speakerphone -mic location? switchable?

Guest whosi8000u

Correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK, i8000 has 3 microphones

- bottom for regular phone,

- right edge, top, for speakerphone,

- front screen, bottom right corner, for noise cancellation?

Does anyone know, when I plug in my earphone, which connected to my car's AUX-in, which microphone is being used? can I chage it in registry (that suit Left Side driving in North America)? Otherwise it's tricky to mount my phone holder, I was asked to speak louder often...

My phone also came with screen protector, looks like it got the noise cancellation mic totally covered up, should I make a small hole there? :)

Anyone have similar problems?

Edited by whosi8000u

Guest kawgirlval69
Correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK, i8000 has 3 microphones

- bottom for regular phone,

- right edge, top, for speakerphone,

- front screen, bottom right corner, for noise cancellation?

Does anyone know, when I plug in my earphone, which connected to my car's AUX-in, which microphone is being used? can I chage it in registry (that suit Left Side driving in North America)? Otherwise it's tricky to mount my phone holder, I was asked to speak louder often...

My phone also came with screen protector, looks like it got the noise cancellation mic totally covered up, should I make a small hole there? :)

Anyone have similar problems?

no.. top right hole is for the strap....only mic is on the bottom under the send key there is no mic for the screen protector to cover....

Edited by kawgirlval69

Guest whosi8000u
no.. top right hole is for the strap....only mic is on the bottom under the send key there is no mic for the screen protector to cover....

Well, I confirmed that my screen protector covered a tiny dust, making a prefect circle only.

But according to the Omnia2 manual, on the "RIGHT" edge, above the "sleep" button, is the microphone for speakerphone.... Unless this is the one used for noise cancellation only?

so, which one would be the main microphone in speakerphone mode? which one will be NC mic? remains the question...

Guest kawgirlval69
Well, I confirmed that my screen protector covered a tiny dust, making a prefect circle only.

But according to the Omnia2 manual, on the "RIGHT" edge, above the "sleep" button, is the microphone for speakerphone.... Unless this is the one used for noise cancellation only?

so, which one would be the main microphone in speakerphone mode? which one will be NC mic? remains the question...

sorry i was thinking the left side....thats what i get for talking on the phone while typing....lol sorry yes that is the speakerphone one... nothing is on the front screen though.... i believe from looking at the schematic that the upper is the mic but there is no worry on the side or no need to flip the phone around even if it was the mic on the bottom the mics are so sensitive they pick up well...the small distance is irrevelant.. hope this helps

not switchable registry wise as far as i know

Edited by kawgirlval69