[ROM]Ninja4hire *OmniaPhone7* (DG21) v3.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
Awesome! Thank you! Do you have a op7 cab for the new slidetoshutdown and calculator yet?

I have the S2S done, but I have not made a cab yet. The calc is 50% done. the samsung calc has two parts (basic and scientific). Basic is done, but scientific has so many buttons, it's gonna take a second...

Guest unchoney
I have the S2S done, but I have not made a cab yet. The calc is 50% done. the samsung calc has two parts (basic and scientific). Basic is done, but scientific has so many buttons, it's gonna take a second...

Looking forward to your new projects! Do you folks work for winmo or is this a side project?

Guest Ninja4Hire
Looking forward to your new projects! Do you folks work for winmo or is this a side project?

lol no. That would be good for the community if we did. All the inside goods!!

No I actually work for McAfee Inc. but in web security not anti virus.

Guest Mastertwiz

Hiya Ninja,

I've experienced a minor bug with your OmniaPhone7 Rom. I've got good connectivity with my Corporate Exchange Server, but for some reason I'm not able to search or find contacts when I select "Company Directory".

When you're sync'd to an exchange server you're able to add a recipient address, or e-mail manually, from your contacts list, or from "Company Directory". I've never had a problem before, but with this ROM I'm unable to find anyone in the "Company Directory" when I hit search.

It's a minor bug so I'm not really worried about it, but I just thought I would mention it.

Also.. as an aside, what are your future plans in terms of phone upgrades? I've been really tempted to drop verizon and move to Sprint's EVO 4G, but at the same time I'm hearing rumors about the HTC Scorpion (Andriod) and some HTC Mondian[sp?] (Windows Mobile 7, 1.3 Ghz); both of which are supposed to be available on Verizon. Whats your take on all of this stuff?

Thanks!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hiya Ninja,

I've experienced a minor bug with your OmniaPhone7 Rom. I've got good connectivity with my Corporate Exchange Server, but for some reason I'm not able to search or find contacts when I select "Company Directory".

When you're sync'd to an exchange server you're able to add a recipient address, or e-mail manually, from your contacts list, or from "Company Directory". I've never had a problem before, but with this ROM I'm unable to find anyone in the "Company Directory" when I hit search.

It's a minor bug so I'm not really worried about it, but I just thought I would mention it.

Also.. as an aside, what are your future plans in terms of phone upgrades? I've been really tempted to drop verizon and move to Sprint's EVO 4G, but at the same time I'm hearing rumors about the HTC Scorpion (Andriod) and some HTC Mondian[sp?] (Windows Mobile 7, 1.3 Ghz); both of which are supposed to be available on Verizon. Whats your take on all of this stuff?

Thanks!

I'll look into the exchange server issue for you. I don't use it much, but maybe I can figure out what it going on.

Also there are a lot of good phones coming out before the year is up. They say it's the best time to wait to get a phone. I would only leave Verizon if you dislike the service or price. Every phone company is going to get the new "hottness" this year. The EVO is the best phone out right now, but if you don't live in a 4g area, then that feature is not a selling point anymore. I myself don't think I will be moving to android anytime soon. Every person I know with an android phone gets constant errors making apps close and not being able to answer calls. I want to see what win7 feels like on a daily basis before I decide for sure. Rest assured that Android will have a killer phone for Verizon this year if not more than one. Verizon has big pockets and is all about An-Driod related marketing right now. How may commercials did you see for the Omnia 2?

Guest amdzero
I'll look into the exchange server issue for you. I don't use it much, but maybe I can figure out what it going on.

Also there are a lot of good phones coming out before the year is up. They say it's the best time to wait to get a phone. I would only leave Verizon if you dislike the service or price. Every phone company is going to get the new "hottness" this year. The EVO is the best phone out right now, but if you don't live in a 4g area, then that feature is not a selling point anymore. I myself don't think I will be moving to android anytime soon. Every person I know with an android phone gets constant errors making apps close and not being able to answer calls. I want to see what win7 feels like on a daily basis before I decide for sure. Rest assured that Android will have a killer phone for Verizon this year if not more than one. Verizon has big pockets and is all about An-Driod related marketing right now. How may commercials did you see for the Omnia 2?

its funny, the only commercials I saw for Omnia 2 were really just for Swype.

Guest Ryoukoe

Hi I downloaded your rom yesterday and am not sure if my questions have already been answered or not (if they are terribly sorry ><) but here they are....

I found that my phone constantly stayed on...normally using old software if it was left unused for a period of time it would go into lockdown mode (screen would be blank) and I would have to hold the end button to turn it back on and then touch a button on the screen to get back into the phone...this killed the battery and overnight it was making noises at me to charge, is there a setting I should change or do I need to manually put my phone into lock down now to conserve the battery?

The favorites on the dialer is not working it seems...it lets me go through and choose a person to add but then when I click ok they are never added it just stays a plus sign...can you fix this?

Also am wondering if it is possible to make the incoming caller's picture super big when receiving a call...the size of the picture now is so tiny and I can do without the option of sending a person a text if I am busy lol. My husband has an android and I love that the incoming call picture takes up almost the whole screen.

So far I love your rom...I was looking for something different because I hated the widget system on the phone and I changed over to windows but hitting the start menu brought up all this crap in there of programs I would never use. I love the background and the colors that were used and I love the fact that I can get google maps to work on my phone now without verizon apps interfering. Dunno if anyone else had noticed this but the alarm feature that is used on the main page of the phone is different from the alarm feature you find when using the start menu.

Thank you so much!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hi I downloaded your rom yesterday and am not sure if my questions have already been answered or not (if they are terribly sorry ><) but here they are................

Thank you so much!

You just said a lot of stuff lol. Ok let me see what I can do.

1. The issue with the phone not turning off is new to me. I assume when you say phone you mean the device itself and not the actual phone with number pads and stuff. I do not have this problem so I cannot tell you what is going on. I would first suggest soft reseting your phone if you have not already, and then going into settings and changing your screen off times

Start > Samsung Settings > General Settings > Power > Battery Power > (Turn off backlight and Turn off device)

2. The favorites is a know issue that AMDZero has found a fix for. I made a cab files that will do the trick for you.

This post: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1298123

3. I don't know if I can make the incoming call picture bigger, but I will look into it. If you are looking for full screen images or larger images, you may want to Google "icaller" or check out some photo contact dialers (I'm sure there are more free ones, but I can't look right now): http://www.careace.net/2009/08/21/top-7-ph...windows-mobile/

4. I'm glad you like the rom. I purposely have the alarm different on the today screen Titanium panel than in the start menu. The reason is that I don't like the samsung alarm clock, and I use the default windows alarm for getting up in the morning (personal preference). This way users have an option.

Let me know if you have anymore question.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ryoukoe
You just said a lot of stuff lol. Ok let me see what I can do.

1. The issue with the phone not turning off is new to me. I assume when you say phone you mean the device itself and not the actual phone with number pads and stuff. I do not have this problem so I cannot tell you what is going on. I would first suggest soft reseting your phone if you have not already, and then going into settings and changing your screen off times

Start > Samsung Settings > General Settings > Power > Battery Power > (Turn off backlight and Turn off device)

2. The favorites is a know issue that AMDZero has found a fix for. I made a cab files that will do the trick for you.

This post: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1298123

3. I don't know if I can make the incoming call picture bigger, but I will look into it. If you are looking for full screen images or larger images, you may want to Google "icaller" or check out some photo contact dialers (I'm sure there are more free ones, but I can't look right now): http://www.careace.net/2009/08/21/top-7-ph...windows-mobile/

4. I'm glad you like the rom. I purposely have the alarm different on the today screen Titanium panel than in the start menu. The reason is that I don't like the samsung alarm clock, and I use the default windows alarm for getting up in the morning (personal preference). This way users have an option.

Let me know if you have anymore question.

Wow thanks so much...I figured out the feature I was looking for for question #1...If you go to the power settings and choose battery power it is the option of Turn off Device...this threw me off cause I just wanted it to go to "sleep" and stop sucking so much battery but thats what it is...not sure if my statement makes sense or not ><.

I did as you suggested for question #2 and everything works perfectly now...thanks so much!

I looked at the link you suggested for the incoming caller picture but they all cost money and I am pretty cheap lol...if it can't be fixed it can't be fixed.

I have to say again how much I love the rom...when receiving calls I like how you changed the buttons they look so neat now and I love the loading screen...now if only instead of everything being blue you could make it pink lol. Awesome work!

Guest dani_carrabba

i tried ur sms skin on i8000 wm 6.5.3 but it doesn't works, i mean the the layout is right but the bubbles not present and the chat baground also not appear

Guest Ninja4Hire
i tried ur sms skin on i8000 wm 6.5.3 but it doesn't works, i mean the the layout is right but the bubbles not present and the chat baground also not appear

I am not to familiar with the little difference between our i920's and the i8000's. Also the skin was designed for 6.5 because I currently do not have 6.5.3. That may also play a factor in why it's not working. Try one from here and let me know if it works. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=650275

Guest unchoney

Hey Ninja hows it going with more of the op7 stuff? Anymore roms in the works? What is the throttle launch mentioned earlier? You folks have me adicted to flashing! It is great I feel like I get a new phone every time I flash!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey Ninja hows it going with more of the op7 stuff? Anymore roms in the works? What is the throttle launch mentioned earlier? You folks have me adicted to flashing! It is great I feel like I get a new phone every time I flash!

lol!

I was working on the OP7 stuff, but then we all got side tracked on this Sense 2.5 stuff. Once I get my Sense rom out, I will go back and give all my roms some love.

I have a big problem with working on to many projects at one time....

Guest unchoney
lol!

I was working on the OP7 stuff, but then we all got side tracked on this Sense 2.5 stuff. Once I get my Sense rom out, I will go back and give all my roms some love.

Edited by unchoney

Guest unchoney
lol!

I flashed steeles 2.5 last night It was great except for no memory left for anything...so i flashed back to your black/blue21905 8.2. is anyone working on a base sense 2.5 rom? Also I do not know if I got the oc settings to work for the overclock.. I clicked on steeles settings but nothing happened that i am aware of,my phone never locked up like others mentioned.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I flashed steeles 2.5 last night It was great except for no memory left for anything...so i flashed back to your black/blue21905 8.2. is anyone working on a base sense 2.5 rom? Also I do not know if I got the oc settings to work for the overclock.. I clicked on steeles settings but nothing happened that i am aware of,my phone never locked up like others mentioned.

Both AMD and myself are hard at work on Sense 2.5 roms. Mine will have about 180mb free (maybe a little more). I am not sure about the overclocking thing as I do not use it, but I would assume if you clicked on Steel's setting, then it should have bumped up your speeds.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest unchoney
Both AMD and myself are hard at work on Sense 2.5 roms. Mine will have about 180mb free (maybe a little more). I am not sure about the overclocking thing as I do not use it, but I would assume if you clicked on Steel's setting, then it should have bumped up your speeds.

Awesome looking forward to it! Someday would love to try to cook my own rom but do not understand the intricacies of these things!

Guest amdzero
Awesome looking forward to it! Someday would love to try to cook my own rom but do not understand the intricacies of these things!

cooking a rom is like building a house of cards. Sometimes you just want to build a solid house. Sometimes you want the cards to be all fancy. Sometimes you want to make it the biggest/tallest/shiniest house on the block with a picket fence!

Most of the time you find yourself wondering why the card RIGHT there in the middle is bent or miss-shapen. The house looks good as a whole, but you know that one card is not right. So you spend all freakin' week trying to rebuild this house of cards without making it all come crashing down, taking each card out and putting it back in different places.

Half the time you spent trying to get the first two cards together (or making your ROM boot)!

Anyone can build a house of cards, or even a ROM for that matter. But only the fearless/foolish succeed. I'll let the community decide which chefs are which.

=)

Guest unchoney
cooking a rom is like building a house of cards. Sometimes you just want to build a solid house. Sometimes you want the cards to be all fancy. Sometimes you want to make it the biggest/tallest/shiniest house on the block with a picket fence!

Most of the time you find yourself wondering why the card RIGHT there in the middle is bent or miss-shapen. The house looks good as a whole, but you know that one card is not right. So you spend all freakin' week trying to rebuild this house of cards without making it all come crashing down, taking each card out and putting it back in different places.

Half the time you spent trying to get the first two cards together (or making your ROM boot)!

Anyone can build a house of cards, or even a ROM for that matter. But only the fearless/foolish succeed. I'll let the community decide which chefs are which.

=)

I think you chefs are great for your contribution! I came across modaco on a forum on verizons web site and have not looked back since! Where do find the time to put so much into this? My spouse gets irritable when I spend to much time playing with my phone!

Guest Ninja4Hire
I think you chefs are great for your contribution! I came across modaco on a forum on verizons web site and have not looked back since! Where do find the time to put so much into this? My spouse gets irritable when I spend to much time playing with my phone!

lol! Yeah I do most of my building and playing at work. I have two PCs at my desk, so it makes it easier to keep work separate. So technically(kinda), my job is paying me to build roms.

shhhh.... ;)

Guest Steel Reign
lol! Yeah I do most of my building and playing at work. I have two PCs at my desk, so it makes it easier to keep work separate. So technically(kinda), my job is paying me to build roms.

shhhh.... ;)

Hehe i'm off for the summer.. thats how I have so much time to cook.