Pulse 2.1: Oscillation ROM R7

Guest zerosignull

Guest zerosignull
What about JIT, is it a option any time soon? An is the reboot bug when going to General Info and Options the only problem? Also what about flashing ADW from recovery, anyone tried that yet? Cheers!

haven't thought about it, yes and some issues with the wireless if you install the extra Hungarian app, by adw you mean the launcher replacement? that can be installed direct from market

Guest mathis227
I got my first reboot!

Try to open "General info & option" in Setting menu. It is not possible to open it, instead your device will reboot.

Yes i wiped my device before and even after flashing it

Yes, I've got the same problem after installing directly from the hungrian rom without update. Otherwise it's a great rom, keep up the good work. :(

Guest mtoloko

i've installed r6 version after apply RBM2.1, but my mobile has sometime FC's and was rebooted 3 times... I'll try do wipe, apply again RBM and reflash zero rom, after i'll see if work.

PS: more 1 reboot now!!!

cya!

Guest makmondeja
What about JIT, is it a option any time soon? An is the reboot bug when going to General Info and Options the only problem? Also what about flashing ADW from recovery, anyone tried that yet? Cheers!

Installed ADW from recovery menu and it's working perfect. The only issue I'm having it's the options menu reboot.

Guest igor_anta
haven't thought about it, yes and some issues with the wireless if you install the extra Hungarian app, by adw you mean the launcher replacement? that can be installed direct from market

Is there a way to replace the default launcher with ADW, that's what I meant. In the beta and rc version you could just flash it from recovery and now it's on the market. If I install it additionally I can't use BetterCut and it shows up in the Task Killers and so on... So is there a way to replace it in root explorer or something?

Also what about that placeholder file you have mentioned on the first page? I see it in my system/sd/apps folder and on the Paul MCR apps2sd is working. Is it in the correct location, or do I need to repartition again. I have 0 swap, 512 ext2 and the rest fat32, so it should be just right. Keep up the good work, cheers!

^thanks for the answer, didn't see it :(

Edited by igor_anta

Guest DanWilson

Dude, stop using sites that make me wait to download, scam me, ad pwn me, and take ages to download! PLEASE!!!

Once it downloads and I install it and test it, I shall post a very funny review :(

And host a love party fir ya! :(

Guest zerosignull
Dude, stop using sites that make me wait to download, scam me, ad pwn me, and take ages to download! PLEASE!!!

Once it downloads and I install it and test it, I shall post a very funny review :(

And host a love party fir ya! :(

its just the easiest way to upload it to multiple host's :o

Guest rob.m.clarke
I'm having trouble using the Market.

I bought Tapatalk Pro on Saturday using MCR1.7.

Whilst installing the Hungarian Update yesterday I decided to flatten my phone/sdcard as this rom didn't support app2sd.

After doing all that I went to re-download the app but I can no longer see it in the Market.

I've now put r6 of this Vanilla ROM on here now, partitioned the sdcard as app2sd is now working.

re-installed a bunch of apps I'm happy with but Tapatalk Pro is just not there to download.

Is this because of a locale issue, an OS version issue, the app being pulled or me being stupid?

BTW. I had the app in a backup and restored it from there for now.

have you tried searching the market for the app? I bought beautiful widgets way back when and its always come up for download in the market app for me

Yep, that was the first thing I tried. tapatalk is there but tapatalk pro isnt. I've just tried it again to test my own sanity and it's still not there. Can you see it?

Guest flip360

cannot find bootanimation.zip in system/media, can i just copy mine there or is it in some other place? :(

Edited by flip360

Guest zerosignull
cannot find bootanimation.zip in system/media, can i just copy mine there or is it in some other place? :(

erm.... doesn't exits. you will need to shoot of a modified build.prop with "ro.config.hw_boot_animation=1" added then just put the bootanimation.zip in the usual place

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey guys what's the issue with a2sd in this rom?

All my previously installed apps are ok in the sd. But each new app I try to install goes to phone!

I can't even run IGO myway, when he's installing (reading sd maps folder i think) phone runs out of memory and it displays an error.

Thank's for upcoming replies =)

Guest screwface

Anyone told paul about this vanilla 2.1 rom release from redbull mobile.

He could do a better job of getting it smooth/stable.

Guest igor_anta

I also have the impression that apps2sd is not working right :S First it didn't install anything in system/sd and after i repartitioned the sd card it seemed OK. After I ran MyBackup Pro not even half of the apps were restored when the low space icon appeared and the apps didn't install, thought the ones that did we're were they should be. Weird.

Guest 205er

That is a fact. a2sd does not work. there is just 20mb left, even if all my apps are stored in the sd folder. i think. but can not proof at the moment, that this folder is not linked to the sd card. i tried to move files from system/app to system/sd/app, that worked but i did not get more free internal space...

if a2sd will work correct, this rom will be very good.

Guest 205er

That is a fact. a2sd does not work. there is just 20mb left, even if all my apps are stored in the sd folder. i think. but can not proof at the moment, that this folder is not linked to the sd card. i tried to move files from system/app to system/sd/app, that worked but i did not get more free internal space...

Guest zerosignull
Anyone told paul about this vanilla 2.1 rom release from redbull mobile.

He could do a better job of getting it smooth/stable.

cheers. feel free not to use the ROM.

aps2sd is working. Please try google. its normal for android to appear to take space from the internal storage when using aps2sd. Paul uses aps2sd+ which fixes the counter 'issue'. Please also note that this ROM does NOT copy you internal apps to the SD card. RTFM :( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Jan M

aps2sd is working. Please try google. its normal for android to appear to take space from the internal storage when using aps2sd. Paul uses aps2sd+ which fixes the counter 'issue'. Please also note that this ROM does NOT copy you internal apps to the SD card. RTFM :( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087

this is the best rom out there...feel free to ignore the losers posting otherwise.

Guest igor_anta

Yes I know it's normal, on the 1.7 MCR I think this happened as well BUT not at this rate, it seems that the space is running out almost at the same rate as if we didn't have apps2sd, so it's practically useless :o

Also can someone upload the ContactsProvider.apk, and also tell what it does exactly :( ? Cheers!

Guest Jan M

it works fine for me...but I had to create the ext2 partition manually because recovery didn't do it properly...try to fix the ext partition in recovery and if it throws an error then you know its not there.

Guest Jan M
Yes I know it's normal, on the 1.7 MCR I think this happened as well BUT not at this rate, it seems that the space is running out almost at the same rate as if we didn't have apps2sd, so it's practically useless :(

Also can someone upload the ContactsProvider.apk, and also tell what it does exactly :( ? Cheers!

are your apps actually showing up in /system/sd/apps?

Guest igor_anta
are your apps actually showing up in /system/sd/apps?

Yup. I had to reformat the SD to make it working, and it seemed OK but I couldn't restore even half of the apps I previously had cause of the space running low :( Also again, ContactsProvider.apk please... anyone :( Cheers!

Guest chall32
Yup. I had to reformat the SD to make it working, and it seemed OK but I couldn't restore even half of the apps I previously had cause of the space running low :o Also again, ContactsProvider.apk please... anyone :o Cheers!

I wonder if this is why my apps are going to SD just fine.... :( I didn't have an ext2 partition on my SD until I created one (using amon recovery see my earlier post - #139) especially for this ROM... Was using MCR 1.7 before.

For those of you sure that your apps are not turning up on your SD ext2, have you tried looking at your ext2 partition under linux or via this tool in Windows? (Not used the tool myself - have Ubuntu :( ) Just a thought.

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest Jan M

yeah I can see how it would be possible to run out of space after installing a few dozen apps...this is how my free space changed after installing about a dozen apps:

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/block/mtdblock2	 80.3M	 40.3M	 40.0M  50% /data

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	465.3M	  6.2M	435.0M   1% /system/sd

/dev/block/mtdblock2	 80.3M	 45.4M	 34.9M  57% /data

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	465.3M	 12.6M	428.7M   3% /system/sd

moving dalvik-cache to the SD would help with space, but I'm not sure about stability...