30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jonathanmusto

Anyone else beginning to think that HTC have forgotten about us in Europe? They released the GSM 2.1 in Malasia 2 weeks ago now, but still..... we have NOTHING!!

Guest Guiluge

Yup, that's a shame...

This ROM is working reaaaally great, but I miss my good'old French locale.

Great thanks to Paul anyway for its awesome work!

Anyone else beginning to think that HTC have forgotten about us in Europe? They released the GSM 2.1 in Malasia 2 weeks ago now, but still..... we have NOTHING!!

Guest bazza_1988

can i use adb with this rom? ever since moving to roms based on the official 2.1 ive been unable to adb remount. i need to so i can push launcherpro.apk into a baked rom because i dont want rosie. any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest Dr. dre
can i use adb with this rom? ever since moving to roms based on the official 2.1 ive been unable to adb remount. i need to so i can push launcherpro.apk into a baked rom because i dont want rosie. any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes! you can very well use the ADB remount permission with this ROM, It's very well mentioned in the MCR 4.0 thread

Guest Dan Mullen
Ok it's back, butmy latest bake gets

E: missing file: system/build.prop.nopasswortd

E: verification failed

From the top of the kitchen post...

"We are currently managing a load issue on the kitchen. ROM downloads are currently UNSIGNED, and must be installed using ClockworkMod recovery (available via ROM Manager on the Android Market). Apologies for any inconvenience caused - this is a temporary measure to help provide the best possible service."

Guest Dan Mullen
From the top of the kitchen post...

"We are currently managing a load issue on the kitchen. ROM downloads are currently UNSIGNED, and must be installed using ClockworkMod recovery (available via ROM Manager on the Android Market). Apologies for any inconvenience caused - this is a temporary measure to help provide the best possible service."

The kitchen is fully functional again.

Guest domketley
Taking plurk out of the ROM sorted it.

@Paul : There may be an issue with plurk in the ROM. I submitted logs above.

I've replicated this. With plurk in the ROM the phone got stuck on the HTC quietly brilliant screen. This was the case whether or not apps2sd was included. Without plurk the ROM with apps2sd installed fine.

Delighted now it's installed though - cheers Paul! ;)

Guest satnam99

Quick update on my situation - i uninstalled some recently installed apps and the freezing seems to have stopped for now. Don't know exactly which one it was causing the problems though!

Guest jdwis

Any chances of some pics of the Theme, lock screen, dialpad and/or some Apps in this ROM?

These would help for all members though.

Thanks

Guest shokka9
Any chances of some pics of the Theme, lock screen, dialpad and/or some Apps in this ROM?

Thanks

It looks like 'standard' Sense/Rosie...

There isnt anything to show people that is different from a 'stock' ROM.

??

Guest bazza_1988

superb rom. ive tried every rom out there and got to say this is the best, and its only a WIP!! can't wait for full release ;) great work.

Guest trstn

Thanks

MCR Rom's tend to be highly tweaked and optimised versions of official HTC roms, they're not themed differently from standard HTC stuff, though some extra apps may be included (see changelog in post 3).

Was using villain for a while, this new MCR feels more stable and just as (if not more) polished. Me likes

Edited by trstn

Guest TheAdmiralCS

I took PLurk out of the kitchen rom and it worked fine on mine too so defo a problem with that. Gone back to this now from VR10.3 and loving it. Seems more streamlined and faster,l had terrible lag with VR10.3 after a few days.

Guest bazza_1988

+1 on the vr10.3 lag, same with cronos, its amazing how they use oc kernels an so on but still have lag that the original taiwan release didnt have.

Guest theFRAGGLE

Hmm, I have a bootloop (on "Quietly brilliant") when using A2SD and a different bootloop (on "HERO") when using A2SD+...

I tried updating without wiping.

With a wipe it seems to be OK. Could this be an issue with my existing A2SD partition from 3.2?

Guest toxic-hero
With a wipe it seems to be OK. Could this be an issue with my existing A2SD partition from 3.2?

it is an issue with existing A2SD partition from mcr 3.2. for more look here. find zorn's reply.

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest RockVJ

I've gone from MCR 3.2 to VillainRom 10.3 last night (both without A2SD - still trying to justify the benefits?).

In the past 12 hours of running VR 10.3, I've noticed worse battery life, several of my most used apps FC'ing (Newsroom, Handcent), a bit of lag I didn't have with 3.2 and this morning on the underground whilst the phone was in my pocket and I was listening to Spotify, the phone randomly rebooted.

I've learnt my lesson. Flashing the Modaco WIP tonight! ;)

Guest theFRAGGLE
it is an issue with existing A2SD partition from mcr 3.2. find zorn's reply.

Thanks for the link, but I use a Ext3 (not 4) partition...??

Whatever, back to MCR 3.2 for the moment... :-)

Guest Richard K. Szabo

I was a cheater to the MoDaCo ROM two weeks ago for about 5 hours... The idea behind VillainROM is nice but the fact that it never goes into sleep-state is terribly lousy (v. 10.3). I prefer the MoDaCo ROM because of the bundled packages and OOB-optimizations.

I'd like to suggest that the default bootanimation be replaced by something that is not 500KB+ in size. Currently I have a non-animated boot-picture on 864B; it's noticeable.

Today I learned from the HTC support in Europe that the 2.1 is supposed to be delivered within 14 days.

"The full update is to follwo, but as the device has already done the first section, then again it may be just over 14 days befor you recieve the next part. but this again will be with you soon. Best regards, Joe G HTC"

"The update is released, but the problem is, the devices are made to check for updates every 14 days, so its possible that you mau have just missed the check period, but the update WILL be with you soon. Best regards, Joe G HTC"

I've gone from MCR 3.2 to VillainRom 10.3 last night (both without A2SD - still trying to justify the benefits?).

In the past 12 hours of running VR 10.3, I've noticed worse battery life, several of my most used apps FC'ing (Newsroom, Handcent), a bit of lag I didn't have with 3.2 and this morning on the underground whilst the phone was in my pocket and I was listening to Spotify, the phone randomly rebooted.

I've learnt my lesson. Flashing the Modaco WIP tonight! ;)

Edited by Richard K. Szabo

Guest trstn

Being able to add a boot logo would be super wicked for the kitchen.

I had one on MCR 3 that was a sort of channel tuning in and finished on MoDaCo, I loved that boot animation, but the update.zip doesn't work with mcr4 pr ;)