29/May r7 WIP pre-release - MoDaCo Custom ROM for T-Mobile Pulse with online kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Azurren
Hello and thank you ! I am happy that someone answers, as Paul does not read his messages according to tracking.

Yes, I have installed this Hungarian 2.1. It brought me to message: low phone memory, after only a few installed apps.

I just read your "how to do".

My 8GB SD card has only one FAT32 partition, may it have to do with that ?

Thanks

If you have baked an "Apps to SD" version then yes, this could be the problem. You could bake one without or you could enable it (There is a how-to in that guide)

If you baked a rom without "Apps to SD" then it is probably a different problem. Did you "Wipe" before trying to install the custom rom? Is your device plugged in via USB (in case the battery is low)

Edited by Azurren

Guest NPeete

Hi!

I tried to install non-cooked MCR with A2SD. As the tutorials, in Amon-Ra I've partitioned SD and wiped to factory defs. So far so good. But on the next step when I wanted to wipe ext partition and davlik-cache there has been a problem: it writed an error that I should try wiping it by adb console. I googled for this but I found that's a 'bug', it eventually did it - but it looks like it didn't.

After that I've installed the ROM almost everything's fine except a2sd ain't working. As someone mentioned I've checked via Root Explorer the folder /data/apps , it writes that only a few space left.

I've tried fix ext part. and moving apps&davlik to sd as well, but then I get the same error mentioned above.

What should I do?

Guest prostar

This was the problem:

I have "baked" a Custom Rom for my T-Mobile Pulse r7 online.

Now, during installation I get an error message:

Deleting files...

E:can't chown/mod /data/dropbear/.ssh

No such file or directory

E:failure at line 363

Set_perm 0 0 0700 Data:dropbear/.ssh

Installation aborted

This is the actual situation:

Target: A2SD+

Partitioning-Instructions for SD-Card: Post of valiumii from 25.06.2010 11:26 on www.pocketpc.ch (I only found German instructions)

Installing Custom Recovery Image 1.5.2 Pulse-amonrecovery.zip

Installing "Hungarian" T-Mobile Upgrade 2.1 (but NOT the update in the same download file)

Installing the "cooked" MoDaCo custom ROM incl. A2SD+

Result:

Although I installed about 20 apps incl. NAVIGON and Fring, no more app or memory problems, still more than 40MB free.

Pulse works properly, there seems to be only one exemption: GPS stops working / hangs up after some time with Navigon.

I do not know whether that is a Navigon problem, or a GPS problems of the Pulse modification, but other apps who access GPS only short time, have no problems.

regards

Guest Zsolabola

Could we expect any update here ?

I'm using this ROM since with this version I don't have SMS issues, but sometimes it eats up memory and slows down as hell. When this happens usually the gtalk servise logs off, and after that the gmail does not indicates new mail messages.

I tried the sweedish ROM today with the Flibblesean mod with a2sd but the launcher was meshed up and i've experienced a lot of FC-s even after wipe and reinstall.

Now Im back on this

Guest Totyasrác

He reported 2 weeks ago (via Twitter) that there's some interesting stuff is about to come for us... I really do hope we won't have to wait too much :)

(Best I can hope for is some sort of /dload -type upgrade resizing system partition resulting in some more space for RAM :D)

Guest Simon O
He reported 2 weeks ago (via Twitter) that there's some interesting stuff is about to come for us...

Maybe he was talking about FLB-MOD 1.0 :) :D

Guest Totyasrác
Nah I'm pretty sure Paul does have something for us Pulse users.

Actually, if he could hack partition sizes - FLB would be as awesome as nothing else :)

(Even though we don't know what he's up to... :D )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest holysmoke

going to try out this rom as too many force closes and sms problems with the others I've tried - wonder if those updates are coming soon

Guest totiadrenalin

I did just like you wrote here, but no boot at all.

it stop on android logo only.

I trie with wipe cache,dalvik and ext

but the same problem agains.

Can u please tell me what m'I doing wrong?

Is there some problem with my phone or what?

whit the flb mod i did, but whats wrong here whit this rom?

or maybe whit my phone?

I'm from Macedonia and the phone is t-mobile pulse

not the original Huawei u8220.

Can please somebody help me here?

Guest Fusion0306
I did just like you wrote here, but no boot at all.

it stop on android logo only.

I trie with wipe cache,dalvik and ext

but the same problem agains.

Can u please tell me what m'I doing wrong?

Is there some problem with my phone or what?

whit the flb mod i did, but whats wrong here whit this rom?

or maybe whit my phone?

I'm from Macedonia and the phone is t-mobile pulse

not the original Huawei u8220.

Can please somebody help me here?

You can't go wrong with FLB-MOD. This ROM is not up-to-date

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fantomni

On FLB-MOD everything works fine except 3G signal and Internet (these two thing can't work).

This is the most stable custom ROM i have ever used-r7-pulse-modacocustomrom-withoutadditions-a2sd+-signed.

Only thing about this rom that can't work is app2sd+.

Does anyone know how to move dalvik cache to sd from this rom?

Command app2sd cachesd doesn't work from terminal emulator, i think that is something about busybox...

Any ideas?

Guest MuhaJR
On FLB-MOD everything works fine except 3G signal and Internet (these two thing can't work).

This is the most stable custom ROM i have ever used-r7-pulse-modacocustomrom-withoutadditions-a2sd+-signed.

Only thing about this rom that can't work is app2sd+.

Does anyone know how to move dalvik cache to sd from this rom?

Command app2sd cachesd doesn't work from terminal emulator, i think that is something about busybox...

Any ideas?

Try from your computer, type (without quotes) "adb shell a2ds cachesd"... It should work.

Edited by MuhaJR

Guest MuhaJR
I'm under windows on my pc. From terminal on the phone it can't recognize command adb shell ?

Navigate (through terminal) to folder where you installed ADB...

Guest flip360

its really sad that paul left the pulse rom "hanging" in there...

So paul if you read this, i know you have no time for the Pulse but be polite to the subcribers from the pulse section of your forum and generally to the users which dont have a HIGHEND android phone, would ya`? A BIG disrespect to you if things stay like this.

p.s. i dont really care if you dont have the sources or drivers for 2.1 or whatnot, i can see that other pulse roms are humming along without it.

have a good day if you can.

Guest Daz555

Fair point above. I went "add-free" a while back and so got my moneys worth in terms of access to the Kitchen for the 1.5 ROMS. Probably not such good value for any Pulse owners considering it now though.

Guest goce.nakov
Fair point above. I went "add-free" a while back and so got my moneys worth in terms of access to the Kitchen for the 1.5 ROMS. Probably not such good value for any Pulse owners considering it now though.

+1 here

Just when I payed for add free..Paul stopped supporting Pulse

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wickedwackguy

I am having the trouble that a ton of applications are not responding anymore. especially google voice recognition and acore. its really starting to get on my nerves. i tried wiping everything and installing it new 3 times but still no change.

i must say though, it works REALLY fast. alot better then the "official" tmobile 2.1 ROM.

any idees what i can do? or am i just SOL till 2.2 is done?

Guest andreass4
I am having the trouble that a ton of applications are not responding anymore. especially google voice recognition and acore. its really starting to get on my nerves. i tried wiping everything and installing it new 3 times but still no change.

i must say though, it works REALLY fast. alot better then the "official" tmobile 2.1 ROM.

any idees what i can do? or am i just SOL till 2.2 is done?

install FLB-Mod, it is really stable and also fast, have it installed since 3 weeks and till yet no force close or random reboots... But take the version with ADW or Stock launcher, cause the launcher pro needs too much recources and our phones dont have that much ram :P