Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest Basher52

Whats the Clock&Weather in Thema first Picture called? Its beautifull, want to have it

:)

Edited by Basher52

Guest chall32
Whats the Clock&Weather in Thema first Picture called? Its beautifull, want to have it

:)

Its called Beautiful Widgets

Alternatively you could try Fancy Widget - Example here (middle screen) and here

- Chris

Guest DanWilson

Hey peeps!

Couldn't find a better thread for this, but can we use this?

Hi,

the original Circle battery update changes not only the battery icon itself, but almost all other icons, not speaking about transparent slide-down notification area. And because all I wanted to change was the battery icon, I've modified the original update package to do so.

If anyone is interested, download attached zip file, save it to your SD card and flash it in recovery. For de-odexed ROMs only (MCR r1 & r3).

Notice: first boot takes longer than usual, so don't panic and let it work :) I claim no credit for this mod, all credits belong to the original author.

Original:

son38i.png

Modded:

devicea.png

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

I'm just liking the way my phone is just now, but using this would increase the awesomesauce-ness. Although it says it's for the Desire, and I like the Darkstar framework. Is there anyway for me to win...

Infact, I'll see if extracting its files, then putting them into the framework would, well, work! :)

Wish me luck, and will post pics if I epically WIN! :)

EDIT : I failed. I used Archive Utility on my Mac to extract the files, this win. Then it was finding what I need. It might win but until someone who knows anything about the framework, we'll never know... Well - I'm just too lazy :)

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Azurren
Hey peeps!

I'm just liking the way my phone is just now, but using this would increase the awesomesauce-ness. Although it says it's for the Desire, and I like the Darkstar framework. Is there anyway for me to win...

Infact, I'll see if extracting its files, then putting them into the framework would, well, work! :)

EDIT : I failed. I used Archive Utility on my Mac to extract the files, this win. Then it was finding what I need. It might win but until someone who knows anything about the framework, we'll never know... Well - I'm just too lazy :)

Post this in the frame-work factory thread and ask them to included / make a new one.

I agree that the battery icon looks epic their :)

Guest DanWilson
Post this in the frame-work factory thread and ask them to included / make a new one.

I agree that the battery icon looks epic their :)

MUST ... FIND .... FRAMEWORK ..... FACTORY ...... AGAIN ......

Why can't my laptop just do what I shout at it to? :)

Guest igor_anta
Hey peeps!

Yup, Framework Factory thread should get some juice from this :) Looks fantastic, hope someone will get it working. Cheers!

Guest zerosignull

I managed to odex the apps on my phone with free's up another 15MB~ for dalvik cache. Will be trying to odex the framework files over the next couple of days for R8

Guest DanWilson
I managed to odex the apps on my phone with free's up another 15MB~ for dalvik cache. Will be trying to odex the framework files over the next couple of days for R8

Wouldn't this hamper theming?

Guest Azurren
Wouldn't this hamper theming?

Yes it would..

Paul left the framework un-odexed so that it could easily be themed, could you do the same? :)

Guest llaszlo

Howto install dropbear and howto setup ssh?

Please add dropbear to next version of RMB ROM. THX.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest Jan M
lol

It's not my fix! I just found out the fingerprint that the Eris Market Fix uses. This way you don't have to install an app to fix the market :)

using the market fix with this rom didn't help me...switching to your rom did the trick :)

As you might know we know have the option to go back to Android 1.5 if 2.1 fails (support given to us by huawei).

Would it be possible for me to install Oscilliation rom this way:

1. Flash Amon-RA on my original 1.5 rom

2. Making a nandroid backup of 1.5

3. Wipe (?)

4. Flash original Hungarian original 2.1

(would I need to re-flash Amon-RA here?)

5. Flash Oscilliation rom as usual.

Would I be able to go back to my 1.5 nandroid backup if i used Huaweis "back-to-1.5" option and Amon-RA using this instalation method, or what steps do you reckon I should use if i would like to have the ability to go back to 1.5 using a Nandroid Backup?

Also; I've read that you can make your SD-card apps2sd-ready using Amon-RA, how do I do this?

Edited by Guest

Guest igor_anta
As you might know we know have the option to go back to Android 1.5 if 2.1 fails (support given to us by huawei).

Would it be possible for me to install Oscilliation rom this way:

1. Flash Amon-RA on my original 1.5 rom

2. Making a nandroid backup of 1.5

3. Wipe (?)

4. Flash original Hungarian original 2.1

(would I need to re-flash Amon-RA here?)

5. Flash Oscilliation rom as usual.

Would I be able to go back to my 1.5 nandroid backup if i used Huaweis "back-to-1.5" option and Amon-RA using this instalation method, or what steps do you reckon I should use if i would like to have the ability to go back to 1.5 using a Nandroid Backup?

Also; I've read that you can make your SD-card apps2sd-ready using Amon-RA, how do I do this?

Yup, just the 3rd step is not really required, the update will just wipe everything.

Also you don't flash the Hungarian update like any other ROM, you need to put the dload folder from the update.zip on the SD card and do a standard software update, like the December update. After this you WILL lose AmonRa so reinstall it.

Then just flash the Oscillation rom.

As for apps2sd, the custom rom's support the option, but only if you partition you SD card to have an ext2 partition, that's what you have to do in AmonRa, there is an option partition SD card: select swap 0 (it HAS to be 0), ext2 as big as you'd like and the rest is standard FAT32. Also backup the contents of you card first this will format it :)

Hope this helps, cheers!

Guest igor_anta

Hey, zero any news on R8? This one works like a charm, fast and smooth, just I'm slowly becoming a junkie for new releases so I have to ask :) Keep up the good work, cheers!

Oh, like someone before mentioned, can you keep the framework un- odexed so we can theme and so on?

Edited by igor_anta

Yup, just the 3rd step is not really required, the update will just wipe everything.

Also you don't flash the Hungarian update like any other ROM, you need to put the dload folder from the update.zip on the SD card and do a standard software update, like the December update. After this you WILL lose AmonRa so reinstall it.

Then just flash the Oscillation rom.

As for apps2sd, the custom rom's support the option, but only if you partition you SD card to have an ext2 partition, that's what you have to do in AmonRa, there is an option partition SD card: select swap 0 (it HAS to be 0), ext2 as big as you'd like and the rest is standard FAT32. Also backup the contents of you card first this will format it :)

Hope this helps, cheers!

It helped a lot :)

So I should wipe after I've installed the Hungarian 2.1 and when I'm about to flash the Oscilliation rom?

And now when I look at the thread about Amon-RA I can see that there are multiple Wiping-options.

"Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache

Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext

Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard

Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data

Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data

Partition sdcard

Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning

Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition

SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3

SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4"

Witch ones should I use before flashing Oscilliation, and what should I use to partition the SD-card correctly?

Thanks for helping me out, I'm new to this. :)

Edited by Guest

Guest DanWilson

Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache - Before flashing

Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext - Before flashing

Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard

Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data - Before flashing (I think it helps)

Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data - Same as above

Partition sdcard

Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning - For partitioning the SD card. Remember NO SWAP!

SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3 - For both these, I have ext 3, but I don't think it matters...

SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4 ^^

You're welcome :)

Edited by DanWilson

Partition sdcard

Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning - For partitioning the SD card. Remember NO SWAP!

SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3 - For both these, I have ext 3, but I don't think it matters...

SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4 ^^

You're welcome :)

So what is the difference between ext2,3 and 4?

Is this something that I have to fiddle with at all?

Guest DanWilson

This is what I don't know.... You should be fine on ext2 (no converting), but I could be wrong...

Guest gusthy

ext3 and ext4 are journaling file systems. ext4 contains performance optimisations, 64 bit support, etc.

Kernel Wiki says, that:

What is the difference between ext2, ext3, and ext4?

The ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems are a family of file systems that have a strong amount of backwards and forward compatibility. In fact, they can be considered a single filesytem format with a number of feature extensions, and ext2, ext3, and ext4 are merely the names of the implementations found in the Linux kernel. This way of looking at things is supported by the fact that they share the same userspace utilities (e2fsprogs), and that many filesystems can be mounted on different filesystems. For example, a filesystem which is created for use with ext3 can be mounted using either ext2 or ext4. However, a filesystem with ext4-specific extensions can not be mounted using ext2 or ext3, and the ext3 and ext4 file systems code in the kernel (at least of this writing) require the presence of a journal, which is generally not present in partitions formatted for use by the ext2 file system.

Guest DanWilson
ext3 and ext4 are journaling file systems. ext4 contains performance optimisations, 64 bit support, etc.

Kernel Wiki says, that:

What is the difference between ext2, ext3, and ext4?

The ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems are a family of file systems that have a strong amount of backwards and forward compatibility. In fact, they can be considered a single filesytem format with a number of feature extensions, and ext2, ext3, and ext4 are merely the names of the implementations found in the Linux kernel. This way of looking at things is supported by the fact that they share the same userspace utilities (e2fsprogs), and that many filesystems can be mounted on different filesystems. For example, a filesystem which is created for use with ext3 can be mounted using either ext2 or ext4. However, a filesystem with ext4-specific extensions can not be mounted using ext2 or ext3, and the ext3 and ext4 file systems code in the kernel (at least of this writing) require the presence of a journal, which is generally not present in partitions formatted for use by the ext2 file system.

So ext4 is the best?

Thanks guys, you're awesome, I'll update sometime next week.

I just have two more questions, does Oscilliation-rom contain any Swedish Language pack?

And if it doesn't is there anyway I can get a swedish language pack on there?

Edited by Guest

Guest 4nders
Thanks guys, you're awesome, I'll update sometime next week.

I just have two more questions, does Oscilliation-rom contain any Swedish Language pack?

And if it doesn't is there anyway I can get a swedish language pack on there?

No it does not. I dont know how to get a swedish language pack either but im using Scandinavion keyboard with a swedish dictionary and its working very good(phone from Tre).

Ive been using this rom for 24h now, before this one i had the r7 WIP, i find this one abit faster and more stable. I usually had atleast one freeze every day with the r7 WIP and ive had none so far with this one.

And when im at it, thanks for a great rom and a great forum, if i hadnt noticed this forum id still be on cupcake. :)

Guest zerosignull
Yes it would..

Paul left the framework un-odexed so that it could easily be themed, could you do the same? :)

If you would prefer not having the framework odexed I can keep it as it. Also make R8 a bit simpler. So far with my R8 build ive had the phone lockup twice. However im thinking this may be down to some very basic bug as Ive upgraded my Dads phone to stock Hungarian ROM and his reported it Locking up and being a bit "lazy"(old people speak for running slow I guess ... ). Only other issue so far is odexing has killed quick boot grr.

I have spotted a generic bug too with the HW 2.1 release. In "location and security settings" there is an option to use assisted GPS. When unchecked the text underneath reads "uncheck to Improve GPS performance" this should read "check to improve GPS performance".

Now about EXT3/4... to quote myself

EXT3 is useless for what you want to do with the partition. Most of the data on its will be static IE Your not moving files around folders so the main feature of EXT3, Journalling, will be pointless. If you put the dalvik cache on the partition the overhead of the journal is likely to degrade performance and finally (in essay mode tonight for some reason) fragmentation of SD cards doesn't matter due to the fact SD's have a seek time of 0.02ns.

In other words stop being version hoars! :)

Edit: Have Assignment to be in on tuesday so R8 is likely going to hit next weekend. Feel free to post more suggestions about what you think would make a more usable kick ass ROM!

Edited by zerosignull