Need beta tester for new ROM

Guest amdzero

As the title says, I need a beta tester (or a few) to test out a new ROM I'm cooking.

Its going to include M2D (NOT TOUCHFLO3D)

right now it is mostly functional, I just need some guinea pigs.

post-463858-1275865901_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

Guest kdkinc
As the title says, I need a beta tester (or a few) to test out a new ROM I'm cooking.

hit me!! OINK !!!

:) :)

Nice Pic :)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest amdzero
hit me!! OINK !!!

Nice Pic :)

I'm trying to get album/music tab fixed before I goto beta.

I thought it was working, but not so much.

Guest kdkinc
I'm trying to get album/music tab fixed before I goto beta.

I thought it was working, but not so much.

when ever I'll be gone in 1 hour but be back at 4:40 am

Guest das7771

post-463858-1275865901_thumb.png

I'll play lab rat for a while if you still need more testers. I am switching to the incredible, but still have two weeks before I get it, so I will be more than happy to test for you.

Guest kdkinc
I'll play lab rat for a while if you still need more testers. I am switching to the incredible, but still have two weeks before I get it, so I will be more than happy to test for you.

not gonna wait to see the Droid2 ?? looks interesting, could be a tough choice.

Guest das7771

Na,

The screen is too big for my taste and I don't really want a physical keyboard. I think the incredible will be my preference because of the overall size. I carry my phone in my pocket, because when I have it holstered I am constantly hitting things and knocking it off. I think a 4+ inch screen is to big for me. IMO

Sorry AMD, didn't mean to get off topic....LOL

Edited by das7771

Guest amdzero
Na,

The screen is too big for my taste and I don't really want a physical keyboard. I think the incredible will be my preference because of the overall size. I carry my phone in my pocket, because when I have it holstered I am constantly hitting things and knocking it off. I think a 4+ inch screen is to big for me. IMO

Sorry AMD, didn't mean to get off topic....LOL

If my plan was up I might think about an android phone, but there are just too many good phones coming out here soon. My friend keeps trying to talk me into a droid, but I say NO SIR!

okay back on topic.

I cannot figure out how to fix the albm/music tabs. This is frustrating as it has taken me weeks just to get my phone to boot with M2D

Guest das7771
If my plan was up I might think about an android phone, but there are just too many good phones coming out here soon. My friend keeps trying to talk me into a droid, but I say NO SIR!

okay back on topic.

I cannot figure out how to fix the albm/music tabs. This is frustrating as it has taken me weeks just to get my phone to boot with M2D

Well if you want some testing before you get it fixed I will do it for ya....I am a flashaholic so I won't hesitate. I am actually very anxious to try this out and put it through it's paces.

Guest amdzero
i dont know if its gonna help, but here is the wvga m2d for M900

Thanks, thats actually where I got most of my stuff. The "fixes" don't work for album nor audio. I'm going to give to some beta testers via PM.

Guest donaudette

just so you know, I was running your base rom with noobody and rapid sense 2.5 seperate download. everything worked great, the only thing that didn't work was in the calendar, agenda, when you selected an appt the screen would be blank. it was the fastest rom with sense. I also ran m2d 1.3 from that same topic it worked well for that as well.

Guest Lancez
Thanks, thats actually where I got most of my stuff. The "fixes" don't work for album nor audio. I'm going to give to some beta testers via PM.

u r welcome, hopefully it'll work on i8000 too

Guest lambi1982

any way to remove the start bar on the bottom, this is the only thing that I am not a fan of with the newer builds of WinMo.

First thing I noticed is the Microsoft My Phone sync options you can not scroll (lack of scroll bar) does not seem to react to kinetic scroll.

Second, keyboard seems a tad slow (understandable for an early rom) have you noticed this??

Note* Samsung main menu looks great when installed with this Rom.

Edit** just noticed the media player does not work and wont even play recorded videos.

Edited by lambi1982

Guest donaudette

running sense 2.5 on it now. looking good. post #2 from here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-sense-2-5-rom/

make sure you load opengles file first, reboot, then load sense. it takes about 20 minutes (don't let it time out). wish I could figure out the reason the caldander items are blank. I just map the samsung touch calander via cookies home tab mod.

OpenGLESv1.cab

Guest amdzero

make sure you load opengles file first, reboot, then load sense. it takes about 20 minutes (don't let it time out). wish I could figure out the reason the caldander items are blank. I just map the samsung touch calander via cookies home tab mod.

I'm going to try to load up a rom with Sense 2.5 to see how it goes.

BTW OpenGLESv1 is pre-installed by default on all my ROMs.

Guest das7771

I think there is a file association problem with file explorer. When you try to open any picture or video file while in file explorer nothing happens. I did notice that when you tap on a file that the task bar will kinda flash but nothing happens. I think there is nothing associating file types in the registry. Also media player, both microsoft and samsung, will not open any media files as well.

Another thing, is that I can not get my email to work. With the stock rom and others, my yahoo account will usually set up automatically, with just my email and password. Now it says that it can not find automatic settings and asks me to manually do it. When I go enter my pop3 settings I keep getting a failure to connect message, when it tries to do it's initial connection.

M2D performs very well. Better than I thought. It is very fast with little to no lag. All tabs seem to work just fine. Sometimes when I use google search and then exit and go back to the search tab there is an extra search box overlapping the other but it will go away. It's not that big of a deal. I also can not change backgrounds as it seems there is a problem with file explorer not being able to open any files.

The M2D tabs also disappear when changed to landscape mode. Not sure if landscape is not supported or this is a problem you were not aware of.

I really like this ROM though and look forward to updates. Nice work man.

Guest Ninja4Hire

I actually installed that rom (just wondering how it would work on a i920). It actually runs really smooth and responsive, but of course the phone part was not functional.

AMD, you should try cooking their sense cab in, or do you prefer M2D.

Guest kdkinc
I think there is a file association problem with file explorer. When you try to open any picture or video file while in file explorer nothing happens. I did notice that when you tap on a file that the task bar will kinda flash but nothing happens. I think there is nothing associating file types in the registry. Also media player, both microsoft and samsung, will not open any media files as well.

Another thing, is that I can not get my email to work. With the stock rom and others, my yahoo account will usually set up automatically, with just my email and password. Now it says that it can not find automatic settings and asks me to manually do it. When I go enter my pop3 settings I keep getting a failure to connect message, when it tries to do it's initial connection.

M2D performs very well. Better than I thought. It is very fast with little to no lag. All tabs seem to work just fine. Sometimes when I use google search and then exit and go back to the search tab there is an extra search box overlapping the other but it will go away. It's not that big of a deal. I also can not change backgrounds as it seems there is a problem with file explorer not being able to open any files.

The M2D tabs also disappear when changed to landscape mode. Not sure if landscape is not supported or this is a problem you were not aware of.

wow didn't catch the file association deal for pic's.

Don't have a issue with music players ..

Guest JohnJayJrV
I'm going to try to load up a rom with Sense 2.5 to see how it goes.

BTW OpenGLESv1 is pre-installed by default on all my ROMs.

You'd be the hero of the hour if you could get 2.5 installed. Does the 2.5 cab from that post work on our i920s?

jv

Guest amdzero

I removed the album/music tab, but not the content behind them. So I think the file associations are stuck with HTC stuff. I'll see if I can remove them.

M2D is very reminiscent of my i910 days. Its very fast and does what I need it to. This is version 1, not 2.0 so its much faster. The background is:

hh_fw_focus_background.png

hh_fw_background.png

over write those and reenable TouchFlo to get your new backgrounds up.

landscape mode is not supported, and probably won't be unless I have a lot of time one day.

I cannot take all the credit for this, as I just gathered up some .cabs and files and slapped it into a cooked rom.

Thanks for beta testing for me.

Guest amdzero
I actually installed that rom (just wondering how it would work on a i920). It actually runs really smooth and responsive, but of course the phone part was not functional.

AMD, you should try cooking their sense cab in, or do you prefer M2D.

I'm still trying to get sense 2.5 in a cooked rom. It cooks, but there is no selection for it on the today screen.

I'm puzzled.

I cannot say I prefer M2D as I haven't tried Sense cooked in yet.

If anyone is willing to provide some skinning later I'd appreciate it. *hint hint*