Octans is driving me crazy!

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm

It just does not work well at all with 7 x64! Sadly, this is what ALL my computers are. If I could just flash my phone, I can start releasing ROMS for the O2

Thanks for listening to my rant!

:)

Rob

Guest kdkinc
It just does not work well at all with 7 x64! Sadly, this is what ALL my computers are. If I could just flash my phone, I can start releasing ROMS for the O2

Rob

Your using full Octans...

Did the 64 drivers take?? its a bit tricky Plus did you do the f8 thing on pc reboot??

also try switching usb ports ( I know weird )

;) :D

Edited by kdkinc

Guest RoyalDrew
Your using full Octans...

Did the 64 drivers take?? its a bit tricky Plus did you do the f8 thing on pc reboot??

also try switching usb ports ( I know weird )

:) ;)

Yea f8 on boot and turn off the driver security is the only way i know of getting it to work on x64.. Win7 32bit doesn't require this.

Guest odeveca25

Rob

It took me about almost a week to get it working on my win 7 x64, and I thought i would never get it to work and i finally got it to work almost when i was about to give up. the problem i was having was that windows wasn't installing the Samsung MITs usb driver when my phone was connected to the computer. Then I was fooling around with my phone settings to see if there was something that needed to be changed. So i disabled the Enable advanced network functionality option and it immediately started to download and install the Samsung MITs usb driver. Then i was able to switch the driver with the one provided in the guide which was a little tricky because it has to detect that driver when your shut down your phone and it begins charging.

Guest amdzero

Rob

It is tricky, my laptop (main computer) has win7 64-bit installed. I had to play with it for a while before I figured it out. Hang in there...

any plans on a ROM for the O2?

Guest Snow02

Yeah, it most definitely does work on win 7 x64. First make sure you get the driver to install. Then make sure to run octans in xp sp3 mode. Octans will report the OS it thinks it's running under in the box at the bottom. What exactly is the issue?

Edited by Snow02