HELP! Not able to send/recieve SMS!

Guest blaziblade

Guest blaziblade

Im using n00body and rapid's Sense 2.5 ROM (V4.2) and i am VERY happy with it. except for one MINOR issue.

I was not able to recieve any sms today when i 1st switched on my phone.

Problem:

** i was using S2U2 with show sms ON and dismiss a SMS once its viewed ON

** Text home tab was enabled in The Sense 2.5 UI

My screen Lighted Up from blank when i sent a sms to my phone.

No alert/vibration/sound popped out, No new messages or read mesages or deleted messages in my Inbox. NOT A SINGLE TRACE OF THE SMS I SENT.

Solution i thought of:

Soft resetted and it worked for awhile and after 1hours++ of sleep mode (Blank screen) i wasnt able to receive any SMS again.

Having failed, i Disabled the Text Home tab on sense 2.5 and soft resetted the device.

And i was finally able to send/recieve SMS for the rest of the day (another 3hours perhaps?)

And until now i am still able to send/ receive smses.

** i will test it for one more day until i decide what to do with my phone. (reflash with another ROM)

SO MY QUESTION IS.

Did the Sense 2.5 ROM cause this?

OR

Did my service provider failed to provide quality service? (Singtel from Singapore =P)

OR

is it some other settings i might have missed out while flashing?

SOME INFO:

Network settings were all to factory's default. NOT TOUCHED

VERSION

PDA: RAPIDNXXJE2

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2 (was flashed from a JD9 CSC)

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Guest MenosOcho

put the chip in another phone and try, if you can send/receive sms, then the problem is the ROM, or wrong configuration.

Guest skoda60
Im using n00body and rapid's Sense 2.5 ROM (V4.2) and i am VERY happy with it. except for one MINOR issue.

I was not able to recieve any sms today when i 1st switched on my phone.

Problem:

** i was using S2U2 with show sms ON and dismiss a SMS once its viewed ON

** Text home tab was enabled in The Sense 2.5 UI

My screen Lighted Up from blank when i sent a sms to my phone.

No alert/vibration/sound popped out, No new messages or read mesages or deleted messages in my Inbox. NOT A SINGLE TRACE OF THE SMS I SENT.

Solution i thought of:

Soft resetted and it worked for awhile and after 1hours++ of sleep mode (Blank screen) i wasnt able to receive any SMS again.

Having failed, i Disabled the Text Home tab on sense 2.5 and soft resetted the device.

And i was finally able to send/recieve SMS for the rest of the day (another 3hours perhaps?)

And until now i am still able to send/ receive smses.

** i will test it for one more day until i decide what to do with my phone. (reflash with another ROM)

SO MY QUESTION IS.

Did the Sense 2.5 ROM cause this?

OR

Did my service provider failed to provide quality service? (Singtel from Singapore =P)

OR

is it some other settings i might have missed out while flashing?

SOME INFO:

Network settings were all to factory's default. NOT TOUCHED

VERSION

PDA: RAPIDNXXJE2

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2 (was flashed from a JD9 CSC)

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Rapid ROMs have a problem on Auto selection of SIM Card on the first booted up. So you need goto setting -> connections -> Operator setting. See whether it was Singtel selected. if not, You choose any other. after it initialised. Goto select Singtel and waited finished the initialised. then sms should worked for you. But for surfing the internet, you need to manually set. You can find out from Singtel how the setting.

I was on M1 service, first time I bring the phone to m1 customer service to learn how the setting. So no problem. But have problem on mms and I never used mms was ok for me.

Guest skivs
Rapid ROMs have a problem on Auto selection of SIM Card on the first booted up. So you need goto setting -> connections -> Operator setting. See whether it was Singtel selected. if not, You choose any other. after it initialised. Goto select Singtel and waited finished the initialised. then sms should worked for you. But for surfing the internet, you need to manually set. You can find out from Singtel how the setting.

I was on M1 service, first time I bring the phone to m1 customer service to learn how the setting. So no problem. But have problem on mms and I never used mms was ok for me.

Hi Blaziblade,

Alternatively you can try to do a RESTORE NETWORK CONNECTION:

tap START>SETTINGS>NETWORK SETTINGS>RESTORE CONNECTION