29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Simon O
Sames goes for me, only google maps 4.2 which came with it doesnt work

all other stuff works fine. Even google voice search doesnt bit** no more, not that i actually tried it but it runs in background constantly.

What happens when you try to use Google Maps?

Guest dodge-167

This ROM is too buggy... I get every time i unlock my phone acore and voice FC, and then my LauncherPro goes crazy and reboots.... Back to original Update (Hungarian)

Guest Simon O
This ROM is too buggy... I get every time i unlock my phone acore and voice FC, and then my LauncherPro goes crazy and reboots.... Back to original Update (Hungarian)

Any chance you could share some logs to help Paul fix any errors you may be having? Make sure you install the Hungarian update, followed by CUSTOM_HU then install amon-RA recovery. Then enter recovery, wipe data, dalvik, then partition your SD card if needed. If it's already partitioned then wipe ext then repair. Update using Pauls rom and it should work without issues.

Most problems that I have experienced in the past have been down to not wiping the device properly before.

Guest starkos

Complete opposite for me, stable as can be with no force closes or errors. Although I think I used to get an acore wait/fc on boot before I swapped the t-mob launcher out for adw

Guest mr.a
I've been running this ROM for the last 12 hours now without any problems. Firstly I installed the Hungarian T-Mobile update, then installed the CUSTOM_HU update. Then installed amon-RA recovery, wiped data and dalvik, then partitioned my 8Gb Class 6 SD card with no swap, 512mb ext2 and rest as fat32.

I get one fc/wait box on start related to android.process.acore but I click wait and everything is fine. Wi-Fi works, a2sd works and the phone is completely stable.

Are you running a2sd+ version or the a2sd version.

Guest goce.nakov

Only issue I have when sometimes I'm getting off the app the home screen need more time to redraw and that sometimes produce FC on some of the android.acc

Guest Totyasrác

Up and running for over 25 hours now and absolutely no issues. No FCs, no reboots... I have baked my own though (not a precooked one). No A2SD also.

Guest dodge-167
Any chance you could share some logs to help Paul fix any errors you may be having? Make sure you install the Hungarian update, followed by CUSTOM_HU then install amon-RA recovery. Then enter recovery, wipe data, dalvik, then partition your SD card if needed. If it's already partitioned then wipe ext then repair. Update using Pauls rom and it should work without issues.

Most problems that I have experienced in the past have been down to not wiping the device properly before.

Is A2SD+ or A2SD working for you???

Guest Simon O
Are you running a2sd+ version or the a2sd version.

Whatever Paul baked into the rom. I don't have kitchen access.

Edit: r15 without additions with A2SD+

Edited by flibblesan

Guest mr.a
Whatever Paul baked into the rom. I don't have kitchen access.

Edit: r15 without additions with A2SD+

It's sooooo strange. i flashed the hunary update several times and i think it did not flash properly

because the background and the shortcuts would be different.

i flashed the hungarian update again and now the wallpaper is standard black and i don't get any

FC (not even in the wizard) and i flashed the Customized one.

What i notice is that now i have apps like mobile tv, web'n'walk etc. i didn't have these first :(

i will now try to flash Pauls r7 with a2sd+ :( (again....)

Guest gusthy

+1

a2sd+ version tmobile home screen, contacts.apk changed manually to rbm, rock stable.

3 things:

-wipe before flashing

-if you have ext2fs, do a "repair ext partition" before and after flashing

-after flashing you had better installing hungarian update again

Edited by gusthy

Guest Simon O
It's sooooo strange. i flashed the hunary update several times and i think it did not flash properly

because the background and the shortcuts would be different.

i flashed the hungarian update again and now the wallpaper is standard black and i don't get any

FC (not even in the wizard) and i flashed the Customized one.

What i notice is that now i have apps like mobile tv, web'n'walk etc. i didn't have these first :(

i will now try to flash Pauls r7 with a2sd+ :( (again....)

Yep, that happened to me at first. The launcher icons were wrong and some not even working. Flashing with tmobile, customhu made everything work.

I think the T-Mobile update stores some settings in a different partition which screw things up for some custom roms. Even when I wiped using amonra recovery, installing any rom based on Red Bull made the icons wrong in the tray.

Or maybe recovery isn't clearing the partitions correctly :s

Guest Zsolabola
Up and running for over 25 hours now and absolutely no issues. No FCs, no reboots... I have baked my own though (not a precooked one). No A2SD also.

+1 up and running for over 20 hours No problem at all

I also have a custom one, no A2SD

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

if i install apk from sd card it's installed on the phone and not on the SD card.

I'm using A2SD.

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest Bigsy

Using a2sd version, and every now and again I have acore FC waiting for me when I unlock the phone, I also get some very long pauses when opening some apps, even just switching to them when there already open.

Other than that everything is fine.

Edited by Bigsy

Guest alpha232

A lot of the issues you guys seem to be having have to be related to the apps that came either when you made your own rom or downloaded paul's as a free member because after putting the email client in the kitchen this rom has been rock solid for about 36 hours

Guest Simon O
A lot of the issues you guys seem to be having have to be related to the apps that came either when you made your own rom or downloaded paul's as a free member because after putting the email client in the kitchen this rom has been rock solid for about 36 hours

Paul's rom has the Email client installed already.

Guest giryan

Mine's been rock solid since I installed it, thanks Paul.

Just one FC at the very start.

:(

(Kitchened ROM, A2SD, -Roadsync, -DtG, and that's it I think.)

Guest Daniel Williamson

Where did you find the roadsync app? been looking all over to delete it aha :(

Dan

Guest giryan

Dan

Never including it is an option in the Kitchen. :(

Guest whackster

Dan

You can just uninstall it, or if you want to delete it its in /data/app :(

Guest bounty123

Mine is rock solid also (very minimalistic A2SD). The FC at the bootup is just a timeout warning, not a real FC.