Question regarding ROM flashing

Guest karltpb

Guest karltpb

I currently have windows mobile 6.1 on my I8000. The PDA version is I8000DDII3, CSC: I8000INUII3, PHONE: I8000XXII4. I tried updating using Samsung PC Studio, but it tells me I have the latest available firmware. I even tried "Samsung Mobile Phone Downloader" application but had no luck with it either.

I want to check out winmo 6.5, so could anyone tell me what ROM I should try? I'm not looking for "cooked" roms, but an official rom would be nice. As a side note, I've never flashed my phone before so I'm a complete beginner in this process. It would be really nice if someone could guide me through backing up the existing phone firmware and flashing the newer one.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have the Indian version of I8000.

Edited by karltpb

Guest PradeepKM
I currently have windows mobile 6.1 on my I8000. The PDA version is I8000DDII3, CSC: I8000INUII3, PHONE: I8000XXII4. I tried updating using Samsung PC Studio, but it tells me I have the latest available firmware. I even tried "Samsung Mobile Phone Downloader" application but had no luck with it either.

I want to check out winmo 6.5, so could anyone tell me what ROM I should try? I'm not looking for "cooked" roms, but an official rom would be nice. As a side note, I've never flashed my phone before so I'm a complete beginner in this process. It would be really nice if someone could guide me through backing up the existing phone firmware and flashing the newer one.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have the Indian version of I8000.

Ha..this forum is all about flashing your Omnia II with different ROMs.

I am from India , and had same ROM . You are not going to get any official updates from Samsung.

So I used the ROMS here and Phone is pretty stable.

Remember that you will loose your Warranty !!! but well with the kind of support you have from Samsung..you better go for the modified ROMs here .

I recommend.

A lite ROM from here.

Install only what ever you need (Apps).

Go for SPB shell with Spam alert.

S2U2

You will be satisfied ..

Pls read through the forum before starting..there are several hand holding documents to Guide you through flashing the device.

regards

Pradeep