Need beta tester for new ROM

Guest JohnJayJrV
well yes, I thought I had....I see the issue, I tried to just attach the .dll. it no likey that. zipped it up

Didn't work. Actually couldn't even send with that dll. You have an i8000 or i920? I actually have an i920...

jv

Guest donaudette
Didn't work. Actually couldn't even send with that dll. You have an i8000 or i920? I actually have an i920...

jv

i920. sorry about that. just trying to help. you may want to check that other thread that the base sense was taken from (at least I think that is where it came from). I remember reading about mms problems.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Ok I found a fix for the MMS issue, but when I applied it I can no longer access the send screens for SMS/MMS (samsung or HTC). I know it fixed the receive problems because the HTC messaging tab screen shows me my messages and the little paper clip for the test MMS attachment I sent.

I am going to work on breaking the fix apart and getting it to work. Below is the post I found. Maybe you guys will find something else that will help.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1291048

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Rcman12

Ill also volunteer as a tester if yall need help... I've messed with sense on the i920 a few times and have a pretty good basic understanding of the interface

Guest amdzero
Ill also volunteer as a tester if yall need help... I've messed with sense on the i920 a few times and have a pretty good basic understanding of the interface

as in hacking to make it work?

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot use any of the search boxes with a cooked rom. It works fine when I cab it afterwards, but cooked in it just freezes.

I've disabled the search for now, but thats kind of weak.

Also where is the background set? in the registry or in an xml file?

Guest Ninja4Hire
as in hacking to make it work?

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot use any of the search boxes with a cooked rom. It works fine when I cab it afterwards, but cooked in it just freezes.

I've disabled the search for now, but thats kind of weak.

Also where is the background set? in the registry or in an xml file?

All good questions......to which I have no answers!

Guest KSamp

You guys should check out the thread in the tg01 forum...they have been working on getting sense 2.1/2.5 working....they've got alot of fixes over there that you can probably use...looking over the problems you guys are having ive seen alot of solutions over there...check it out ninja and amd!

they have a disablemylocation.cab so that you can use your selected city i believe

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...-1-2-5-in-test/

Guest amdzero
You guys should check out the thread in the tg01 forum...they have been working on getting sense 2.1/2.5 working....they've got alot of fixes over there that you can probably use...looking over the problems you guys are having ive seen alot of solutions over there...check it out ninja and amd!

they have a disablemylocation.cab so that you can use your selected city i believe

http://www.modaco.com/content/toshiba-tg01...-1-2-5-in-test/

disable?????

My Location is the only thing that works flawlessly!

Thanks for the tip tho, I'll check it out.

Guest donaudette

some interesting information...I started to look for my htchomesettings.xml figuring that amdzero would want to look at that for the background issue, and it was not in my windows directory. I thougt..hmmm...... so I copied it back from an older copy that I had from the sense cab install. that didnt change the background either. so then I went ahead and tried loading bgtweak that is recommended on xda-developers. well that didnt change the background either, only the top and bottom bars have the image, then sense itself remained black ( I changed the theme to black). thought that was interesting information.

I also noticed when in email, clicking on an attachment gives an error about not being able to load. you have to save it, then you can open it in file manager.

Guest amdzero
some interesting information...I started to look for my htchomesettings.xml figuring that amdzero would want to look at that for the background issue, and it was not in my windows directory. I thougt..hmmm...... so I copied it back from an older copy that I had from the sense cab install. that didnt change the background either. so then I went ahead and tried loading bgtweak that is recommended on xda-developers. well that didnt change the background either, only the top and bottom bars have the image, then sense itself remained black ( I changed the theme to black). thought that was interesting information.

I also noticed when in email, clicking on an attachment gives an error about not being able to load. you have to save it, then you can open it in file manager.

interesting... Yeah a lot has changed from M2D to Sense, I'm lost sifting through thread after thread over at XDA trying to find solutions. If you guys stumple upon a solution let me know. I tried some registry edits for still backgrounds instead of animated ones, but no joy.

Guest donaudette
interesting... Yeah a lot has changed from M2D to Sense, I'm lost sifting through thread after thread over at XDA trying to find solutions. If you guys stumple upon a solution let me know. I tried some registry edits for still backgrounds instead of animated ones, but no joy.

yes, it did seem reading through those threads that getting sense tweaked right takes a lot of research. So I want to say thank you for the effort you are putting into this. I tried disabling location settings and manually adding my city, boy it doesn't like that at all. locks up the device, especially the home screen. I wonder if there is a link between that and the background not changing? if possible you may want to try cooking a rom without the location stuff turned on and see if you can change the background. for me, I can live with everything else, but I like changing the background image. let me know if I can test or try anything to help.

Guest donaudette

ok, I was able to change the background. I installed cookie home editor 1.8 and changed it there. it comes up with a white screen at first, but after you boot I think it changes. I also loaded a product called background wizard 1.0 it makes the top and bottom bar transparent and blends it with your background image. I kind of loaded them both at the same time after a clean hard reset and now I can change the background. warning cookie home tab will consume some memory, so again I recommend the cleanram latest version to help manage your memory....

Guest speedfrog

can you please make a cab of your M2D? since I have the European version of the omnia ii, therefore I can not flash i920 roms

Guest amdzero
can you please make a cab of your M2D? since I have the European version of the omnia ii, therefore I can not flash i920 roms

well check this out, this is where I"m getting my material for our i920 rom.

you guys over on the i8000 side have a working ROM already!

Guest speedfrog
well check this out, this is where I"m getting my material for our i920 rom.

you guys over on the i8000 side have a working ROM already!

no... there is many things that is not working on the i8000 M2D cab

here is my review of M2D 2.0:

Post 108

Edited by speedfrog

Guest amdzero
no... there is many things that is not working on the i8000 M2D cab

here is my review of M2D 2.0:

Post 108

I stand corrected, I thought they had this thing all hooked up.

I'll see what I can do for you.

Edited by amdzero

Guest sixstrings

thanks for the link bro. i'll install this and give it the ol' sixstrings run thru and let you know what i find...but im sure it'll be fantastic tho.

Guest rpmm70

I flashed to the new beta this morning and it seems to be working well.

My memory seems to be around 20MB and I can get up to 30 or 40 after using cleanRAM.

I am not able to add a new location to the Weather tab. When I go to add location, the phone freezes. I am only able to bring the keyboard up and down and turn off the phone with a long press on the end button.

I found a couple of minor issues that do not effect the functionality of the phone:

- In the Sense contact list with any contacts with pictures, the pictures are upside down and negative. But they show up fine if I add anyone to the People tab.

- In the Settings tab, Personalize does not have an icon.

Edited by rpmm70

Guest amdzero
I flashed to the new beta this morning and it seems to be working well.

My memory seems to be around 20MB and I can get up to 30 or 40 after using cleanRAM.

I am not able to add a new location to the Weather tab. When I go to add location, the phone freezes. I am only able to bring the keyboard up and down and turn off the phone with a long press on the end button.

I found a couple of minor issues that do not effect the functionality of the phone:

- In the Sense contact list with any contacts with pictures, the pictures are upside down and negative. But they show up fine if I add anyone to the People tab.

- In the Settings tab, Personalize does not have an icon.

yeah still looking for fixes for those, apparently any "search box" used in sense 2.5 will cause a freeze. not sure why, could be the way I ported it.

Guest speedfrog
I stand corrected, I thought they had this thing all hooked up.

I'll see what I can do for you.

I did not understand quite what you meant by this.

Guest amdzero
I did not understand quite what you meant by this.

my impression was that rapid had a fully working i8000 sense 2.5 port. didn't know there were still issues with it.