30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maboss77
Hey guys, just a quick question....had r4 running for a while and decided to go ad free and switch to r5, baked n installed the rom which is running great, only problem seems to be a constant loading of the sense home screen (white background with htc logo covered by loading symbol) whenever i navigate back to it from an app.... e.g. open app, press home and loading home screen :s any ideas?

*edit*

seemed to be a problem with spare parts settings...cant be bothered to find out which, jus disabled em all n it seems fine!

hello I have the same and I make a full wipe and flash the rom and no problem yet.

excuse my bad english

bonne journée

Guest Lucky Thirteen

Howdy

I'm leaving this message to share one issue I had with my ROM r5 upgrade, maybe it could help someone.

I had an abnormal battery drainage on my Hero, but I think I have found where it was coming from. When I updated to the 2.1 firmware, I actually did a full update including the latest radio ROM : update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.14-signed.zip and with that ROM version my battery was discharging very quickly, real too quickly, at first I thought that the 2.1 firmware was the culprit, it wasn't. In fact it was the radio ROM, the latest update.

I found one radio ROM that looks closest to the original one that came with our Hero for the Telus network. You can give it a try by clicking on this link : update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22-signed.zip

Once downloaded, put it on your microSD of your phone, boot into Recovery mode, and then select the Radio ROM file and confirm. 5 minutes or so later your Radio ROM is done.

Pro tip :

You can verify the MD5sum file by to doing this simple command prompt with your phone plugged to your computer :

adb shell mount /sdcard

adb shell md5sum /sdcard/ update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22-signed.zip

Now compare the result on your screen with this MD5sum =
8fceb343a826d6c29301329ff394cc33

Voilà!

Your battery should be more what it was before the 2.1 upgrade, and the signal looks stronger with this Radio ROM too, in fact, it is with my phone.

Let me know how this Radio ROM perform on your phone, but remember I am on the Telus network in Québec province, yep! it's still in Canada.

:(

Guest D_o_S

Guys, great ROM, but I'm having some problems...

At times, I cannot click the downmost buttons on popup windows... like in Wavesecure, when you're supposed to "Accept" or "Refuse" the license agreement... for me it doesn't work, I have to press like 1000x, and then suddenly it clicks...

I also have this problem when choosing my ringtone

The problem does not exist when the buttons are smaller than the "big" ones

The problem disappears after I restart the phone...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest worcester4x4

Installed r5 today. Initially the G2 went into an endless "quietly brilliant" loop but a wipe sorted that.

Another strange issue occurred though. I set the phone up, logged onto wifi, into facebook, twitter, etc and started to reinstall my apps via Titanium. Reinstalled quite a few, turned away for a minute or two, came back to the phone to be presented with a "password lock" screen. I hadn't set any security up so had no password to enter.

Hmmm...

Wiped, rebooted and went through same sequence. Same thing happened.

Anyone else had this?

Guest worcester4x4
Installed r5 today. Initially the G2 went into an endless "quietly brilliant" loop but a wipe sorted that.

Another strange issue occurred though. I set the phone up, logged onto wifi, into facebook, twitter, etc and started to reinstall my apps via Titanium. Reinstalled quite a few, turned away for a minute or two, came back to the phone to be presented with a "password lock" screen. I hadn't set any security up so had no password to enter.

Hmmm...

Wiped, rebooted and went through same sequence. Same thing happened.

Anyone else had this?

This is a major problem for me. it's happening all the time.

There appears to be a default password lock screen password set up in the r5 rom and as soon as he phone times out I can't get back in because I don't know what the password is.

I've wiped and reset to default twice now and the problem recurs every time.

What's the answer to this?

Guest worcester4x4
This is a major problem for me. it's happening all the time.

There appears to be a default password lock screen password set up in the r5 rom and as soon as he phone times out I can't get back in because I don't know what the password is.

I've wiped and reset to default twice now and the problem recurs every time.

What's the answer to this?

OK, sorted

It's the password that Exchange insists on being created when an account is set up. I was too tired to remember I'd done that. Bloody stupid thing though!

Guest TheMrMay
Glad I could help -- for the rest of you, do:

tbx@localhost$ adb -d shell
# mv /system/sd/app-private /system/sd/app-private.old
# reboot
[/codebox]

You could of course 'rm -rf' it too, but you might want to see if your phone boots ok first..

Now, if the guys who made this boot loader (nice work) make the "check filesystems" menu execute 'fsck -fy' when checking ext3 file systems instead of just '-y', we would all be happy. Had to put the memory card into a linux box to get rid of the stale NFS file handle errors (fsck -y /dev/mm... did not work as the file system was marked clean).

TBX

It tells me it "cannot rename" ...../app-private because there is "No such file or directory".

Hmm... now what?

Guest RodrigodeAlexandre

Hello... anyone solved the A2SD prob??? I've tried repart the SD card to ex3, reboot... reinstall apps...

anyone can help?

I got 45 apps and Igot only 25mb free... thats kindda annoing since I was used to 3.0MCR A2SD working...

thkz!

Guest RodrigodeAlexandre

After a long time trying to solve my A2SD prblm... I've searched the app outside, and it worked...

(I'ved Upload the file down here for everyone's use)

U shoud rename it to update.zip

and run it...

After wait long rebot...

It will transfer all ur files to the SD (Ext3 part) and free ur memory!

^^

Hope I could help!

a2sd_27beta10_sc_signed.zip

Guest mgacool

Hi.

I have a problem with the HTC Sense alarm clock.

Two days in a row, my Hero have neglected to sound the alarm at selected time.

As i guess you all have experienced, the clock on the Hero often shows the time when you put the phone into "hibernation" the first seconds after you wake it again.

I believe this have something to do with the problem.

Yesterday, i set the alarm clock for 06:10.

When i woke up, realizing the time had passed, i checked my Hero. The time showed 23:45 or something like that for about 30 seconds.

When the clock updated itself to 06:29, the alarm sounded instantly.

Today, i again set it to wake me at 06:10.

06:10 came and went.

At 06:24, the alarm went sounded, without me checking the phone like before.

Now, I have rebooted the phone today, kinda excited to see what happens tomorrow morning.

I have used the alarm many times before, never had any problems with it.

Suddenly I feel I cant trust it anymore..

Have someone else had this issue?

Guest ninja95
Hi.

I have a problem with the HTC Sense alarm clock.

Two days in a row, my Hero have neglected to sound the alarm at selected time.

As i guess you all have experienced, the clock on the Hero often shows the time when you put the phone into "hibernation" the first seconds after you wake it again.

I believe this have something to do with the problem.

Yesterday, i set the alarm clock for 06:10.

When i woke up, realizing the time had passed, i checked my Hero. The time showed 23:45 or something like that for about 30 seconds.

When the clock updated itself to 06:29, the alarm sounded instantly.

Today, i again set it to wake me at 06:10.

06:10 came and went.

At 06:24, the alarm went sounded, without me checking the phone like before.

Now, I have rebooted the phone today, kinda excited to see what happens tomorrow morning.

I have used the alarm many times before, never had any problems with it.

Suddenly I feel I cant trust it anymore..

Have someone else had this issue?

I had that problem once...

Did you use any task killer? Because if you close the clock you might have that problem with the alarm, at least that was my problem. Since then I almost don't use task killer and everything works just fine.

Guest mgacool
I had that problem once...

Did you use any task killer? Because if you close the clock you might have that problem with the alarm, at least that was my problem. Since then I almost don't use task killer and everything works just fine.

No taskkiller installed, although you might be into something.

My OperaMini keeps closing in the background, all the time.

Perhaps its time to flush and reinstall 2.1.

Guest agremlins
After a long time trying to solve my A2SD prblm... I've searched the app outside, and it worked...

(I'ved Upload the file down here for everyone's use)

U shoud rename it to update.zip

and run it...

After wait long rebot...

It will transfer all ur files to the SD (Ext3 part) and free ur memory!

^^

Hope I could help!

It is the Darktremor Apps2SD

See the topic on xda for the update

Guest fraka113

Hi...

I've upgraded from M3.2 to R5 a couple of days ago. And I'm happy :) Thanks P

But, is anybody else missing the lights on/in the buttons beneath the screen. Or is it just me.....

Is there an option somewhere...

Also, in 3.2 the clock would remember the last operation I used. Now, when I enter the clock it always go back to Desk clock. I only use the alarm clock.

-Frank

Guest toxic-hero
Hi...

I've upgraded from M3.2 to R5 a couple of days ago. And I'm happy :) Thanks P

But, is anybody else missing the lights on/in the buttons beneath the screen. Or is it just me.....

Is there an option somewhere...

Also, in 3.2 the clock would remember the last operation I used. Now, when I enter the clock it always go back to Desk clock. I only use the alarm clock.

1. this is not a normal behavior. search the forum, issues like yours have been reported in the past.

2. yes, the clock doesn't remember the last used operation in 2.1. unfortunately.

Guest worcester4x4

A question.

One of the personalization settings in r5 is one called "work", it has a two-dial analogue clock on the home screen. The clocks show "London, dublin" and "United Kingdom" time and I can't find any setting to change the time zone display of one of the clocks; I'd like to show UK time and New York time.

Is there a setting I've missed that allows me to do this, if so could someone tell me where please?

Guest fraka113
1. this is not a normal behavior. search the forum, issues like yours have been reported in the past.

2. yes, the clock doesn't remember the last used operation in 2.1. unfortunately.

1: Yes, issues have been reported, cant find any solutions though.... :D Sounds like its just me, so I'll try flashing again...

2: Those clock widget programming guys did that just to get some attention :)

-F

Guest sambartle

I think i've tracked down the cause of the FC on com.htc.bgp (at least the one ive been suffering from)

I've spent a while reflashing various things and watching the log's with nothing loaded on the phone.

One thing that cropped up is that just prior to com.htc.bgp blowing up, it makes a weird request for location data, and if i had passed the stage where it asks for location/data permissions in the setup wizard and let it get a decent enough signal to get a network lock with cellid based location.. it then goes on to try and grab some weather data.

At that point com.htc.bgp blows up.

I recooked the ROM from the kitchen and included HTC Sync and Weather, and the com.htc.bgp have not cropped up again yet.

It's still early but im optimistic as I dont see those errors in logcat anymore..

So the question is.. does everyone who is having the problem have a cooked ROM without the HTC Weather applet?

If someone gets the error with Weather then this may scupper my plan.. but for me its looking good so far!

Edited by sambartle

Guest sambartle

Also can anyone confirm.. Does the Spare Parts option in the Kitchen actually work for anyone currently?

I've built several ROMs today whilst I was trying to fix the com.htc.bgp crashes issue, and included spare parts in the all, but none of them seem to have worked!?

Guest philos64
Also can anyone confirm.. Does the Spare Parts option in the Kitchen actually work for anyone currently?

I've built several ROMs today whilst I was trying to fix the com.htc.bgp crashes issue, and included spare parts in the all, but none of them seem to have worked!?

I had put option Spare parts in every rom prepared in kitchen, and I often had bugs. I've uninstalled it, and in my next rom, I would'nt choose option. Since, I have no more bug.

My last MCR r5 is very stable and I use it to test other rom: at the moment I try Cronos Droid 2.1.2. Very fast and no craches. :)

Guest schizophonic

Hello, sorry if this has been mentioned but I've justed downloaded and trying to install this. After the update the HTC logo nad "quietly brilliant" keep running over and over again. If I choose the Wipe option does it actually remove all of my contacts and etc?

I have performed an Nandriod back up, but dont want to take the leap until I know all my person data will be intact.

EDIT: Right, I did a wipe and now its on the new 2.1 rom. However Its now saying "network locked". I prosume it has somethign to do with the Radio? How do I install a new Radio if I can't gain access to the USB function and mount the SD Card?

Edited by schizophonic