Edit reg or extract CSC in i8000

Guest luciuzk

Guest luciuzk

Hey people,

Im a noob in this of flashing roms but now I can do some things that couldnt last week...

Anyways, my problem is that after flashing the phone (I8000), with any, or almost any rom... the IE (and opera in some roms) tries to connect to the orange network.

So I was wondering...

If I extract another CSC file (Ive asked and there are some tools that might help to do this) from another phone in my country, given by the same company, and flash it to my cel... will this solve my problem?

OR, Do I have just to edit the reg of the WM in my phone to make the IE or opera work under my ISP connection...

Please, if anyone knows what to do in this case, let me know

MY ISP info:

ICE Costa Rica

Actual ROM (leak from kingmobi "oficial ROM)

PDA: JE3

CSC: JE5

PHONE: JD1

Thanks

Edited by luciuzk

Guest Terry666

You need an UNBRANDED CSC if you can't find a Costa Rica one...

Do you use Windows XP Vista or 7? Have you try the Samsung down-loader from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-downloader/

You may find an Official ROM and use the CSC from it...

When you flash choose, if you can, different combination of CODE: I8000???JE5 and language... this code show the country or the area...

Guest luciuzk
You need an UNBRANDED CSC if you can't find a Costa Rica one...

Do you use Windows XP Vista or 7? Have you try the Samsung down-loader from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-downloader/

You may find an Official ROM and use the CSC from it...

When you flash choose, if you can, different combination of CODE: I8000???JE5 and language... this code show the country or the area...

Im using windows 7... Im gonna try the downloader to see if I can get that CSC...

Anyways, Rapid recommended me to do this:

In the most of the time the Restore Connections in Samsung Options works. If not, then you need to set the connections manually.

I did it, but since I erased the lnk of IE I havent had the chance to try if it works

And about the code... Im using AMN (spain for spanish) since theres no for latam o CR. I look with the downloader and theres none also...

Gonna find out the right CSC from another cel in my country and will try to get the same one, if extract is not posible.

THX

Edited by luciuzk

Guest luciuzk

Well looks like it worked... I donwloaded the ROM using the FUS for portugal and now it all works, now i just have a question... if I flash the JE3 ROM leaked from kingmobi using the CSC that got for portugal, will it work, or can I have some problems?

Wich files can I download without problems... The portugal CSC and the JE3 Rom only, or should use the phone and eboot files always?

if I can flash only MST and CSC then will boot:

Movinand: PDA_I8000NXXJE3_HW_40.mst

and CSC: CSC_I8000TMNJE2.csc

This CSC comes with a JE3.mst and a JD1.bin as well as mst

but the kingmobi mst comes with a JE5.CSC... can this cause a problem?, i mean, by using another CSC to flash a similar ROM?...

Guest skoda60
Well looks like it worked... I donwloaded the ROM using the FUS for portugal and now it all works, now i just have a question... if I flash the JE3 ROM leaked from kingmobi using the CSC that got for portugal, will it work, or can I have some problems?

Wich files can I download without problems... The portugal CSC and the JE3 Rom only, or should use the phone and eboot files always?

if I can flash only MST and CSC then will boot:

Movinand: PDA_I8000NXXJE3_HW_40.mst

and CSC: CSC_I8000TMNJE2.csc

This CSC comes with a JE3.mst and a JD1.bin as well as mst

but the kingmobi mst comes with a JE5.CSC... can this cause a problem?, i mean, by using another CSC to flash a similar ROM?...

You just flashed the PDA_i8000NXXJE3(wm6.5 ROM) sure will worked for you.