29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Fusion0306
Just wonder so few people complain to increasing volume when phone is ringing. For me taht is the most annoying issue in this ROM. Or did you find any solution?

I like that feature. That way, when I'm close to the phone when it rings, it's not that loud from the start. And when I'm not that close, it becomes really loud :( And i mean reallllllly

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest goce.nakov
Just wonder so few people complain to increasing volume when phone is ringing. For me taht is the most annoying issue in this ROM. Or did you find any solution?

I like that future also...when you are in the buss you have time to mute the phone...and when you are walking in the street it is laoud so you can hear the phone.

Guest MaToNeo
I like that future also...when you are in the buss you have time to mute the phone...and when you are walking in the street it is laoud so you can hear the phone.

Yeah, now I can always hear when my wife is calling :( I missed it sometimes before. However I consider this as feature if its optional. So no solution?

Guest Stevos
That's the problem. They never restart.

Ah... I have been speculating on this issue here (post 11 onwards)

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...cat-on-2-1-mcr/

I didn't know anyone had actually seen this happen, but it seems logical given the memory restrictions we are working with.

If this is what I think, then it's a case of the low memory conditions causing not only normal background tasks, but running services, and potentially essential system tasks to be kicked out. It's a natural part of how the android multitasking works, but it sounds like we may be operating at the fringe of what is possible.

It looks like the basic free memory on boot may not be enough to comfortably run one application.

This could be having serious implications on how the phone runs if schedules system tasks and services end up being stopped. We might see things like calendar and alarm notifications fails, data sync stop working, and potentially other side effects if the phone is killing this background stuff and never having enough memory to restart them.

Perhaps if we can get the memory footprint down by tweaking we can get this working more smoothly.

Guest Glenn W.

Hi,

im using R7 with a2sd+ (both hungarian updates were applied) and wondered if the following is a bug or feature:

Pressing the green button leads me to 'Call log'. I am unable to type a number from there or select contacts.

On 1.5 fw the green button pointed to the 'Dialer' app.

Is there any way to change this quick and dirty?

@Paul is there a changelog for R15? Is this issue already fixed?

Thnks!

BR

Glenn

Guest goce.nakov
Hi,

im using R7 with a2sd+ (both hungarian updates were applied) and wondered if the following is a bug or feature:

Pressing the green button leads me to 'Call log'. I am unable to type a number from there or select contacts.

On 1.5 fw the green button pointed to the 'Dialer' app.

Is there any way to change this quick and dirty?

@Paul is there a changelog for R15? Is this issue already fixed?

Thnks!

BR

Glenn

Unfortunately you can't change that.....it is a known future (bug) in 2.1

You can install different dialer/phonebook/call log like vanilla one or from RBM ROM and in that way when you press green button he will lead you to call log but you have tubs to the top where you can browse what you will want to do (dial a number or view phonebook)

Cheers

Guest tomjo7

Okay, just a quick question really.

As you know, the hungarian version of 2.1 has now been released, has vibration and everything. The only problems with it that I have already noticed is that the music switches off a lot and that live wallpapers dont stay there for very long when I'm playing with my Pulse.

Now what I want to know is, is Pauls ROM better? I know it's using Vanilla which I find better than T-Mobiles stock ROM, but do the built in applications on it work any better? What features are missing/not been added to this? And would I be able to change from the T-Mobile one to Paul's and vice versa?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Guest tomjo7

As you know, the hungarian version of 2.1 has now been released, has vibration and everything. The only problems with it that I have already noticed is that the music switches off a lot and that live wallpapers dont stay there for very long when I'm playing with my Pulse.

Now what I want to know is, is Pauls ROM better? I know it's using Vanilla which I find better than T-Mobiles stock ROM, but do the built in applications on it work any better? What features are missing/not been added to this? And would I be able to change from the T-Mobile one to Paul's and vice versa?

Thanks

Okay, sorry for a lot of questions :(

Guest goce.nakov

Thanks

Paul's MDC ROM isn't vanilla style yet

Does it's better in individual (for me it is better, but I customized mine ROM even further)

You have all the futures in it

Yes you can go vice-versa

Guest Cheadle

Hi,

I thought at we tend to be getting posts all over the place that we could put all the issues into one forum and then the excellent skilled people could work on the issues raised and hopefully produce a rom that we all love as much as 1.x MCR :(

If you have a problem/issue with 2.1 - please feel free to record it here; http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ems-report-log/

Guest Simon O
Any updates on this ?

Looks like Paul is busy on HTC hero :(

I don't blame him! The Hero recently got an official OTA 2.1 ROM and most rom modders are working on these.

But I can see this rom being useful for us if only to help produce a completely vanilla 2.1 rom for our Pulses, which we currently do not have.

Guest Simon O
I don't blame him! The Hero recently got an official OTA 2.1 ROM and most rom modders are working on these.

But I can see this rom being useful for us if only to help produce a completely vanilla 2.1 rom for our Pulses, which we currently do not have.

And he's just got a Dell Streak. With all these lovely gadgets it wouldn't surprise me now if the Pulse is very low priority. Doesn't matter though as the 2.1 rom he released does work well and all the variations people are making are great.

I do wonder where BigBear has got to though :(

Edited by flibblesan

Guest MarcusHenrique
And he's just got a Dell Streak. With all these lovely gadgets it wouldn't surprise me now if the Pulse is very low priority. Doesn't matter though as the 2.1 rom he released does work well and all the variations people are making are great.

I do wonder where BigBear has got to though :(

He's working on 2.2 =P

Guest Fantomni

Hi!

I'm new proud user of T-mobile Pulse.

I just updated to android 2.1+customization_hu 2.1.

After that i installed 14/Jan 1.5.2 - custom recovery image following these instructions:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then, next step was 29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...en-android-2-1/

Also, i've installed 1.5-pulse-superboot.

As new android 2.1 left me only 40MB of internal memory i desperately need app2sd so i can install aplications.

I already made ext2 and fat32 partitions.

It'll be realy great if someone can help me with installation of app2sd on my phone.

I can see that Paul is master mind here, so i will be very happy if help me with this(anyone else is VERY welcome) :(

Thanks in advance!

Guest Simon O
Hi!

I'm new proud user of T-mobile Pulse.

I just updated to android 2.1+customization_hu 2.1.

After that i installed 14/Jan 1.5.2 - custom recovery image following these instructions:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then, next step was 29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...en-android-2-1/

Also, i've installed 1.5-pulse-superboot.

As new android 2.1 left me only 40MB of internal memory i desperately need app2sd so i can install aplications.

I already made ext2 and fat32 partitions.

It'll be realy great if someone can help me with installation of app2sd on my phone.

I can see that Paul is master mind here, so i will be very happy if help me with this(anyone else is VERY welcome) :)

Thanks in advance!

If you are using the r7 rom and have made the partitions from recovery, then apps2sd will work without you doing anything else. You won't see the free space increase inside the phone settings.

Guest flash2004
After restart i also have bug 'Proces android.process.acore is not responding', just FYI:)

that's ok. just press wait ...

Guest flash2004

Just installed this MCR.. the front screen icons seem to be switched wrongly.. any ideas ? (is it safe to install the hungarian customized update )

Guest tomjo7

I've done everything that is meant to be done, but when I try to update from zip about half way through I get the following message:

E:Can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/ .ssh

(No such file or directory)

E:Failiure at line 363:

set_perm 0 0 0700 DATA:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Guest igor_anta
I've done everything that is meant to be done, but when I try to update from zip about half way through I get the following message:

E:Can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/ .ssh

(No such file or directory)

E:Failiure at line 363:

set_perm 0 0 0700 DATA:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Re-download?