Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest zerosignull

Any one know of any good tutorials for getting aps2sd working? Ive had come good leads from you guys so far and I have managed to get it working but you have to manually do the setup via ADB and the mount doesnt survive the reboot so it tanks the ROM :(

If people are having issues with wireless it looks like an issue from installing the extra update.app that came with the Hungarian ROM. From reading the posts i think a workaround is to reflash you PULSE with just the Hungarian ROM and then flash this ROM.

I will consider cooking in any apps people demand. The R6 has astro file manager and the latest 3d gallery added and removed the default file manager.

ZSL

Edit:

Once A2SD is working we'll have a lot more space for apps. Even odexing files only gives an extra 10MB or so.

Couldn't point me in the right direction to do the odexing ? ....

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Simon O
Any one know of any good tutorials for getting aps2sd working? Ive had come good leads from you guys so far and I have managed to get it working but you have to manually do the setup via ADB and the mount doesnt survive the reboot so it tanks the ROM :(

If people are having issues with wireless it looks like an issue from installing the extra update.app that came with the Hungarian ROM. From reading the posts i think a workaround is to reflash you PULSE with just the Hungarian ROM and then flash this ROM.

I will consider cooking in any apps people demand. The R6 has astro file manager and the latest 3d gallery added and removed the default file manager.

ZSL

Edit:

Couldn't point me in the right direction to do the odexing ? ....

Yep. Go to http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...r-unodexd-roms/ for a guide. That's what I did. Ran the script, did a Nandroid backup and copied to my PC. Extracted the system.img using unyaffs then make an update zip with the new files.

Or I can send you a link to my custom rom with the odexed files already?

Guest zerosignull
Yep. Go to http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...r-unodexd-roms/ for a guide. That's what I did. Ran the script, did a Nandroid backup and copied to my PC. Extracted the system.img using unyaffs then make an update zip with the new files.

Or I can send you a link to my custom rom with the odexed files already?

Cheer's. Ive changed a few things on the ROM so will need to odex them.

Have you noticed any performance gain with these?

Guest zerosignull
Updated with updata.app without hun uppdata -> flashed the r5b -> acore FCs, the launcher does not launch :(

what phone do you have? Did u do a wipe before flashing?

Guest domjant
Updated with updata.app without hun uppdata -> flashed the r5b -> acore FCs, the launcher does not launch :(

You should apply CUSTOMIZED_HU update as well, after the 2.1 upgrade.

Guest Simon O
Cheer's. Ive changed a few things on the ROM so will need to odex them.

Have you noticed any performance gain with these?

Very slightly. The biggest benefit is reduced dalvik-cache size and more free space on the DATA partition. Even with A2SD it's useful. Apparently ODEXing the roms helps with memory management too.

Guest mupra
You should apply CUSTOMIZED_HU update as well, after the 2.1 upgrade.

"If people are having issues with wireless it looks

like an issue from installing the extra update.app

that came with the Hungarian ROM. From

reading the posts i think a workaround is to

reflash you PULSE with just the Hungarian ROM

and then flash this ROM."

thats why i did not install the customized update. if i do, no FCs, but wifi.

Guest Simon O
"If people are having issues with wireless it looks

like an issue from installing the extra update.app

that came with the Hungarian ROM. From

reading the posts i think a workaround is to

reflash you PULSE with just the Hungarian ROM

and then flash this ROM."

thats why i did not install the customized update. if i do, no FCs, but wifi.

I can confirm that flashing the CUSTOM_HU update stops the wi-fi from working with this custom ROM.

Guest MrJoshua
I can confirm that flashing the CUSTOM_HU update stops the wi-fi from working with this custom ROM.

So do I have to reflash the HU 2.1 (without the Custom_HU) again, then re-apply this custom rom to get WiFi to work?

Cheers

Josh

Guest Simon O
So do I have to reflash the HU 2.1 (without the Custom_HU) again, then re-apply this custom rom to get WiFi to work?

Cheers

Josh

Yes, sadly. I'm not sure exactly what the CUSTOM_HU update changed regarding wifi. :(

Guest n4nick
Can this rom be used in a u8230??

Thanks

Worked for me. Just for the record, this was what I did. I was on stock U8230 (B250) firmware before:

1) Updated using the original Huawei Swiss update for the U8230 (failed at 80%)

2) Flashed a 'custom recovery image' as per sticky

3) Flashed the ROM from the first post of this thread.

Everything seems to be working OK as expected. Note that after the Swiss update fails, you have to let the phone restart - it will get into the setup routine but you won't be able to complete it because the update didn't complete. That's OK. Turn the phone off and proceed with step 2.

Nick

In the interests of full disclosure, I should note that I do get occasional restarts, but that these restarts were present on stock firmware before the operation. Restoring the factory settings didn't help even before the upgrade and I'm pretty sure they are a hardware issue (there's a thread about this somewhere on here).

Guest gusthy

A solution to the wifi problem is to install 8230 2.1 instead of T-Mobile. it will fail, but no matter, you can use amon RA + this rom.

drawback is that maybe you cannot revert to T-Mobile official. (of course u can use mcr instead).

Guest zerosignull
Can this rom be used in a u8230??

Thanks

Its based of a U2830 ROM ....

Any one know why we are limited to 128MB of RAM in andoird? I was under the impression that the pulse comes with 192.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest zerosignull

New version released

requires ext2 partition sd. backup ure sd card before partitioning

http://www.qooy.com/files/1BTZMYTM/Dev_Pul...tmob_PU_R6B.zip

R6:

Kernel: t-mobile + Custom

Stack: t-mobile

GUI: RBM + Custom

build.prop: RBM + Custom

changes:

* Added (kernel init.rc):

# (JFv1.51_CRB43-US - MCR for pulse R7) Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting

service userinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

oneshot

* fixed: quick boot not rebooting the phone (from MCR r7 install script)

* added: chmod to etc/init.rc/ - (MCR R7)

* added: quick boot app

* updated: gallery3d

* removed: crappy file explorer

* added: astro file explorer

* merged: Darktremor A2SD version 2.7 Update 1

* Patched: 04apps2sd to not do anything if no sdcard partition 2 present

* Fixed: Issues with aps2sd that causes the market to disappear

* added: youtube app

Guest askel

cool, how did you integrate Darktremor 2.7 into the ROM? what code did you put in init.rc? I've been trying to do this with a pulse rom I'm trying to cook and failing miserably, any help would be appreciated :(

Guest 205er

Hey,

it seams that A2SD does not work for me.

EXT2-Partition exists but the internal storage gets less and less with every new installed app :-(

What am I doing wrong?

btw:

After first reboot I get an acore-error

Guest 205er

Yeah it is very fast, that is true! And i looks nice!

But this little problem with A2SD... does it really work for you all? How much space is left on your intenal Memory?

Guest biron_w

I'm just downloading now.If my wifi doesn't work which bit of the hungarian update do I flash? Is it just the dload part?Not that dload part in the customized_hu bit?