30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest toxic-hero
Hello, my fellow friends!

I just installed this latest version, which I found in first topic entry, and, there comes my story:

I have the same 3G problems as others have here. Using unlocked UK Orange phone at Latvia, operator Bite (Vodofone).

And I tried to find solution, and then I gave up, and finished reading at 20th page, and didn't find any working solution.

I'm on Android system recovery Build: RA-hero-v.1.6.2.

Wiped everything, then made new partitions (Swap 96MB, Ext2 128MB), then upgraded Ext2 to Ext3.

Then thrown via USB downloaded zip (r5 with additions with radio image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: c1796fe810bb27582738520907f050ab), and flashed it. It booted like a charm, entered my PIN, done all starter settings, and found this terrible thing, that mobile network is not working.

It keeps saying that "Connection failed due to incorrect APN settings", unless I compared those setting to my brothers Wildfire (he is using the same operator, of course).

So, I'm here to ask for help in the name of my self, and others, who suffering without tweeting while going by bus... :)

But seriously, is there any chance to get it working?

If yes, then please, devote those 10 minutes for us, and make step by step tutorial, how to do it right.

Thanks a lot,

Rob.

just guessing: maybe your brother has a different data plan. i know my mobile operater has two or three different possible settings and one that fits me doesn't fit someone else. maybe you should just contact your mobile provider's customer service and ask them for help...

Guest Operaatoors
just guessing: maybe your brother has a different data plan. i know my mobile operater has two or three different possible settings and one that fits me doesn't fit someone else. maybe you should just contact your mobile provider's customer service and ask them for help...

Hey, thanks for reply.

I just backuped my previous MoDaCo 3.2 Rom, and there settings differs... Hmm, probably I should write down those, and try tomorrow again :)

Guest BeerW0lf

Its been nearly 5 months since MCR for Hero has seen any updates. Seems like the r5 will be the last release Hero will see from Paul. I've been using MCR roms since android 1.5 and they've been great. Paul has offered us Hero users a great service, since HTC has not been so forthcoming with Hero updates in the past. I even subscribed as adfree member and I still think Paul deserves every bit of our donations for these great roms.

I just flashed my Hero with Elelinux's Froyo 2.2 ROM. I don't think I'll be using MCR for Hero any longer, since it is no longer in active development. Just saying thanks for the great roms Paul, it has been great! :)

Guest sniper.de

yeah, though MCR is a great rom I always enjoyed, it is sad that Paul does not work on an update, especially since HTC released an update.

Paul, as u told Hero is currently on hold, how long? :)

Nevertheless thanks for this great rom!

Guest Formwandler

If the current r5 would be stable enough I would say that MCR is finished for the Hero. But unfortunately Sense is often crashing after the phone has run 1-2 days. Only a reboot helps. And I have found another bug: If the app Aloqa is installed, my Hero is crashing 5-30 minutes after a reboot (the app is loaded in the background). I have to remove battery then.

However, I like MCR :)

By the way: What 2.2 based ROMs can be recommended for the Hero? Any other than Elelinux mentioned from BeerW0lf?

Edited by Formwandler

Guest junguit

I cant get the kitchen rom to work! Got an amonra image and therefore sign the zip...but the funny thing is that the r5 is working.

But the r5 wont give me a2sd...tried to wipe, tried to a couple of different combinations but it only gets the installation installed

and then keeps rebooting. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by junguit

If the current r5 would be stable enough I would say that MCR is finished for the Hero. But unfortunately Sense is often crashing after the phone has run 1-2 days. Only a reboot helps. And I have found another bug: If the app Aloqa is installed, my Hero is crashing 5-30 minutes after a reboot (the app is loaded in the background). I have to remove battery then.

However, I like MCR :)

By the way: What 2.2 based ROMs can be recommended for the Hero? Any other than Elelinux mentioned from BeerW0lf?

Regarding the Sense restarts, it is probably because you have too many services running. Try removing stuff which run in the background (dropbear, alternative keyboards, facebook, tweeter, etc...) The hero does not have enough memory to accommodate them without killing sense unfortunately...

Guest Formwandler
Regarding the Sense restarts, it is probably because you have too many services running. Try removing stuff which run in the background (dropbear, alternative keyboards, facebook, tweeter, etc...) The hero does not have enough memory to accommodate them without killing sense unfortunately...

Hm, sounds reasonable. However, I have Advanced Task Killer running, which automatically kills all apps which are not on my whitelist. And as soon as Sense restarts the first time, it restarts very often, and the phone becomes quite unusable. I will check if restart events can be reduced if more memory is available. Thx.

I have been a satisfied user of MCR 3.2, r4 and r5, but the show must go on, and I've already moved to Froyo. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your great job. When I get a newer device, I'm sure one of your roms will be my first choice. :-)

Guest Tacobell_q80

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM! No 'wipe' is required for anyone coming from MCR 1.2 onwards, or the stock 2.73.x updates.

Dear Paul, I am from Kuwait. I would love to use your online kitchen and buy some roms. I have noticed that you have a Hebrew language installed and it will be great to have an Arabic language too.

The problem is that I have been using your roms for sometimes and i know how good they are , but currently I had to switch and use a rom ported from HTC Legend and it is fully support Arabic Language.

this ported rom does not have HTC footprints, it was removed by MaXo64 and i need it

the voice search is not there also.... :)

Here is the rom link crack it & slice it (click here)

I wish you can add the Arabic spices to your kitchen so we can enjoy your food. you know what i mean :)

Thank you.

My Email

Twitter

Using the hero on T-Mobile:

Firstly, love he rom!

but...

I've noticed that it's now crashing (screen goes blank, buttons don't do anything) and I have to remove the battery to reboot. I noticed this started happening about the time I agreed to use the T-mobile/Orange share thing, has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by hjoshi

• 2 weeks later...
Using the hero on T-Mobile:

Firstly, love he rom!

but...

I've noticed that it's now crashing (screen goes blank, buttons don't do anything) and I have to remove the battery to reboot. I noticed this started happening about the time I agreed to use the T-mobile/Orange share thing, has anyone else noticed this?

I dont think this rom is being supported anymore...for supported 2.1 roms look @ VillainRom12, for 2.2 roms look @ FroydVillain, Floyo & Elelinux

Guest toxic-hero
I already flashing rom from your kitchen but Why the Account & sync keep force close ??? :) B)

it force closes because you've unchecked twitter or facebook or flickr in kitchen. bake yourself another rom and include all three. sorry, no other way for this to work...

EDIT: and please don't quote the whole f****n page in the future.

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest coldburn

Hi everyone!

I`m fom Brazil and have a htc hero with android 1.5 and radio 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 and i want to upgrade the android to 2.1 ...

I will upgrade with modaco rom, i need to upgrade de android or radio first or the rom is itself the update to 2.1 ?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi everyone!

I`m fom Brazil and have a htc hero with android 1.5 and radio 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 and i want to upgrade the android to 2.1 ...

I will upgrade with modaco rom, i need to upgrade de android or radio first or the rom is itself the update to 2.1 ?

Thanks in advanced.

the rom is the update to 2.1

mifran

Help I am not able to access the kitchens for the hero or the zte sanfrancisco when i click the links I get sent to windows@modaco news page

mifran

edit it was a browser problem fixed now

Edited by mifran

Guest Kalyan D

Flashed r5-update-hero-modacocustomcustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip today and rebooted on my htc hero gsm.

Receiving this error continiously. :)

"Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) stopped unexpectedly. please try again."

Guest Kalyan D
Flashed r5-update-hero-modacocustomcustomrom-withadditions-signed.zip today and rebooted on my htc hero gsm.

Receiving this error continiously. :)

"Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) stopped unexpectedly. please try again."

Worked after the Wipe :)

Guest Yasser Hoedie

I just flashed my htc hero with modaco rom from online kitchen. it`s working fine, but when I tried push the check update then download the update but wont install always failed :

E:no signature (235 files)

E: verification failed

Please tell me what`s wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

I just flashed my htc hero with modaco rom from online kitchen. it`s working fine, but when I tried push the check update then download the update but wont install always failed :

E:no signature (235 files)

E: verification failed

Please tell me what`s wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

you now have a modaco custom rom so the updates wont work and they aren't neceesary anyway the one you installed from here is the best

mifran