

Guest Snow02

To stop the auto-rotation you need something like SKTools that will let you view services. Stop the Motion Agent service. Of course this will stop motion sensing globally, but at least for me that's not a problem.

Manual rotation still works fine.

Here's a link to a free task manager that can start/stop services.

Link

Edited by Snow02

Guest Rapid81
To stop the auto-rotation you need something like SKTools that will let you view services. Stop the Motion Agent service. Of course this will stop motion sensing globally, but at least for me that's not a problem.

If you remove the rotationsupport.lnk from the startup, should do it too. :P

Edited by Rapid81

Guest dani_carrabba

Manual rotation still works fine.

Here's a link to a free task manager that can start/stop services.

Link

is dotfred can force kill manila.exe?? its imposible with others task manager

Guest Snow02

Nah, at least in SKTools, just change the service to manual, instead of auto.

If you stop it, and leave it set to auto, it will remain off until you restart or manually restart it.

If you stop it, and then set it to manual, it will stay off until you manually restart it.

I like having it turned off so I can leave opera open and not have to constantly exit-restart-exit-restart all day, and not have it rotate my phone every five seconds when I try to use other programs. Much better now.

Edited by Snow02

Guest HotKgon
If you remove the rotationsupport.lnk from the startup, should do it too. :)

He is referring to how the screen turns on uber auto-rotate only when opera is running either in the foreground or in the background.

Guest eric2k

from PPCG

I have repackaged Opera 10 with the following enhancements:

* No prompts to make it the default browser or launch

o This makes it possible to use during UC/XDAUC/Sashimi without a custom mort script

* Default Browser is set to Opera 10

* Rotation is available based on your download selection

* Flash Lite is included in the package (all credit to JuggaloX)

* File associations are set to Opera 10 for HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML, WGT, WML, WMLC

How do I choose a version?

* BASE - Includes the Browser, sets it as default, and sets the files association.

* FL - Includes the Flash Lite files baked in

* RO - Includes screen rotation

Additiona Info

* Rotation may not work on all ROMS

* I put this together very quickly, so please let me know if any of the builds have problems. I only tested the one I use, but they are scripted builds, so it should work well.

* Flash support seems to be baked in (for what ever it is worth). You can turn on plug-ins and check it out. I am leaving the option to include FlashLite 3.1 because it is already built.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114461

To download

Guest HotKgon
Nope. Still rotates. Thanks for the post though.

Hopes went up reading the earlier posts but then plummeted after reading yours. ;)

Thanks for testing it snow.

Guess we still need to wait patiently for a fix. :)

Guest Goodge

Opera auto-rotation is incredibly annoying...it should only auto-rotate when Opera is the foreground application, not when it's hidden!

• 5 months later...
Opera auto-rotation is incredibly annoying...it should only auto-rotate when Opera is the foreground application, not when it's hidden!

Yeah thats the worst part about it...it will rotate every app when its running, even home screen or mobile shell.

I can not believe theres no registry setting or program setting to turn this garbage off.

If you turn off the rotation service it will also disable ettiquite mode (turning your phone over to mute sound) -- which I need.