30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

I also noticed the Sense restarts quite often, and looks like it is mainly triggered by how many, and how large apps I am using pointing to memory management issues.

Peter

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing Launcher being restarted. It's happening A LOT, even just using the Market.

TBX

Guest maboss77

Hello,

I have the problem with facebook sync.... impossible to link one contact with the same facebook contact.

thank you for your work.

excuse my bad english

Guest toxic-hero
I am glad I am not the only one experiencing Launcher being restarted. It's happening A LOT, even just using the Market.

TBX

there's a topic about this issue here on the forum. many people experience this problem and there's no solution so far.

the latest suggestion from someone is to backup all data from sd card to your computer and than reformat the card. we'll see if this helps...

Guest NutsPT
Paul,

Great work, just having 2 problems:

- Java always FC in loop when I try to open. I really need a Java App :(

- Facebook takes forever to update contacts photos (maybe facebook for htc sense problem.. anyone else?)

Muchas Gracias

Regards

Any news in this fields??

Thx

Guest Jason4656

hi all, am really a bit lost here,

i have modaco 1.5 rom 3.2 i think on my hero, am i right in thinking that i can just update.zip this in the same way but best to backup first, i have backed everything up.

I am taking it from what people have written this is not classed as stable yet?? and is there a stable one coming? x

Guest toxic-hero
i have modaco 1.5 rom 3.2 i think on my hero, am i right in thinking that i can just update.zip this in the same way but best to backup first, i have backed everything up.

I am taking it from what people have written this is not classed as stable yet?? and is there a stable one coming? x

yes, you do it the same way you did it before. the only difference is, you first wipe everything and only then you flash the new rom.

modaco r5 IS a stable rom.

Guest Jason4656

ok cool thank you, do i do a nandroid backup first through that screen and then a wipe through that screen, then update.zip?

i have backed up all apps and data with mybackup pro will all that work?

thanks

Guest toxic-hero
ok cool thank you, do i do a nandroid backup first through that screen and then a wipe through that screen, then update.zip?

i have backed up all apps and data with mybackup pro will all that work?

first nandroid backup, then wipe, then flashing the new rom (with the new radio included if you want).

i haven't used mybackup pro but i think it should work. i did it with titanium backup and it's important that you only (!) restore the data of non-system apps. restoring system apps data would lead to some FC's because the new system is quite different from the old one.

Guest Jason4656

i read that updating the radio on orange based heros can cause loss of data transfer?

how do i know which ones are system apps? thanks

Guest descenpet
i read that updating the radio on orange based heros can cause loss of data transfer?

how do i know which ones are system apps? thanks

sorry another question, will a wipe in nandroid only wipe the os and not all the card/pics/etc?

thanks

some people said new radio works fine some said old is better. you can try for yourself. and you can revert if new one isn't good enough for you.

as for which are system apps, i'm not really sure how mybackup pro shows it since i'm using titanium. there should be some indicator for that.

wiping data from recovery menu doesn't wipe your SD card if that's what you are asking.

Guest Jason4656

ok there is definitely a signal issue for me, next to the desire, the desire always has 3-4 bars on signal, my hero has just 1-2

i am worried about updating the radio due to people saying it locked their phones and nothing they could do by putting the old radio back!

Whats the best procedure to add new radio and keep safe?

thanks

Guest descenpet
ok there is definitely a signal issue for me, next to the desire, the desire always has 3-4 bars on signal, my hero has just 1-2

i am worried about updating the radio due to people saying it locked their phones and nothing they could do by putting the old radio back!

Whats the best procedure to add new radio and keep safe?

thanks

the radio that comes with WWE doesn't lock anyone's phone from what i heard. it was the radio that comes with TW OTA that had problem on orange locked heroes. even then you can still switch off your phone, go back into recovery and flash any other radio that works for you.

Guest Derground

bonsoir, is french.

HTC HERO

Version du micrologiciel 1.5

version de bande de base 63.18.55.06pu_6.35.15.11

numero de build Modaco 3.2 core

version du logiciel 1.0.0.A6288

Then I install the .r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab. any such property passes to the facility but first start it myself out two error.

sudden closing of the application HTC sense (com.htc.launcher process). thank you try again.

com.htc.bg the process has stalled unexpectedly. thank you try again.

Thank you for your help.

Guest Lucky Thirteen
bonsoir, is french.

HTC HERO

Version du micrologiciel 1.5

version de bande de base 63.18.55.06pu_6.35.15.11

numero de build Modaco 3.2 core

version du logiciel 1.0.0.A6288

Then I install the .r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab. any such property passes to the facility but first start it myself out two error.

sudden closing of the application HTC sense (com.htc.launcher process). thank you try again.

com.htc.bg the process has stalled unexpectedly. thank you try again.

Thank you for your help.

Salut! :(

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded to the r5 ROM. I did a clean wipe of the phone and everything is fine since then. To format your phone try this :

Pour réinitialiser le téléphone

1. Appuyez ACCUEIL > MENU, puis tapez Paramètres > Sécurité > Réinit.

valeurs d’usine.

2. Sur l’écran Réinit. valeurs d’usine, tapez Réinitialiser le téléphone, puis tapez

Tout effacer.

Pour réinitialiser le téléphone en utilisant les boutons du téléphone

1. Le téléphone étant éteint, appuyez et maintenez ACCUEIL et PRÉCÉDENT, puis

appuyez brièvement le bouton FIN D’APPEL/ALIMENTATION. Le processus de

réinitialisation commence après quelques secondes.

2. Attendez que le téléphone termine le processus de réinitialisation, puis

appuyez MENU.

Conseil : Si votre appareil se bloque, retirez la pile, puis attendez quelques secondes et

réinstallez-la. Après avoir réinstallé la pile, allumez le téléphone.

Hope that will help you, if not pm me, I'll try to help you out. :(

Guest themuddler

Thanks for the great ROM!

I used Titanium to back up my apps, and it FC'd several times on restoring apps. In the end, if you long-press an app, then chose the market option, then install from there, you can then install it afresh and restore the data only through Titanium. That's what worked best for me and I steered clear of restoring things like the Sense settings.

One quick question: How do I bring the Voice Input up on the keyboard? I fancy at least having a play with it but although I can find it enabled in the settings menu, can't see an icon on the keyboard for it.

Thanks again.

Guest Derground
Salut! :(

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded to the r5 ROM. I did a clean wipe of the phone and everything is fine since then. To format your phone try this :

Hope that will help you, if not pm me, I'll try to help you out. :(

Thanks to you ! It work !

Guest Smallguy17

Okay guys please help me here :(

The fact is Im about to buy a new phone and my mom is going to get my Hero.

I would like to unroot the phone from the Modaco 2.1 custom ROM r4 (Asian release) to the official HTC 2.1 Hero ROM (Nordic/Danish).

What is the easiest way to do this? :(

I don't know is it means anything but Im on the 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 Radio :P

Thanks!

Guest Dr. dre
Okay guys please help me here :(

The fact is Im about to buy a new phone and my mom is going to get my Hero.

I would like to unroot the phone from the Modaco 2.1 custom ROM r4 (Asian release) to the official HTC 2.1 Hero ROM (Nordic/Danish).

What is the easiest way to do this? :(

I don't know is it means anything but Im on the 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 Radio :P

Thanks!

Just install the Nordic/Danish RUU for 2.1

Guest Smallguy17
Just install the Nordic/Danish RUU for 2.1

I have tried to find it but I can only find the information about the OTA Release....

Guest Smilgs

A question for all of you Hero 2.1 users. I tried to install the absolute minimum of kitchen, A2SD+

Result is I get a phone that has 32 MB free RAM with nothing running. Is this how it is for all of you as well?

Guest Psicotix
One quick question: How do I bring the Voice Input up on the keyboard? I fancy at least having a play with it but although I can find it enabled in the settings menu, can't see an icon on the keyboard for it.

Thanks again.

Make sure you have the Android Keyboard selected in Input Method menu (using sense this is in the Edit Text menu).

The input method is lasting, so setting it in one application should set it as default. On the Android keyboard, the input setting is available from the ?123 key, so it may be available from other keys on your pad. HTH!

Guest skaif

Hey guys, just a quick question....had r4 running for a while and decided to go ad free and switch to r5, baked n installed the rom which is running great, only problem seems to be a constant loading of the sense home screen (white background with htc logo covered by loading symbol) whenever i navigate back to it from an app.... e.g. open app, press home and loading home screen :s any ideas?

*edit*

seemed to be a problem with spare parts settings...cant be bothered to find out which, jus disabled em all n it seems fine!

Edited by skaif