30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest john.ohare
More to come before final release! :)

P

I make extensive use of wireless tether, is this done differently or at all in the 2.1 ROM?

Thanks for all you work on this.

j.

Guest keef319

I'm a bit confused. I wanted this ROM but "sans sense". I assumed unticking it would leave me with a Vanilla type ROM as was the case with previous MCR's. Guess that was wrong. How can I get the Launcher Pro Beta on there?

Guest Skunkchild

Thanks to Paul and everyone involved :)

This was my first try of a custom Hero ROM - very impressed by the improvements. Flashing without a wipe caused a boot loop for me. After a wipe it was fine.

Edited by Skunkchild

Guest Vido.Ardes
I'm a bit confused. I wanted this ROM but "sans sense". I assumed unticking it would leave me with a Vanilla type ROM as was the case with previous MCR's. Guess that was wrong. How can I get the Launcher Pro Beta on there?

It worked ok for me, I am running sans sense, I just had to pusher the LauncherPro apk before booting

Guest keef319
It worked ok for me, I am running sans sense, I just had to pusher the LauncherPro apk before booting

So I use ADB to push launcherpro? Where do I push it to? (can never remember what I have to write! LOL)

Guest Vido.Ardes
So I use ADB to push launcherpro? Where do I push it to? (can never remember what I have to write! LOL)

I just used

adb push LauncherPro.apk /system/app/

Guest keef319
LauncherPro is in the Market!

I know that, but as I haven't got Sense included in the ROM, I need to push the LauncherPro apk, otherwise I have a blank screen, can't access menu's or anything after I've been through the setup. I can receive calls and get email notifications. That's all.

As it says in the kitchen, if you don't want Sense, you have to push a launcher apk, which is what I'm trying to do.

Guest venturerider

Ah!

I would suggest, though, that you push to /data/app so that you can receive updates from the Market in the future.

Guest Callum MR
Right, pushed it on ok now. So will it automatically install?

Should be able to just boot and then press the Home key if it doesn't run automatically.

Guest TripleM

actually it woul be really nice, if the final version of MCR4 would be "multilanguage", or if there was a way to add/remove languages via the kitchen

Guest keef319

Well I can't figure out why I can't get it running Sans Sense.

Think I'll just have to have Sense on there again, even though I want to use LauncherPro.

I just found Sense would keep restarting itself, and surely that must use up resources...

Guest d3rb3rt
Right, pushed it on ok now. So will it automatically install?

afaik, push does not install.

did you do a adb remount before installing? i had the same problem, and

adb install /wherever_it_is_on_your_computer/LauncherPro.apk

did the job.

it's important that none of the directories in the path have a blank in their name

Edited by d3rb3rt

Guest jeroenhero

This morning I overslept -- and it seems the clock is not sounding its alarm, even though config seems ok.

Anyone else experiencing this?

-- Jeroen

Guest catterick
This morning I overslept -- and it seems the clock is not sounding its alarm, even though config seems ok.

-- Jeroen

Happened to me once as well. Somehow I had set the alarm volume to zero!

Guest ChesterFisho

-- Jeroen

I've had this issue before - not sure if the cause is the same since I'm still on MCR 3.1, but it's one that happens across quite a few Android builds running Sense. As far as I know, the only fix is to go into the settings screen which lets you choose which alarm melody you'd like, then use the volume rocker buttons to set the alarm volume. It used to happen to me a lot when I put the phone on silent - taking it out of quiet mode would restore volume to the ringtones but not the alarm, and the only to fix it was with the method above. Hope this helps!

Guest jeroenhero
Happened to me once as well. Somehow I had set the alarm volume to zero!

I (re-)checked. Alarm volume is loud enough -- and the default sound is irritating enough...

So this is not the reason it's not working.

Edited by jeroenhero

Guest kiwibe

In bad english : if i install this version, is it necessary to wipe when the new stable release is coming?

In french : je m'exprimerai mieux (si une personne me comprend...).

Je souhaite installer la pre-release (avec un "wipe" au préalable). Lorsque la version finale de Modaco sortira, devrai-je à nouveau faire un "wipe" du smartphone?

Thanks

Merci

Guest kiwibe
I (re-)checked. Alarm volume is loud enough -- and the default sound is irritating enough...

Is the same with ringtone, video,... ?

The problem was the same on the VillainRom. There is an update http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...lainRom3.2Fixes (see "System Volume too loud"). But I don't know the compatibility with the modaco's rom... warning !!!

Guest philos64

Hi

I've a problem to install the new version R4 buil3. I'm MCR 3.2 (it is really very good), I am root (AR-hero v1.6.2).

I install from my SD card, the package has to change is found, it is open. Then I see the following:

E: Can't open /sdcard/r4-buil3-update-hero-modacocustomrom-signed-zip.

Bad

Installation aborted.

What's my problem?