Why every ROM I flash "magically" sets itself up to german???

Hi there,

As topic, I've tried flashing a couple of official ROMs so far and each of them, when in the setup language, I watch as "some invisible being" scrolls through the list, selects german and then check some checkbox.

Why is this so??? Something to do with the current CSC or what? I've flashed EBoot + PDA and this is what happens. So then, I have too Google up to see where in the german menu was the language change option, do it and wait like 10 minutes again for it to switch :)

PS: I've tried selecting the language in OCTANS when flashing and it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for your comments

Guest shadowangel
Hi there,

As topic, I've tried flashing a couple of official ROMs so far and each of them, when in the setup language, I watch as "some invisible being" scrolls through the list, selects german and then check some checkbox.

Why is this so??? Something to do with the current CSC or what? I've flashed EBoot + PDA and this is what happens. So then, I have too Google up to see where in the german menu was the language change option, do it and wait like 10 minutes again for it to switch :)

PS: I've tried selecting the language in OCTANS when flashing and it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for your comments

Are you using both MST and CSC when flashing?

Hi there,

Thanks for your comments

is yours a GSM model?

Are you using both MST and CSC when flashing?

Only MST and no CSC - keeping the current CSC that came with the device.

is yours a GSM model?

It's a 3G one, I8000L

Guest nipip

When you flashed the last csc, german was set as default. You need to flash using some I8000FOPXXX csc as spanish without operator.

I've never flashed a CSC... it's the one that came with the device, and I was the one getting it out of the sealed box and turning it on for the first time (where I did chose english as the language). But now, it always defaults to german :)

Is there any advantage / disadvantage in flashing or erasing (using "Erase CSC" in OCTANS) the CSC over my original one? Considering that my 3G settings never worked with the CSC and I had to input them manually???

Guest shadowangel
I've never flashed a CSC... it's the one that came with the device, and I was the one getting it out of the sealed box and turning it on for the first time (where I did chose english as the language). But now, it always defaults to german :)

Is there any advantage / disadvantage in flashing or erasing (using "Erase CSC" in OCTANS) the CSC over my original one? Considering that my 3G settings never worked with the CSC and I had to input them manually???

I've once done that and, as some operators customize their CSC with a different layout of the options for language selection like in a samsung original let's say is 3 and in your CSC it's 2, it will go down the list to the second and select it...

You have to flash MST with its respective CSC.

CSC only carries network information and some operator customizations... In my experience, there is nothing there that cannot be done manually. I've never used that option of erasing CSC...

But... it's up to you.