Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest preetkk

The A2SD problem i'm having is that:

I'm installing apps off the market and off my SD card but my phone memory is decreasing....

I have a ext2 partition set from when I was using MCR 1.7 and A2SD used to work fine back then

I wiped my ext2 partition and repaired ext2 but still no luck.

Guest MarcusHenrique

I'm installing apps off the market and off my SD card but my phone memory is decreasing....

I have a ext2 partition set from when I was using MCR 1.7 and A2SD used to work fine back then

I'm having the same issue...

Guest zerosignull

The /data/ folder is used for the dalvik cache as well as the apps. The aps2sd default installation only moves the apps and not the cache to the SD card.

If you want to move the dalvik cache please checkout the aps2sd homepage posted in the first post

Guest zerosignull
Nothing much, just Fancy Widget, Smooth Calendar, Battery Indicator. Google search & power control are built in.

Screeny:

I think smooth calendar is likely to make it into R8. Its got a tiny footprint and sooo useful.

Fancy widget is looking good. Not quite as good as beautiful widgets but still good

Guest igor_anta
The /data/ folder is used for the dalvik cache as well as the apps. The aps2sd default installation only moves the apps and not the cache to the SD card.

If you want to move the dalvik cache please checkout the aps2sd homepage posted in the first post

OK, so I just type a2sd cache in adb to move the dalvik to SD and solve the decreasing space issue? What is the performance loss with this? Great work by the way, cheers!

Guest MarcusHenrique
OK, so I just type a2sd cache in adb to move the dalvik to SD and solve the decreasing space issue? What is the performance loss with this? Great work by the way, cheers!

I've done that, and undone in 30 seconds. Overall performance went unbareable down. Don't know if that's cause i have a class 2 SD though... :)

Guest igor_anta
I've done that, and undone in 30 seconds. Overall performance went unbareable down. Don't know if that's cause i have a class 2 SD though... :)

Well it was mentioned that anything lower than Class 4 is not recommended, I have a Class 6 and on some benchmark the read, write was faster than the internal memory?! But I have no idea what is the rate of space we're losing with installed apps when the cache is on internal memory, say for and average of ~6MB per app? Cheers!

This seems to be the best 2.1 rom for U8220, or is there any other one that's better?

I have a few questions?

How is the camera working, is it better since 1.5 (that camera app was horrible)?

Is everything working, WiFi, camera, vibration, etc.

How do I make apps2sd work, do I have to do something with my SD-card?

Guest chall32
This seems to be the best 2.1 rom for U8220, or is there any other one that's better?

I have a few questions?

How is the camera working, is it better since 1.5 (that camera app was horrible)?

Is everything working, WiFi, camera, vibration, etc.

How do I make apps2sd work, do I have to do something with my SD-card?

Wifi: Yes

Camera: Yes

Vibration: Yes

apps2sd: Partition SD card using the tool built into amon RA

Camera:

As attached. Very very quick shot with zero artistic talent or time... :)

post-618544-1275923707_thumb.jpg

Edited by chall32

Guest chall32
I think smooth calendar is likely to make it into R8. Its got a tiny footprint and sooo useful.

Fancy widget is looking good. Not quite as good as beautiful widgets but still good

lol missed this post.... Agree smooth calendar... smooth! :)

Yea, went for Fancy Widget cos it's almost as good... Prob I had with Beautiful is that the current weather Icon is now on the right hand side... I like it in the middle! Plus if you use anything other than the default skin it reverts back to the basic skin when you mount yr SD card via USB - it caches skin to SD.

Small stuff I know, annoying thou!

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest robot1000

MAJOR ISSUE

From time to time my screen won't wake up from sleep. The button still light up when pressed, but I'm getting no response from the screen. I've tried calling myself but it goes onto answermachine.

I need to physically remove and reinsert the battery to resolve the issue

Anyone know what could be causing it?

Guest tomjo7

I like to listen to music, does the media player stop playing a lot on this ROM? I've noticed it's done this on both Paul's and the hungarian version? Normally happens when I open other apps with the Music playing in the background it pauses...

Never happened to me on 1.5?

Guest Otto222

After it has booted for the first time it showa a locked home screen, when I open the key lock I get the message "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" option is "Force close"

Edit: flashed again -> ok

Sweet theme btw, simpler and more functional.

Edited by Otto222

Guest zerosignull
MAJOR ISSUE

From time to time my screen won't wake up from sleep. The button still light up when pressed, but I'm getting no response from the screen. I've tried calling myself but it goes onto answermachine.

I need to physically remove and reinsert the battery to resolve the issue

Anyone know what could be causing it?

did u do a wipe before installing the ROM?

Guest tomjo7

Regardless of what I do I keep getting:

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I must be doing something wrong can anyone help?

Thanks

Guest zerosignull
Regardless of what I do I keep getting:

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I must be doing something wrong can anyone help?

Thanks

What was your upgrade path from your previous ROM? Make sure you do a WIPE before installing a new ROM. Someone else has posted similar issues to yourself b/c they didn't wipe ...

Guest tomjo7
What was your upgrade path from your previous ROM? Make sure you do a WIPE before installing a new ROM. Someone else has posted similar issues to yourself b/c they didn't wipe ...

Well... I installed the 2.1 hungarian update then changed for pauls MoDaCo custom rom installed and now I'm trying to get this one but it's not working very well atall because I keep getting that message. The funny thing is though it actually let me pick up a phone call and speak with it...

I wiped the Dalvik-cache one because I read somewhere that that was the correct one to do and not to wipe data/factory reset?

Guest zerosignull

Roll call for R8

=========

so far for R8 (no its not relased yet) ive made the following changes:

* Removed touchpal

* restored a couple of framewrok apks to fix widget issues

* HTC_IME_lo installed

* Changed grfx in power control to be green

* updated fingerprint to dorid's

* Restored Text/MMS icon

* updated maps

I want to make the ROM more usable out of the box but without the bloat so ive put together a few quick and light apss:

* File Manager = Astro

* Task Manager = TaskPanel Lite (150KB~)

* Agenda Widget = Smooth Calendar (100kb~)

* Bling Clock/Weather = Fancy Widget (3~mb)

Looking for this out of the box(ish):

post-51011-1275944641_thumb.png

Suggestions/feedback welcome ...

Guest zerosignull
Well... I installed the 2.1 hungarian update then changed for pauls MoDaCo custom rom installed and now I'm trying to get this one but it's not working very well atall because I keep getting that message. The funny thing is though it actually let me pick up a phone call and speak with it...

I wiped the Dalvik-cache one because I read somewhere that that was the correct one to do and not to wipe data/factory reset?

you need to do a data/factory reset.

Guest Scottland

Would you consider replacing Astro with EStrongs explorer instead? It's about half the size IIRC and has FTP and LAN support built in.