Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest halfords45

i love this rom fast and great features but i cannot get apps2sd to work i have installed a few roms with apps2sd but no good. i put on terminal emulator and enter "su" then typed in apps2sd this pic is the reply i got? can any one help please :)

i was on 1.5 stock went to Hungarian update and now on this any help would be great

IMAG0114.jpg

Edited by halfords45

Guest Jan M
i love this rom fast and great features but i cannot get apps2sd to work i have installed a few roms with apps2sd but no good. i put on terminal emulator and enter "su" then typed in apps2sd this pic is the reply i got? can any one help please :)

i was on 1.5 stock went to Hungarian update and now on this any help would be great

IMAG0114.jpg

looks like something is using your ext partition...maybe you mounted the SD through USB by mistake?

I made a guide for myself to use because these technical things tend to scare me a bit (in case something would go wrong), so could you tell me if everything is correct?

If you want to flash Oscilliation

1. Flash Amon-RA on 1.5 orginal rom

2. Make regular Nand Backup of 1.5

3. Copy the content of the SD-card to the computer (if you'd like to bo able to go back to 1.5) and format it.

4. Install Hungarian 2.1 Pulse Rom

5. Re-flash Amon-RA (Because it disappears when Hungarian 2.1 is installed)

6. Wipe data/factory reset,

Wipe Dalwik-cache

Wipe battery stats

Wipe rotate settings

7. Put Oscilliation rom on the SD-card and flash it.

8. Done.

If you want Apps2SD

1. Enter Amon-RA

2. Partition SD with whatever size you want (swap must be set to 0!)

If you want to go back to 1.5

(1. Nandroid backup if you want)

1. Use Huaweis method to get back to 1.5

2. Format the SD card and put the content-backup of 1.5 in it, put the card in the phone.

3. Use Amon-RA to restore to you nandroid backup that you previously made of 1.5

Please tell me if I got something wrong and suggest changes. :)

Edited by Guest

Guest halfords45
I made a guide for myself to use because these technical things tend to scare me a bit (in case something would go wrong), so could you tell me if everything is correct?

If you want to flash Oscilliation

1. Flash Amon-RA on 1.5 orginal rom

2. Make Nandroid Backup of 1.5

3. Copy the content of the SD-card to the computer (if you'd like to bo able to go back to 1.5) and format it.

4. Install Hungarian 2.1 Pulse Rom

5. Re-flash Amon-RA (Because it disappears when Hungarian 2.1 is installed)

6. Wipe data/factory reset,

Wipe Dalwik-cache

Wipe battery stats

Wipe rotate settings

7. Rename Oscilliation rom to "update.zip", put it on the SD-card and flash it.

8. Done.

If you want Apps2SD

1. Enter Amon-RA

2. Partition SD with whatever size you want

If you want to go back to 1.5

1. Use Huaweis method to get back to 1.5

2. Format the SD card and put the content-backup of 1.5 in it, put the card in the phone.

3. Use Amon-RA to restore to you nandroid backup that you previously made of 1.5

Please tell me if I got something wrong and suggest changes. :)

Thanks for this. the only thing i did difference was to flash the ROM from Amon-RA. and one other thing it will not boot if the sd card is removed just get android logo

Thanks for this. the only thing i did difference was to flash the ROM from Amon-RA. and one other thing it will not boot if the sd card is removed just get android logo

Hmm, is there another way than to flash the ROM from Amon-RA?

That is what I meant that you should do anyway.

And what do you mean it won't boot if the sd card is removed, I don't think I wrote that anywhere. :S

But anyway, do you think this method will work if I'd like to have the security to get back to an 1.5 nandroid image?

Edited by Guest

Guest halfords45
Hmm, is there another way than to flash the ROM from Amon-RA?

That is what I meant that you should do anyway.

And what do you mean it won't boot if the sd card is removed, I don't think I wrote that anywhere. :S

But anyway, do you think this method will work if I'd like to have the security to get back to an 1.5 nandroid image?

the previous guy said to rename rom to update.zip and flash from the update section on the phone hence not using Amon-RA. If i take out my sd card the phone will not start i have to have the sd card in to get up and running.

Guest SonMauri

About App2SD...

I have installed several ROMS a lot of them with APP2SD enabled, this 2.1 oscillation ROM being the last one of them, however with each installed app the phone memory goes down a bit. is that normal? I formatted the SD card with 0 SWAP, like 768 ext2 and the remaining FAT32 (its an 8 gb card). Is there something else i had to do, like moving installed applications with some tool or something. Please, if someone knows and wanna help, i'll be grateful.

the previous guy said to rename rom to update.zip and flash from the update section on the phone hence not using Amon-RA. If i take out my sd card the phone will not start i have to have the sd card in to get up and running.

Oh, there you go, I thought you had to rename the ROM, I'll change the guide.

And why won't it start, is it because of Apps2SD?

I've started to update my phone.

From 1.5 original to (no root) to oscilliation.

I am making a nandroid backup of 1.5, should i choose nand backup or nand + ext backup? :S

Guest titchu
As a final test, earlier on this afternoon I put the same market details into my build.prop as fibblesan uses in his ROM.

Just searched the market and TA DAAA! I get 18 apps too! Including (for the first time) the handcent app itself!! :)

So conclusive testing then. Fibblesan's market tweaks are THE way to go! Good effort Fibblesan!

- Chris

how come , i got 0!!!. i used the HTC Legend finger print. what 's wrong with my machine?

Guest Jan M
hi message comes up with no usb lead plugged and can see sd mounted from the settings section for memory use.

try re-partitioning and formatting your SD card from a linux box (partitions: 1st vfat, 2nd ext2), wiping data/cache, and flashing the rom again.

Guest Jan M
how come , i got 0!!!. i used the HTC Legend finger print. what 's wrong with my machine?

it can take up to 24 hours for the new fingerprint to come into effect.

Guest Azurren
does this rom have the problem of freezing when using facebook app and browser?

Every 2.1 rom (Including the official) has that probelm

Guest rjm2k

Am I missing something with the SuperUser Permissions icon here, I run it and get a black screen, menu mentions click action etc but can't see a way of su'ing any aps. when I exit and run apps like openvpn still says root access required.

Guest rx78nt1

Crashed twice so far.

Both crashes happened when watching Annoying Orange :)

(one from YouTube using Wifi, one from MP4 in SD card)

But no random reboot so far.

Hope this ROM is much stable than before.

Guest PatrykJP19
Crashed twice so far.

Both crashes happened when watching Annoying Orange :)

(one from YouTube using Wifi, one from MP4 in SD card)

But no random reboot so far.

Hope this ROM is much stable than before.

unlike you, I do get lots of random reboots. Does anyone know why? :)

Guest rjm2k

strange, despite applying the oscillation rom (i had to do it twice mind) my phone isn't rooted, quickboot doesn't work and barnacle doesn't ask for root!

Guest mcleay

Great ROM so far after updating to 2.1 last night. The only problem i've had is the camera freezes after taking a picture and then reboots the phone. Is there a fix for this?

[sorry if this is a known problem that's been already covered but i'm getting errors on the forum atm when I try to search]

Guest igor_anta

zero what is happening with R8? Is there any progress. I think you just need to return the widget framework jar files for the clock and music and odex system/app, aside from that all is good as far as I'm concerned :) You may also make some kernel optimizations but that's just wishfull thinking :) Cheers!