Omnia II i8000L and Octans

Guest ThEGraVmaN

Guest ThEGraVmaN

Anyone else having issues getting Octans to see their phone? I installed the Samsung CDMA drivers on a system with XP64 and another with XP32 and neither sees my phone. ActiveSync works fine on both systems. The phone was originally from Bell and I'm using it on Rogers now so I really need to reflash.

Between this and the GPS issues, I'm beginning to wonder if this phone was a mistake to buy.

Thnx

Guest jebise

worked fine for me there are updated win7 drivers that you may want to try, make sure the phone is off and the hit detect and then plug in the usb cable. Whats wrong with GPS?

Edited by jebise

Guest Frentraken

I had issues on flashing too, my system would auto install the newest driver. I had to uninstall the driver then (With the internet disabled on laptop.) install the one that can be found in the flashing topic. This got me flashing with no problems.

Guest kawgirlval69

im using w7 and installed the cdma and xp 32 drivers... works fine for me...i flash something new once a week to try .... i just turn on phone and have it plugged in set up octans...hit detect...turn off phone... and it detects every time....

Guest ThEGraVmaN
worked fine for me there are updated win7 drivers that you may want to try, make sure the phone is off and the hit detect and then plug in the usb cable. Whats wrong with GPS?

I couldn't get TomTom working as it was saying I had low signal strength. I installed GpsModDriver and that was a huge improvement in signal but, it just barely got a lock and gawd forbid I move.

I'll try that connection procedure and look for those w7 drivers but, the search on the site is very.... vague. Lots and lots of unrelated hits. Just nothing going my way with any of this.

Thank you everyone, let you know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...