Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest r.bobbington
You may also need to make a couple of mods to the build.prop to stop the rom auto custimizing stuff:

change:

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=true

ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

to:

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=false

#ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

second line is commented out. FYI 01 = RBM theme 02 = t-mobile.

I've changed that, but I'm afraid it still looks the same. Thanks anyway though – I've learnt a bit more about that build.prop file, so it's all good.

EDIT: After borking my Pulse while trying a different theme, I've decided MetaMorph is probably best avoided for the time being. I'll learn to love the RBM theme...

Edited by r.bobbington

Guest Jan M
tried that. downloaded the zip. extracted it to my android sdk tools folder then tried to push it to the device. No luck. Can you idiots guide me through it from windows 7 ?

adb shell mkdir /data/odex

adb push odex/* /data/odex/

adb shell chmod 755 /data/odex/*

adb shell /data/odex/odex.sh

Guest r.bobbington

Has anybody managed to get Google Voice Search working on this ROM? I've installed the APK, but it force closes whenever I start it up.

Guest chall32
Has anybody managed to get Google Voice Search working on this ROM? I've installed the APK, but it force closes whenever I start it up.

Attached version works for me with this Sunrise ROM (U6 - no JIT SP)

- Chris

VoiceSearch_2.1.zip

Guest Jan M
Hey zerosignull

Any chance of including the HTC_IME keyboard (lo-res) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5475283?

Screenshot:

keyboard.png

Lots of features plus ticks the box for the 'speech-to-text' section of Smarterware 2.1 article

I believe the "2.1 Vanilla based on r6" ROM is using this keyboard too.

- Chris

+1

the voicesearch (posted above) needs to be included to enable the speech-to-text function of this keyboard.

Guest Simon O
+1

the voicesearch (posted above) needs to be included to enable the speech-to-text function of this keyboard.

Awesome. Added to my install.

Guest zerosignull
Hey zerosignull

Any chance of including the HTC_IME keyboard (lo-res) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5475283?

Screenshot:

keyboard.png

Lots of features plus ticks the box for the 'speech-to-text' section of Smarterware 2.1 article

I believe the "2.1 Vanilla based on r6" ROM is using this keyboard too.

- Chris

Ive installed this IME into my Android. If its ne good. next release (R8) Ill remove touchpal for this

Guest 205er

Can someone, who tested version 7, give some informations about A2SD? Does it work better now?

I guess a complete wipe is necessary?

Guest mupra

No market and no astro file manager for me :(

(have to wake up at 05:00 in the morning, so i download the trimmed vanilla to get a working phone now, i hope this rom's fix is coming soon ('couse i like it!))

Edited by mupra

Guest ak888

I tried to follow this - but only got as far as upgrading from Modaco 1.7 Vanilla ROM to 2.1 Hungarian rom.

I tried step 2 which was to install Amon RA (I had this before on 1.7). However, when I boot up the phone and get the bluescreen, I plug the USB cable in, run the install batch file (under windows 7) but it forever says "waiting for device". Tried this also under Linux with the same results. The Linux attempt I can confirm detects the USB device as there are messages under /var/log/messages.

The phone screen gets to fast boot (blue screen) and says:

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID: 1007000 v0

Build Date: Apr 19 2010, 10:20:03

MSM Id: 16

MSM Version: 2.0

Modem Build Id: 76XXC-6383-SDCBALYM

Serial Number: UNKNOWN

ptn0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn1 name='system' start=324 len=880

ptn2 name='userdata' start=1024 len=642

ptn3 name='cache' start=1846 len=160

ptn4 name='recovery' start=2006 len=38

ptn5 name='misc' start=2044 len4

Any ideas?

Guest zerosignull

Sorry about the Market/Astro. I think the aps2sd script has un symlinked the apps in the data/aps_area.

Quickest way to get the market back is to install it from another ROM or use the Aps2sd market fix:

If you apply this program and your market suddenly stops working, perform the following steps:

1. Remount your internal storage to read-write by typing adb remount

2. Go into your phone's terminal by typing adb shell

3. Type /system/bin/a2sd fixmarket. This will relocate the market to /system/app and allows you to choose it in the All Programs screen. You will need to drag it back onto your desktop if you want it there.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest zerosignull
I tried to follow this - but only got as far as upgrading from Modaco 1.7 Vanilla ROM to 2.1 Hungarian rom.

I tried step 2 which was to install Amon RA (I had this before on 1.7). However, when I boot up the phone and get the bluescreen, I plug the USB cable in, run the install batch file (under windows 7) but it forever says "waiting for device". Tried this also under Linux with the same results. The Linux attempt I can confirm detects the USB device as there are messages under /var/log/messages.

The phone screen gets to fast boot (blue screen) and says:

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID: 1007000 v0

Build Date: Apr 19 2010, 10:20:03

MSM Id: 16

MSM Version: 2.0

Modem Build Id: 76XXC-6383-SDCBALYM

Serial Number: UNKNOWN

ptn0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn1 name='system' start=324 len=880

ptn2 name='userdata' start=1024 len=642

ptn3 name='cache' start=1846 len=160

ptn4 name='recovery' start=2006 len=38

ptn5 name='misc' start=2044 len4

Any ideas?

from memory when its in fast boot mode ( the blue screen) you are supposed to THEN flash am-recovery thingy